Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Two weeks until round 1 in the new comp.

Who's looking to be the side to beat?

Who are the big recruits/losses for each side?

Anyone able to give a bit of a form guide? shouldn't be too hard with only 7 teams.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
I think it would be out of Cora Lynn,Nar Nar Goon and KWR who will be the standout teams
and the rest of the teams will fight it out for the 4th spot in finals
Garfield played Karingal on saturday but lost by 2 goals
very young team garfield,lot of kids come from under 18's into there senior squad,not a tall side either,
Bunyip played Clayton yesterday-won by 2 points,but lost to devon meadows by 5 goals,the depth this year will test Bunyip,as Brad Wolfe,Jack Fitzpatrick,Stewy Edwards,Troy Lehman,Chris Karlis,Joeby Boyes,Marc Jolley,David Bates who have gone to other clubs apart from Jack who run's his own buisness now,but still believe they will win more games then they lose
Ladder Prediction for this season
Cora Lynn
KWR
NNG
Bunyip
Garfield
Lang Lang
Catani for wooden spoon

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
^^^ yeah that's pretty similar to what I've been hearing but we're not gonna no for sure until everyone plays everyone once.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
^^^ yeah that's pretty similar to what I've been hearing but we're not gonna no for sure until everyone plays everyone once.
nailed it there surkin,as i play footy for bunyip,im just hoping were competitive this season even though our depth will be tested plus were not a tall sort of side but were real young and just have to re-build now as we were on top in the 1's and 2's for the past 3-5 years

Axe Man

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I wonder how this season would go if the league hadn't split? It's all hypothetical but reckon it would have been a really competitive year with plenty of teams vying for the top. It looks like Bunyip and Garfield in the west may drop back to the pack slightly while Buln and Poowong appear set to improve in the east.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
yeah i totally agree with you here would expect buln and poowong and dusties to be near the top with KWR,NNG and Cora Lynn if league hadn't split,honestly i think its ruined the league,yeah clubs like buln,poowong,darnum,ellinbank didnt have the greatest couple years in the senior side of things but always have chances to recruit well which they have and would compete with teams who made the top 6 if league hadn't split

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Think a few teams in the east may have spent a bit as they feel they are now a chance of making finals. I still reckon dusties would have been the only side to play finals in a full comp.

Surely Poowong aren't going to be up there though? Did they even win a game last year? Pretty sure we beat them by 200+ last year and they've lost Matt Grant. Says a lot about the east if they are one of the top sides. Warragul will go undefeated IMO.

Axe Man

Team Captain
Jul 26, 2007
Warragul
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I think you are right Surkin, had the league stayed as it was some of the East clubs may not have gone as hard with recruiting as they have, which is why I said it is only hypothetical.

It's hard to say with Poowong. They have recruited a heap of players from Warragul (Gulls) and Bradley from Korumburra, but as you say they were way off the pace last year and didn't win a game. We saw Darnum struggle for the first 2 years of their big recruiting drive until it clicked in the third year so it may take a little while before it comes together for them. That said it probably won't take anything amazing to make the top 4 in the east.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
who do you think will be top 4 or predict your ladder for the east in 2014?
Dusties
Neerim Sth
Buln Buln
Nyora
Poowong
Longwarry
Nilma-Darnum
Ellinbank
im only going off by how i saw those teams play in my opinion i could be way off with that but oh well

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
with Bunyip playing Cora Lynn on Saturday in twilight\night match
i think it will be a close game,but Cora Lynn should win just
players to watch:Cora Lynn-Nathan Muratore,Ricky Clark,Justin McCleary
Bunyip:Jack Blakey,Jeb McLeod,Nathan McCarty

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
Bunyip's Teams for Round One
Seniors
B:R.Buckingham N.McCarty A.Walker
HB:A.Larkin N.Lieshout B.Walker
C:J.Blakey M.Whyte D.Wright
HF:K.Hollister R.Hughes A.Rakip
FF:p.Carmody M.Goodwin T.Buckingham

R:M.Rotunno J.Buckingham J.Mcleod

B:T.Strang A.Ritchie A.Hobday

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
Reserves
B: B.Edwards J.Sugars J.Hynes
HB:A.Wilkinson C.Simpson R.Miglas
C: B.Agnoleto C.Papley B.Beer
HF: N.Roberts M.Young C.Davis
FF: D.Young T.McMillan B.Dexter

R: M.Haddrick B.Deason S.Berryman

B: H.Thomas J.Papley J.Lambert C.Manning
E: B.Wright H.McConnell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
thanks mate
unfortunately the 2's lost by 1 goal to cora lynn our 2nd and 3rd qtr killed us,they were 26 points up at 3qtr time got back to level scores with 2 mins to go then they kicked a goal,as for me,i played terrible but only way is up
the seniors got absolutely belted by 94 points,cora lynn were very composed and good with set plays and just so slick with ball by foot and hand,we had a 10-15 min burst when we kicked 6 un-answered goals but thats the only positive thing i thought could come out of a game that was so one sided,next week we have Catani at home so that will be a good game to watch,
good to see lang lang got a win on the board in the 2's and 1's but also garfield lost by 94 points to NNG in the seniors

Piezy

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2010
Warragul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nilma Darnum
Couple of surprise results in our end this week, Buln are a very good outfit in all grades that I seen well done to them. Some great blokes in the club too.

saint leo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2007
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Couple of surprise results in our end this week, Buln are a very good outfit in all grades that I seen well done to them. Some great blokes in the club too.

I would have thought the 4 favourites won on the weekend, Poowong talked it up but adding about 6 players to a team that was useless last year doesnt bring success straight away. They also lost a few good players from last year too.

Piezy

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2010
Warragul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nilma Darnum
Yeah I thought Poowong were going to be better and thought they would beat you blokes but well done. Also thought Ellinbank were going to go alright against neerim. Longwarry 2's beating Dusties was a surprise.

saint leo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2007
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Yeah I thought Poowong were going to be better and thought they would beat you blokes but well done. Also thought Ellinbank were going to go alright against neerim. Longwarry 2's beating Dusties was a surprise.

At home we are always a lot tougher, and we were a lot better last year than them. We have picked up some handy players and some locals have stepped up the last couple of years. Just haven't been talking it up like Poowong have been, and cos they recruited from Warragul everyone over there rates that more than picking up from Korumburra or Lang Lang like we have.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
i reckon wait and see how everyone is going till about round 8 in 1's and 2's then you will see where the clubs are at with there season?

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
At home we are always a lot tougher, and we were a lot better last year than them. We have picked up some handy players and some locals have stepped up the last couple of years. Just haven't been talking it up like Poowong have been, and cos they recruited from Warragul everyone over there rates that more than picking up from Korumburra or Lang Lang like we have.

Do you think Nyora will be around the same as last year or better Leo? McPherson will be a good addition. Should be one of the better players on that side of the comp.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
i reckon they will be fighting for a spot in the top 4 they have got players from lang lang as you said surkin,and have been under the radar over the pre season

Snoop Dogg

Rookie
Mar 29, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
The Warragul gazette tipped Nyora to come last and was genuinely surprised they beat Poowong from what I read. Must have assumed they were no good as they haven't been talking it up like other clubs

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
maybe they just kept under the radar through pre season telling no one if they picked up any new players or past players returning? thats my guess anyway

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
Bunyip played KWR on the weekend,won by 5 goals,really got the jump on them early,and played a 4 qtr effort
lang lang beating cora lynn was a massive upset,but shows that there at 2-1 just like bunyip and cora lynn now that no team should take them lightly
nar nar goon belting catani by 116 points,they have a big test in 2 weeks when they face cora lynn

Remove this Banner Ad

Back