Ellinbank West Division (Division 1) 2014

saint leo

Club Legend
Nov 7, 2007
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Do you think Nyora will be around the same as last year or better Leo? McPherson will be a good addition. Should be one of the better players on that side of the comp.

Think we will be better Surkin. Macca is a very good pick up that no one has mentioned until now, played really well round 1, I didnt see it yesterday. Picked up a key backman from Korumburras GF side, got a couple coming back from injury who didnt play last year who should help too.

Lang Lang starting well, who have you blokes picked up? Everyone was saying the only teams Catani and LL could beat would be each other.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
well Bunyip has only picked up 3 players that i can think of
Nathan McCarty,Adam Larkin-from Warragul
Andrew Ritchie from Chelsea Heights

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Think we will be better Surkin. Macca is a very good pick up that no one has mentioned until now, played really well round 1, I didnt see it yesterday. Picked up a key backman from Korumburras GF side, got a couple coming back from injury who didnt play last year who should help too.

Lang Lang starting well, who have you blokes picked up? Everyone was saying the only teams Catani and LL could beat would be each other.

We've picked up a few Leo, don't tell anyone though. Quite happy everyone thinking we're no good.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
well i know bunyip will certainly have there hands full against the tigers in 3 weeks,as its easter break,then the week after we have the bye :\

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Any news on who has been picked for interleague?

I know from Lang Lang - Kurt Batt, Sean Dwyer, Brendan Nevill and Ant Craddock have all been asked to play. Craddock is out injured at the moment though having only played one quarter so far this year but should be right by the time the game comes around.

If all the players make themselves available the league should be a very strong team.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
some really good games on this weekend
Nar Nar Goon vs KWR
Bunyip vs Lang Lang
Garfield vs Cora Lynn
who do u think will win
i think Nar Nar Goon by 40 points
Bunyip to just get up by 6 points
Cora Lynn to win by 30 points

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
koo wee rup i didnt expect to be much of a chance against nar nar goon
lang lang played very well after 1\4 time and smashed bunyip quite easily
and cora lynn was a certainty
even reserves game in the 2's bunyip vs lang lang was good i played like absolute s**t though got 5 kicks but did hit up a bloke in the last qtr lace out,thats about it :\

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
koo wee rup i didnt expect to be much of a chance against nar nar goon

I think KWR will be quite strong. If you look at their form they've only really had the one bad match against Bunyip. They were right with Cora Lynn for 3 quarters and then pumped Lang Lang and Nar Nar Goon. Definite top 2 chance.

I think the league would be quite happy with the way the split is working so far. Every side other than Catani has 2 wins on the board and it seems most teams are capable of beating each other on their day.

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Koo Wee Rup, Nar Nar Goon and Cora Lynn for mine this week.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
yeah im going with the same tips as you this week
these are the top 3 teams in my eyes and garfield bunyip and lang lang will fight for the 4th spot

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
^ We'll see. Seems like Lang Lang still underrated by many including the bloke who writes the trash in the Pakenham Gazette.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
lol,well so far you have proved him wrong,
like when bunyip played last week,that team had only had one person out due to injury and our best player is over in brazil going to watch the world cup in soccer,apart from that its our best players on the field
but there not worth a 9 goal belting though,
disappointing start to the season for us,but i kinda was expecting it too,hopefully we can upset nar nar goon on the home deck this week :)

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
good to see bunyip win agains nar nar goon in a close contest,nar nar goon's inaccuracy cost them the game,kicking 5 goals 14 behinds
garfield almost upset koo-wee rup in a close one
and cora lynn got it done against catani by 40 points

punchbuggy

Debutant
Aug 17, 2011
Gippsland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Big weekend for couple of clubs. Stars need to win to stay in touch. As do the goon. Both have home games and I predict both will win. Hope so, for the good of the league( closeness I mean, no disrespect to yips and tigers). Goon has few ins today, scanlon and beck from power duties. Good luck all teams!

punchbuggy

Debutant
Aug 17, 2011
Gippsland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Predictions seemed to be right this week. Bloody hell though, didn't expect the way the results turned out. Goon kicking 32 goals, catani beating kwr, stars winning convincingly. Very unpredictable. It seems on any day, any week, any team can beat anyone. ...signs of a very healthy comp in my opinion. What happened to koowee, anyone at the game that could give us a run down?
I was at goon and it was a complete destruction. Watching lang lang, I'm struggling to see how they have won a single game, let alone beating Cora Lynn. Couple blokes out like Dwyer, Wilson, but they're not 30 goals difference. Off day maybe...to goons credit, they played clean, fast attacking footy, great run out of back line, smashed clearances and hardly missed a goal all day...

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Bad day punchbuggy. Very bad day actually.

Well done to Nar Nar Goon though. They worked harder and used the footy better and didn't let up all day.

Good thing about footy though is there is always the next match to look forward to. We've got to lick and wounds and be ready to face Catani in 2 weeks time, because as the first 6 weeks have showed, anyone is capable of knocking off anyone on there day.

Corey Davis

Debutant
Sep 30, 2013
Bunyip, Victoria
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bunyip Football Club,
from 6th to 2nd is just percentage :) shows that its competitve in the seniors
garfield just played hard attacking footy,ran in numbers,and just made bunyip look very ordinary
bunyip's up and down season continues,win one week,get belted the next week :\

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Thoughts on the interleague team?

Seems like a lot of the guns in the league are either injured or have elected not to play. Wouldn't surprise me if the team got rolled by mid gippy.

Piezy

Team Captain
Apr 8, 2010
Warragul
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Nilma Darnum
EDFL got the job done very easily. Shane Brewster was awesome all day very good game by him.

the 5th wiggle

All Australian
Sep 2, 2011
Barwon heads
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
storm
After an even start to the comp it looks like a big guns are starting to dominate the bottom 3.cant see the 4 changing unless the ruppers stumble badly.the percentage of 5th and 6th is telling us how big the gap is.

Surkin

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2009
France
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Knicks
Tips for this weekends games?

I'll go KWR and Garfield.

Back