gsmiths_s

Team Captain
Sep 3, 2010
Kensington
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Houston Rockets
People writing Sheed (and a few other new faces) off so early are seriously stupid and have no idea about football and go support another team if you have no patience with players.

This. I have said similar in other threads. Most recruits are not ready at 17/18 to have an instant impact at AFL (or any sport) like Judd/Joel Selwood/Winguard & co.

nameless

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 17, 2006
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal
Journalism at it's finest - what a joke.

Shred will be his own player and after about 5 AFL games making comparisons to anyone is idiotic.
Ellis is no way said he is the next Pendles just saw that he will rely on similar attributes to get the most out of himself, but not necessarily to the same level.

dajesmac

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 9, 2009
Manchester
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Demons, Liverpool

That's actually not as much of an insult as it might read. In other words, Sheed won't be an A grader and it's hard to deny he has a vanilla game style.

That being said, it's never a good idea to write off first year players after a handful of games because they can still make you look very foolish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's actually not as much of an insult as it might read. In other words, Sheed won't be an A grader and it's hard to deny he has a vanilla game style.

That being said, it's never a good idea to write off first year players after a handful of games because they can still make you look very foolish.
"B grade at best" is a bit of an insult.

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I'm disappointed that people are already writing him off. This is a vicious cycle. Player makes debut, doesn't impress, is dropped, people make conclusions that player sucks after a handful of games, then player in system after a couple of years has breakout, people take back their assumptions. How many times do supporters do this, it's a joke.

Yamumluvsbigcox

Cancelled
Oct 22, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
I feel sheed is more like simon black just needs to polish his kicking skills to simons high level . Sheed needs to play every game ( not as sub ) for the rest of the season to get a good taste of afl . Get him tagging / running with some of the very good midfielders in the comp to show him what is required to be a very good mid . This will teach him the work rate , running patterns and stoppage setups that they can use the video footage of pre season to fast track his development . It will also give him goals to work towards and motivation to have a cracker pre season and cement a best 22 spot from 2015 onwards

EagleCanival

Club Legend
Sep 21, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
your two options are "yes" and "not a chance"
I personally dont think he will, but he has a chance. Even McGinnity has a chance, so you should be more accurate with your options.

SpaceClef

Big Willie
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life WCE Wings Guernsey
May 14, 2011
Vegas
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Las Vegas Bears
your two options are "yes" and "not a chance"
I personally dont think he will, but he has a chance. Even McGinnity has a chance, so you should be more accurate with your options.
Maybe it was a joke

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi
Hrrmm a lot of those issues sound as though they cant really be fixed

Why? he'll mature physically yet, which matters in terms of core strength. He'll pick up and learn the speed of the game. Both will help his clean hands and getting into more dangerous spots.

Back