HF. Morrisey 3. Brereton 5. Platten 4
C. Kennedy jr 4. Eade 4. Dipierdomenico 5
HB. Hodge 3. Knights 4. Moore 3
B. Mew 5. C. langford 4. Ayres 5
R. Scott. 3. Matthews. 5. Tuck 7

Int. Roughead. Mitchell. Schwab. Greene. All 3

Emg. Lewis. Birchall. Martello. G. Dear. Collins All 3

Missed anyone ?
Eade can * off onto the bench. Mitchell starts.

Selected eade on premiership total. Mitch is interchange so will get plenty of game time, as will rough

Incidentslly I checked the non hawks to qualify and you probaby cant make much more than two full squads.

Apsrt from the 16 lions and 10 cats the only ones heard of are barassi, the collier bros, dick williams, brian dixon, bartlett. Ridley and bourke. Dick lee

Last edited:
Eade can **** off onto the bench. Mitchell starts.

Rocket Eade was a winger, so he should go on the wing and push Kennedy Jr out.
Kennedy was a standard below our all time greats.

Sam Mitchell in the centre.

Rocket Eade was a winger, so he should go on the wing and push Kennedy Jr out.
Kennedy was a standard below our all time greats.

Sam Mitchell in the centre.

Still want Kennedy Jnr in ahead of Morrissey though & Lewis in front of Schwab every day of the week!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder how we fit the likes of Gunston, Burgoyne, Lake, Breust, Gibson etc if we win 2015.

Scarily, knights and Moore fighting to stay in if we get half a dozen four timers

Seriously, we could name a starting 18 of four time winners

Last edited:
Pritchard a tad stiff IMO.. Maybe I'm bias because my first gf was 91 and it was right in the middle of when Pritchard was dominating on the wings but I'd have him starting ahead of Rocket.

Still want Kennedy Jnr in ahead of Morrissey though & Lewis in front of Schwab every day of the week!

Totally agree on Kennedy over Morrissey. If Kanga was not injured in 1984, we win the flag, simple as that! At this point in time, yeah I'd also say Lewis scrapes through over Schwab.

At this point in time, yeah I'd also say Lewis scrapes through over Schwab.
I'm currently in the process of watching some of the 80's games.
Lewis is a different type of player to Schwab.
Schwab was a tagger who could not only put the opposition gun out of business but also collect a lot of the ball himself. Very much in the mould of Kane Cornes when he was at this peak.
I'd forgotten how good he was, probably never got the accolades because of the quality of the rest of the team.

Having said that, I'm not saying I'd pick him ahead of Lewis in the team above. It would depend on who the opposition was. Game I recently watch he did a great job on Greg Williams.
Those who saw Williams play will know how difficult that would have been.

Having said that, I'm not saying I'd pick him ahead of Lewis in the team above. It would depend on who the opposition was. Game I recently watch he did a great job on Greg Williams.
Those who saw Williams play will know how difficult that would have been.

Williams was one of the best centres to play the game. I hated his guts. Firstly because he played for Carlton. Secondly because he played for Sydney.

Last edited:
Pritchard a tad stiff IMO.. Maybe I'm bias because my first gf was 91 and it was right in the middle of when Pritchard was dominating on the wings but I'd have him starting ahead of Rocket.
Line ball....Eade's grunt just gets him over the line. Pritch played a great 89 GF

I'd have Moore at Full Back. Moore, Southby and Dench , the best FB of the 1970's.

In: Lewis, Greene, G.Dear
Out: Schwab Collins, Morrissey

Remove this Banner Ad

Back