Eminem the Legend

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty happy with my call, i am really trying to like this album, it's just not working, nothing about it grabs my attention.

You're obviously entitled to your opinion, imo Infinite, The Slim Shady LP, The Marshall Mathers LP, The Eminem Show & Devils Night were all sorts of awesome. Everything since that has just been new material with no real substance.

Things change, artists evolve, eh, it was good while it lasted.

Also, pretty pathetic to see him lip sync on Saturday Night Live.

he wasnt lip syncing, his mic was too low, and he was using a backing track. go watch his performance at the recent mtv emas.. or better yet watch his performance of rap god at the youtube awards..

better yet, ill just post it

:eek:

Had a horrible experience at work with HR and Manager.

Got a warning for "attitude". And did i give it back to them in spades. They couldn't understand why.

I just realised why this happened.

I have heard MM2 start to finish 30 times now. And nothing else since.

Had it pumping before the meeting too.

If i land a better job before Xmas they are going to get to see Shady again.

So much much better. Great album Slim.

Its not a fault.

And my attitude problem has nothing to do with eminem. Nor is it a problem for anyone other than HR and the useless admin staff that should be sacked for incompetence.

Im just sayin. It gave me the confidence to stick up for myself and not bend over and cop it in the arse like everyone else before me has.

I didn't attribute my attitude to slim, he just represents what i already feel, so well.

Had a horrible experience at work with HR and Manager.

Got a warning for "attitude". And did i give it back to them in spades. They couldn't understand why.

I just realised why this happened.

I have heard MM2 start to finish 30 times now. And nothing else since.

Had it pumping before the meeting too.

If i land a better job before Xmas they are going to get to see Shady again.

So much much better. Great album Slim.

787939471.gif

He went completely downhill after 2000 and is probably one of the biggest sellouts in rap you will ever see

How so? I reckon he hasn't sold out at all. Still rarely shows his face in public, still raps about controversial topics which landed him in hot water in his early days, still battles his everyday demons, doesn't seem to mingle with other celebrities and constantly have his cash on display.

It's weird how Eminem is considered by many as a sellout and not cool anymore, whereas Jay-Z is worshipped at the moment. He raps about being a gangster and a ghetto boy yet I turn on the TV not long ago and there he is dressed in Ralph Lauren watching Wimbeldon.

Lots of Eminem hate on here, I don't like it. Have listened to him since I was 12 and love him just as much now, lyrical genius, angry, controversial and simply doesn't give a *.

Whilst the rest of commercial hip-hop is in the shitter he is still releasing good music. (Encore & Relapse were s**t though).

Anyway have listened to the album non-stop since it leaked pretty much. I'll do my own little assessment just for kicks.

Bad Guy - 9/10 - Probably the best song on the album overall I think. Great lyrics, nice little sub-plot, the last 2-3 minutes get the heart racing. Great track

Rhyme or Reason - 6/10 - Eh, Ok song, I don't skip it when it comes on, 3rd verse is the best

So Much Better - 7/10 - Good song, a bit of fun, nothing more, nothing less

Survival - 8/10 - Liberate yourself from the idea that this is the COD song, and it's a very, very good track. Definitely gone straight onto my Gym playlist and is good to pump on the way to work.

Legacy - 9/10 - Amazing song, once again starts slow and goes full shady in the 3rd verse. Pretty emotionally honest.

arsehole - 3/10 - Worst song on the album. Just plain don't like it. Everything sounds so forced.

Berzerk - 6.5/10 - I actually quite like this song, pretty well-done track. The radio and Channel V has somewhat killed it now though which made it drop a few points.

Rap God - 8/10 - I really wasn't a fan of this, mainly because the beat gave me the shits as did the chorus. But man what a track! Once I listened to it a few times it was amazing. He takes the piss with his work with words.

Brainless - 6/10 - Eh, a bit catchy but not really about much. Not a big fan.

Stronger than I was - 7/10 - I actually don't mind it. Shocking singer and sounds very whiny but it sounds genuine, he sounds angry which is when Shady is at his best. Not the worst song in the world.

The Monster - 6/10 - Not a big fan, I'll listen if it's on the radio but skip it if it comes on shuffle. Rihanna shits me and Em is sort of monotoned throughout it. Next.

So Far - 7.5/10 - Catchy as, rapping over the top of a cool guitar riff with some great lyrics. Underrated track with a bit of humour.

Love Game - 8/10 - Love this song. Took me forever to get into it but it's awesome. Full-on s**t talking a million miles an hour but very cool and entertaining. Em's verse at the end is gold.

Headlights - 9/10 - Surprised the * out of me this track. Is up there with "Bad Guy" as best on the album. Em is angry and emotional which is when he does his best work. I really, really like it.

Evil Twin - 7/10 - Pretty good song. Need to listen to it more to dissect it a bit better.

Overall the album exceeded my expectations really. I thought post-Recovery he was going to go back to cool and calm Eminem rapping about happiness. Easily his best work since TES, which is incredible considering his age.

Making me wonder when he will retire. Anyone watched his 60 minutes interview? He drives himself insane with trying to rhyme everything he thinks of. I really can't imagine him not rapping, as is said in Survival "I don't do this music s**t I lose my s**t". Actually, would hate to see him retire, with his kids grown up with virtually no real-world life skills, nothing to do and driving himself insane with rhyming. Probably annihilate into as many drugs as possible Ben Cousins style.

Do you fools listen to music or do you just skim through it

Not everyone has the same tastes.

A hiphop track can have all the D&M lyrics it wants but if the rapping sounds like s**t I'm not interested. It's an aural medium and I want to hear good flow from the artist. Obviously the best stuff combines both, but if the words were all I cared about I'd go read some poetry.

Woooooosh!

Anyway have listened to the album non-stop since it leaked pretty much. I'll do my own little assessment just for kicks.

Bad Guy - 9/10 - Probably the best song on the album overall I think. Great lyrics, nice little sub-plot, the last 2-3 minutes get the heart racing. Great track

Rhyme or Reason - 6/10 - Eh, Ok song, I don't skip it when it comes on, 3rd verse is the best

So Much Better - 7/10 - Good song, a bit of fun, nothing more, nothing less

Survival - 8/10 - Liberate yourself from the idea that this is the COD song, and it's a very, very good track. Definitely gone straight onto my Gym playlist and is good to pump on the way to work.

Legacy - 9/10 - Amazing song, once again starts slow and goes full shady in the 3rd verse. Pretty emotionally honest.

arsehole - 3/10 - Worst song on the album. Just plain don't like it. Everything sounds so forced.

Berzerk - 6.5/10 - I actually quite like this song, pretty well-done track. The radio and Channel V has somewhat killed it now though which made it drop a few points.

Rap God - 8/10 - I really wasn't a fan of this, mainly because the beat gave me the shits as did the chorus. But man what a track! Once I listened to it a few times it was amazing. He takes the piss with his work with words.

Brainless - 6/10 - Eh, a bit catchy but not really about much. Not a big fan.

Stronger than I was - 7/10 - I actually don't mind it. Shocking singer and sounds very whiny but it sounds genuine, he sounds angry which is when Shady is at his best. Not the worst song in the world.

The Monster - 6/10 - Not a big fan, I'll listen if it's on the radio but skip it if it comes on shuffle. Rihanna shits me and Em is sort of monotoned throughout it. Next.

So Far - 7.5/10 - Catchy as, rapping over the top of a cool guitar riff with some great lyrics. Underrated track with a bit of humour.

Love Game - 8/10 - Love this song. Took me forever to get into it but it's awesome. Full-on s**t talking a million miles an hour but very cool and entertaining. Em's verse at the end is gold.

Headlights - 9/10 - Surprised the **** out of me this track. Is up there with "Bad Guy" as best on the album. Em is angry and emotional which is when he does his best work. I really, really like it.

Evil Twin - 7/10 - Pretty good song. Need to listen to it more to dissect it a bit better.

Overall the album exceeded my expectations really. I thought post-Recovery he was going to go back to cool and calm Eminem rapping about happiness. Easily his best work since TES, which is incredible considering his age.

Making me wonder when he will retire. Anyone watched his 60 minutes interview? He drives himself insane with trying to rhyme everything he thinks of. I really can't imagine him not rapping, as is said in Survival "I don't do this music s**t I lose my s**t". Actually, would hate to see him retire, with his kids grown up with virtually no real-world life skills, nothing to do and driving himself insane with rhyming. Probably annihilate into as many drugs as possible Ben Cousins style.

Great review. Rap God is amazing for me, he's incredibly slick lyrically and it really shines through in that song. At one point he raps 97 words in 15 seconds, and it's all audible. Brilliant!

I also agree with the person above in regards to Jay-Z. The man makes a song about the death of auto tune and then does songs with Kanye who loves his auto tune. It reeks of being a hypocrite as long as you can make a buck off it.

Anyway, massive fan of Em. He's back somewhere near his best and **** the haters.

I also agree with the person above in regards to Jay-Z. The man makes a song about the death of auto tune and then does songs with Kanye who loves his auto tune. It reeks of being a hypocrite as long as you can make a buck off it.

thats something that annoyed me since he released doa. jay has probably made millions off kanye and his autotune bullshit

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its not a fault.

And my attitude problem has nothing to do with eminem. Nor is it a problem for anyone other than HR and the useless admin staff that should be sacked for incompetence.

Im just sayin. It gave me the confidence to stick up for myself and not bend over and cop it in the arse like everyone else before me has.

I didn't attribute my attitude to slim, he just represents what i already feel, so well.
OMG, what a dick. I knew you were a bit slow but didn't know you were a complete douche as well.

I was sitting in subway this morning and whatever radio they had on was playing an MM song that I have never heard of and it was rubbish. Even though he's been rubbish for a good 10 years this song must have been new. It was just ridiculously bad.

Remember he had a release 6 or 7 years ago and he was lampooning all sorts of celebrities. The music he served up then was rubbish and has been ever since. Surprised people still remember him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back