Emirates Stakes Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Emirates Stakes is a very very hard one, I am sticking with Hucklebuck, but also really like Bull Point its last run it came home like a train
I am tipping a big day for us South Aussies.
Lord Aspen, Hucklebuck and Eclair Big Bang. For those that haven't seen Lord Aspen he could be something very special IMO

The feature sprint, where do you go with that one!?? sticking with the known G1 horse that gets it done and thats Lankan Rupee.
But if Chataqua brings its A game it could blow them away and then there is Buffering at 14/1 is massive value.
Slade Power is the unknown it's been an international dominated spring could it continue?

If O'Shea hasn't somehow fked it up already CONTRIBUTER looks an EW special in the Emirates.

In the Classic at 2.3 v 7.5 Chataqua and Slade Power I have to be on the Aussie. If it was something like 1.8 v 10 I'd side with Slade Power but at the relative prices it's not worth the risk.

If O'Shea hasn't somehow fked it up already CONTRIBUTER looks an EW special in the Emirates.

In the Classic at 2.3 v 7.5 Chataqua and Slade Power I have to beon the Aussie. If it was something like 1.8 v 10 I'd side with Slade Power but at the relative prices it's not worth the risk.
Anything that really stands out as "special" over the whole card for you iluvparis ? for me as mentioned above will be loading up on Lord Aspen. if it bombs out it will be little bets for me for the rest of the day.

Anything that really stands out as "special" over the whole card for you iluvparis ? for me as mentioned above will be loading up on Lord Aspen. if it bombs out it will be little bets for me for the rest of the day.

Contributer :)

Only done a quick run through of the quaddie legs but SOLICIT looks decent value in the Mares race too. Not sure what the record of horses carrying penalties in the race is.

Contributer :)

Only done a quick run through of the quaddie legs but SOLICIT looks decent value in the Mares race too. Not sure what the record of horses carrying penalties in the race is.
Looks like it was a fair horse over in the UK.
I am not sure on Hucklebuck, I can't jump off it now especially at $8, but just not 100% on it running a strong mile. thoughts?

I almost felt embarrassed taking $6 Big Memory. River Lad $81? Seems a bit wrong. I know the 1600 is the query but he's a group 1 winner and they've obviously taken aim at this, this prep.

Overall the quaddie is a nightmare, I'm tempted to just take away anything under $15, it's that open! Although I think Chat and Slade should be the straightforward one so can probably afford to load up elsewhere.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Emirates Stakes is a very very hard one, I am sticking with Hucklebuck, but also really like Bull Point its last run it came home like a train
I am tipping a big day for us South Aussies.
Lord Aspen, Hucklebuck and Eclair Big Bang. For those that haven't seen Lord Aspen he could be something very special IMO

The feature sprint, where do you go with that one!?? sticking with the known G1 horse that gets it done and thats Lankan Rupee.
But if Chataqua brings its A game it could blow them away and then there is Buffering at 14/1 is massive value.
Slade Power is the unknown it's been an international dominated spring could it continue?

Buffering no chance IMO. Only threat to Chautauqua is LP and SP. RD roughie for a place

I almost felt embarrassed taking $6 Big Memory. River Lad $81? Seems a bit wrong. I know the 1600 is the query but he's a group 1 winner and they've obviously taken aim at this, this prep. .

Was 30/1 when winning his Group 1 and has been flogged twice since - for that he gets to lump the topweight? Yours

Looks like it was a fair horse over in the UK.
I am not sure on Hucklebuck, I can't jump off it now especially at $8, but just not 100% on it running a strong mile. thoughts?

Plenty of horses have done the Saturday-Saturday double - and at current prices you probably get some compo to see whether he runs it out or not. Just a slight class query for me.

Plenty of horses have done the Saturday-Saturday double - and at current prices you probably get some compo to see whether he runs it out or not. Just a slight class query for me.

Going the trifecta 5,6,7,11 and will throw in 2 because if that bastard cost me a trifecta I would be spewing!!!

Can't ignore Famous Seamus either fastest last 200m in the Manikato
Manikato was a catfest. Temple of Boom sat 3 wide without cover and got beaten half a length. Having said that i think Lankan will improve out of sight down the straight and ridden slightly colder, and will back it and take the quinella with Chataqua. I am quite confident about Saturday, (i have no idea why this carnival has been a disaster, thank god for Adelaide races to semi save me) Le Roir in the Queen Elizabeth is ready, Hooked in the Emirates, treated the field with contempt at Mooney Valley, Spinderbella, big win totally against the pattern last time in the mares race and Eclair Big Bang best horse in the last. it and Fast and Rocking are the only 2 that can win i think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back