Remove this Banner Ad

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don't quite understand, anthropogenic climate change has little visible benefit for anyone with power. It goes against oil, mining, mass production and over consumption. Perhaps those who are investing in green energy, that is about it. Carbon tax I suppose, but that has now been repealed.

AGW has massive corporate interests pushing it. Nuclear, nat gas, renewables etc. Investment banks were big pushers of carbon trading. Govt see (or saw in the case of Gillard) a massive revenue stream. Climate scientist likewise.

"over consumption"???

Sep 21, 2009
AFL Club
St Kilda
Lol.

"Sophie Lewis, from the Australian Research Council’s centre for excellence in climate science"
Lol. Could you get a more overblown title for a Council? Monty Python couldn't have come up with better parody.
So, I shouldn't even bother reading the article?
Because she has a long title?

Jul 3, 2009
tigerland
AFL Club
Richmond
AGW has massive corporate interests pushing it. Nuclear, nat gas, renewables etc. Investment banks were big pushers of carbon trading. Govt see (or saw in the case of Gillard) a massive revenue stream. Climate scientist likewise.

"over consumption"???

Overconsumption is a situation where resource use has outpaced the sustainable capacity of the ecosystem. A prolonged pattern of overconsumption leads to inevitable environmental degradation and the eventual loss of resource bases

Remove this Banner Ad

Back