Fantasy Empire 2014 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

It makes trading a little more interesting because a player headed for rfa could be traded. Also people upping a contract is always fraught with risk. Eg I have 20m dead money this year cutting players on long contracts.

This is the primary reason why I voted 'yes'. In my view, it makes little sense to trade for a player and then be stuck with that player's contract for the rest of its term. Team 'A' may want to trade a player who is a year away from free agency to free up a roster spot and to get something for the player, even if it's no more than 50 cents on the dollar (for example). The GM of team 'B' sees an opportunity to secure a player at a knock-down price without having to wade through free agency and calculates that giving up something to have that player now is better than waiting until free agency and possibly competing with other GMs.

No actually **** that

As if you don't have a trade in the gun ready to go

double flip-flopperer.... :D :D :D

Why don't you just abstain (or go the donkey vote - donkeys are closer to Denver's form than Broncos) ??

Think it's not fair to those who have already traded if we change it but not retro. What if they traded for a player and he only has 1 or 2 yrs left? Yet someone who trades post decision can increase to 3-5 years.

BTW doesn't effect me as only trades I did were for Bell (still in rookie contract so not eligible) and Hilton (happy with current 3 yrs).

I'll go a yes (with a right to change if someone puts up a better argument)

It doesnt matter what shiny said. We always go majority vote.

I agree with TGBB anyway. Retro is good. Retro for this season.
But would be happy with no retro -- whatever it takes to get the vote thru for this season....as we have 14 weeks + off-season left and we should get it thru asap.

I'll list all the trades people have made this season, and you can then all see what you COULD and CANT extend.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back