Fantasy Empire 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

The only benefit being that you can IR a suspended player to get the roster spot back?

No discount etc?

Unfortunately, in the settings, I can only make a blanket percentage salary deduction figure for a player in IR/Taxi. So any player who qualifies for IR, would get a 50% cap deduction for the time that player exists in IR. Soon as they're moved back to Active Roster they resume counting 100% towards the cap. So i can't tell it to distinguish between IR or SPND when inside IR.

However, given that suspended players existing in IR will often come back from suspension, then the GM has to activate him or cut him, can't keep him there when eligible. So at least with a suspended player in IR, they can't exist there forever, and owner is forced to decide to activate or release. A player like Blackmon or Gordon, on indefinite suspension, will be exceptions....the owners will be able to horde them for a whole season at 50% salary. But ultimately they'll have to decide to cut or keep. The only advantage in owning such a player is they can reduce his cap hit by holding onto him for a year or two, and letting his contract years go down to lessen the cap hit. That's the only flaw to that idea.

But in the interests of simplicity and ease of remembering, and fairness....i reckon allowing SPND to exist on IR, BUT no exemptions allowed for retired or suspended when cut....is the way to go. People who have a suspended player, a legitimate pain, like Peterson...do have some recourse, some way to soften the blow, and move around the cap/roster....put him on IR at least giving them 50% relief till they can decide whether to cut or keep him. But still wearing a cap hit should they cut.

If no one gets back to me, I'm gonna install that idea for this year ongoing...

(suspended allowed on IR, but no cut exemption for retired or suspended players).

So speak up to provide feedback, reasons why or why not, etc.
50% cap hit on retirees for the life of the contract.

50% cap hit on retirees for the life of the contract.
Any cap penalty for releasing a player ONLY counts towards the current year anyway.

Example, you cut Rodgers say, who is on a $8m 3 year contract, say. You get hit with a pro-rated cap hit of %20 of $8m x 3 years. And that cap hit exists on your 2015 ledger for the term of the year. At the start of 2016, all cap penalties are removed, people go back to 90m.

So there's no need for a "for the life of the contract" clause. As you always get immediately pro-rated for the life of a player's contract all in one lump sum for the existing year the moment you cut someone.

For retired players, suspended players....it's easier to just give no cut exemption. Especially as you can wear the cap penalty (for the life of his contract) for just the current year. You can wear it, deal with it, and next year, you go back to 90m

The Empire 2015 Draft has completed.
Congratulations to all on drafting your future fantasy studs :thumbsu:

In the interests of being decisive, and sticking with what is simplest and fairest, I have made the following rule changes for this year....

- Players with an IR or SSPND status can be moved to IR.
- There will be no cap exemption for any player released.....retirement or suspension.

All drafted rookies have been given their automatic 3 year contracts.

The next calendar event is August 4, 8am (AEST), when Blind Bidding Auction waivers begins.

This is a process that will last till August 30 (AEST).

How it works...

From Tuesday 8am Aug 4, all Free Agents will be available to be bid on, everyone has until Sunday around 7:30am to make their blind bids. At Sunday 7:45am or thereabouts, the system will award Free Agents to the highest bidders.

This will happen for four weeks in total, thru the month of August. One week at a time, a Tuesday to Sunday window.

Everyone has a fake $1,000 to use for these bidding purposes.

At the end of the Blind Bidding Auction, everyone will have until about September 2 or 3, to get their roster down to max 36 on active roster, and under $90m salary cap. That is when LM re-sets all the roster and position maximums to their default.

QB -- 3 on active, or max 4 total (with 1, 2 or 3 in taxi).
RB/WR/TE -- 13 max on active
PK -- 2 on active
PU -- 2 on active
LB -- 6 on active
DE -- 6 on active
DT -- 6 on active
CB -- 6 on active
S -- 6 on activer

So, if you're over your cap and/or roster limits and/or position limits, you will need to get cracking.....making trades and releasing players, before the deadline.

Any questions, feel free to ask.

Also.....I dont think everyone has paid their $25 entry fee.

I will spend a little time now to gather info on who has and hasnt paid, and I will post here who needs to pay up.

SEND PAYMENTS via PAYPAL to gg.eden@hotmail.com

Already paid...

axis_miles03
Shupe
drd23
TheGreatBarryB
bgt2110
Blacky
GG

--------

Exempt from $25 as they refused to collect prize-money from last year...

BeinPurplenGreen ($85 still owing to you)

--------

Still to Pay $25...

Dagless
shiny_on_top
GeeCats07
Starlin Castro
peterbuch74
Hoggy
Dixie Flatline
arakaan

--------

EagleOz still owed $15 from last year, that I have to wear.

Technical I know but I'm not "exempt" - just paying from my winnings that I didn't want. Though if you want I can be exempt and join for free... :D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back