Fantasy Empire 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Dagless must be dead - didn't set his lineup.
I thought I had...

To be fair, only change I could have made would have been Harvin to Floyd and Floyd sucks so it's not like it would have mattered.

Oh, so he's just got no depth. Got it.
This really is the worst attempted troll of all time... 2/3rds of my bench points, and despite the fact that I lost Romo and Cutler and Taylor at QB, and Harvins injury I'm still in the top four scorers most weeks.

And despite starting Harvin and Taylor due to Cutlers bye, I'm still going to be in the top six...

Funny that you chime in when your team hasn't totally sucked for the week (and gotten away with a win somehow...)

Fish in a barrel. Shoulda started Floyd but I thought Harvin was probable early in the week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In other words, except the big three, call me anytime!
Big three?
Gronk, Green, Julio and AB.

Having a hard time trying to guess which one isn't part of the big three.

Surely all top 10 dynasty assets. Embarrassment of riches.

Big three?
Gronk, Green, Julio and AB.

Having a hard time trying to guess which one isn't part of the big three.

Surely all top 10 dynasty assets. Embarrassment of riches.
Clearly talking about Cutler, Tyrod and Romo.

With eight weeks of the season already completed, I should have enough data on the most recent rookie draft.

Tabulated below are the average points and the median points accumulated so far in each round:

Code:
Rnd    Avg    Mdn
------------------
 1    49.07  44.93
 2    36.09  32.64
 3    22.03  10.37
 4    14.52   3.50
 5    25.25  13.95
 6    23.08   8.65

There are three stand-out picks who more than double the average points accumulated by a first round player - Amari Cooper (Los Borrachos; WR), Todd Gurley (Gay Pirates; RB) and Jameis Winston (Denver Donkeys; QB). T.J. Yeldon (Arakaans Assassins; RB) and Duke Johnson (BPG Vandals; RB) have also performed above average for their respective owners.

Curtailed by injury, Kevin White (drd23's Army; WR) and Breshad Perriman (Fitzroy Snowfighters; WR) have not scored a point in Empire this season for their respective owners, while DeVante Parker (Wolfe Pack; WR) has been a disappointment to date.

Although Leonard Williams (Magic is Might; DE) has accumulated less than average points, given that Williams was the only defensive end (in fact the only defensive player) drafted in the first round, his YTD total of 43.3 points compares well with the average first round pick.

Three players stand out as the picks of round 2 so far this season. David Johnson (Oakland Cats; RB) has almost tripled the output of the average round 2 pick, having accumulated 93.06 points so far compared to the average of 36.09 points. Stephone Anthony (Fitzroy Snowfighters; LB) has also performed very well for his owner, and is slightly ahead of Ameer Abdullah (Legion of Boom; RB).

Unfortunately for Denver Donkeys, Dante Fowler (Denver Donkeys; DE) never saw the field after suffering a torn ACL in training camp and is out for the season. Similarly, the calculated risk taken on Jay Ajayi (Hall of Famers; RB) has failed to pay off, with Ajayi still on the shelf with persistent knee problems. Randy Gregory (Hall of Famers; DE) has barely seen the field this season, unable to find a way past Greg Hardy, Demarcus Lawrence and the other defensive ends playing for Dallas.

The clear stand-out of the third round is Tyler Lockett (Los Borrachos; WR) who has combined punt return, kick return and wide receiver duties to great effect so far this season, accumulating 100.28 points so far, compared to the average 22.03 points accumulated by a round three pick. Landon Collins (drd23's Army; S) was the first safety taken in the draft and he has performed very well for his owner, having accumulated 75 points in the season to date. After those two players, you're looking at Alvin "Bud" Dupree (Gay Pirates; LB), Javorius Allen (TheGreatBarryB; RB) and Jeremy Langford (Magic is Might; RB) as players who have out-performed the average. Langford may be in line for a bump in production given he's Matt Forte's handcuff and Forte suffered an injury last time out.

Round 4 has been a disappointing round so far, with only Henry Anderson (Damn Fine Dodgers; DE), Ty Montgomery (Legion of Boom; WR), Lacom Brown (TheGreatBarryB; DT), Danny Shelton (Fitzroy Snowfighters; DT) and Shaq Thompson (Denver Donkeys; LB) contributing anything of note in the season to date. Mojave Riders managed to select two players in this round (Terrell Watson and Max Valles) who are currently free agents, while Fitzroy Snowfighters' Tre McBride and Denver Donkeys' Terrence Magee have also been cut. Kenny Bell (Los Borrachos; WR) has yet to see a snap, having started the season on IR (where he will stay for the rest of the season).

Three franchise owners have reason to celebrate their drafting in round 5. Stefon Diggs (Wolfe Pack; WR) leads the contribution from round 5 players, on 82.77 points, with Jamison Crowder (Fitzroy Snowfighters; WR) close behind on 71.25 points. Keith Mumphery (Hall of Famers; WR) makes it a trio of wide receivers selected late in the draft who have provided meaningful contributions to their owners.

The best bargain to date in the draft must belong to Marcus Peters (TheGreatBarryB; CB), selected with the fourth pick in the sixth round (84th overall). Peters has accumulated 104 points for the season to date. However, Kwon Alexander (drd23's Army; LB) is hot on Peters' heels, having accumulated 89.3 points. As a dedicated pass rusher, Hau'oli Kikaha (Arakaans Assassins; LB) has seen a lot of the field so far this season and has contributed 61.35 points to date.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back