Fantasy Empire 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick three is a fantastic pick :cool:

Well for anyone else - Pick 3 is on the block for the mere reason that I can't be bothered following the rookies this year.
> pick three is fantastic
> I don't know any rookies

:thumbsu:

I know the rookies, I watch plenty of college ball. I just can't put in the time to determine who's worthy of becoming a Pirate with pick #3.

Come on Shupe, if you have time to post on here, you have time to pick one of three players. Commitment man!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GG peterbuch74 TheGreatBarryB BeinPurplenGreen Dagless drd23 bgt2110 arakaan Hoggy EagleOz axis_miles03 Starlin Castro Blacky shiny_on_top Dixie Flatline Shupe

MARCH 1st starts the "franchise tag" period.
So from tomorrow thru to deadline end date of MARCH 31st, everyone has to finalize...

- Which ONE rfa player of theirs they want to give a 3 year contract to ('extension tag').
- Which ONE rfa player of theirs they want to give a 'franchise tag' to.....and whether it's exclusive or non-exclusive.

People dont have to wait till MARCH 31, but that's the deadline for submission. Anything after that wont be accepted.

People are to post in this thread their decisions.

Note....

Exclusive Tag means you keep that player for one more year at 1.8 times his salary.

Non-Exclusive Tag means that player still goes thru the RFA Bidding Process (conducted in April).....if you choose to match the winning bid, you keep that tagged player at 1.4 times his salary for just one year......if you choose not to match, the new owner claims him, can offer him a 3-5 year contract, but must give you a 1st round pick......If he doesnt have a 1st, you can choose to take his 2016 1st or his 2015 2nd.

There's quite a bit of strategy in all that.

Discussions are underway for pick #3. I have one interested party who actually has good value to offer. Trading doesn't start for some time, so just throwing this out there in case any one else was interested and/or being lazy.

Prize-money for 2014 was...

BeinPurplenGreen $100
Shupe $55
Dagless $40
shiny_on_top $15
GG $15

Dagless was paid a month or so ago.
Shupe and ShinyOnTop I just sent you payments now.
Beinpurplengreen we have to arrange a way to send money to you, as you cannot receive or send money via paypal. PM asap.

Also, last year, EagleOz never sent a payment of $15 all season.

Payment for 2015 is $25 per person.

Three people have paid so far..... Blacky bgt2110 and TheGreatBarryB ..... thank-you for being on the ball.

Also BeinPurplenGreen is exempt from payment as last year he contributed more than he had to. I recommend no one does this as it gets too hard to keep track of. Just pay what's actually asked for -- no more, no less.

The rest of you, don't forget. Payments via Paypal to gg.eden@hotmail.com or PM me to arrange another method.

drd23 shiny_on_top Shupe balmainforever peterbuch74 Starlin Castro Dixie Flatline Dagless Hoggy arakaan .... you all owe $25 for this season's entry fee.
EagleOz ... you owe $40 (15 for last season and 25 for this season)
BeinPurplenGreen ... i first owe you $100 for prize-money, then i owe you money back for over-paying last year minus your entry fee this season, so $110 total owed to you.

Any confidential stuff PM me to discuss.

You should've just taken the league fees off my winnings. Now I'll send the money right back…

This goes for nobody in particular, but I know it took me a while to pay up last season - let somebody know if you can't justify the expense. I'm sure the league is happy to spot an extra dollar or two.

You should've just taken the league fees off my winnings. Now I'll send the money right back…

This goes for nobody in particular, but I know it took me a while to pay up last season - let somebody know if you can't justify the expense. I'm sure the league is happy to spot an extra dollar or two.

Definitely. If anyone is struggling financially, just PM, no judgment made about that. Like in real life, in a community of people you get all types of people from all walks of life and social/financial statuses. Usually, I just cop the extra burden when there's a shortfall from anyone, or the prize-money pot ends up a few dollars less after paypal take their fees from me. Always the $89 paid upfront, then that trickles back with each payment received. With staggered money going in/out from a very active paypal account....it just gets hard to keep track of who has paid and who hasn't and ensuring the prize pool is preserved. Just about being fair -- that everyone has paid equal share and the full prize pool is there end of season.

Ok i will get in early, subject to change until the 31 March i will give :

Hall Of Famers

Cameron Wake DE - 3 year extension tag
Tom Brady QB - Franchise Tag - NON exclusive

GG peterbuch74 TheGreatBarryB BeinPurplenGreen Dagless drd23 bgt2110 arakaan Hoggy EagleOz axis_miles03 Starlin Castro Blacky shiny_on_top Dixie Flatline Shupe

MARCH 1st starts the "franchise tag" period.
So from tomorrow thru to deadline end date of MARCH 31st, everyone has to finalize...

- Which ONE rfa player of theirs they want to give a 3 year contract to ('extension tag').
- Which ONE rfa player of theirs they want to give a 'franchise tag' to.....and whether it's exclusive or non-exclusive.

People dont have to wait till MARCH 31, but that's the deadline for submission. Anything after that wont be accepted.

People are to post in this thread their decisions.

Note....

Exclusive Tag means you keep that player for one more year at 1.8 times his salary.

Non-Exclusive Tag means that player still goes thru the RFA Bidding Process (conducted in April).....if you choose to match the winning bid, you keep that tagged player at 1.4 times his salary for just one year......if you choose not to match, the new owner claims him, can offer him a 3-5 year contract, but must give you a 1st round pick......If he doesnt have a 1st, you can choose to take his 2016 1st or his 2015 2nd.

There's quite a bit of strategy in all that.

So just to clarify......

Exclusive = 1.8 times what new salary is now.
Non-Exclusive = the amount of the winning bid you decided to match times 1.4
The 3 year extension is simply his salary now subject to yearly change.

So just to clarify......

Exclusive = 1.8 times what new salary is now.
Non-Exclusive = the amount of the winning bid you decided to match times 1.4
The 3 year extension is simply his salary now subject to yearly change.

Exclusive = 1.8 times his 2015 salary...and you definitely keep him for 1 more year. Does not go thru bidding process.

Non-Exclusive = 1.4 times his 2015 salary....and you would keep him for 1 more year....but the player is open to being bid on...if someone does bid on them, you end up choosing whether to match the offer and can then give them a new contract 3-5 years at the raw 2015 salary. Or can choose to pass, and the winning bidder has to give you a 1st round pick in return. Then that player they can offer a 3-5 year contract to. But if that non-exclusive player receives no bids at all, then you only get to keep them for that 1 year.

In either exclusive or non-exclusive, once a player has been tagged they cannot be re-tagged the following year. So all those who were tagged LAST YEAR, cannot be tagged this year. They're highlighted in RED in the spreadsheet.

The 3 year extension means you get to keep him for 3 years at his 2015 salary.

Contracted players salaries ONLY get updated when their contracts return to 0 years remaining (reach RFA status). Then I recalculate their salary based on their last fantasy year.

Non-contracted players (all the players in Free Agency) get their salaries updated every year.

The $1,000 fund for the bidding stage is completely unrelated to your salary cap, their salary, etc.

Same as when we do the Free Agency Blind Bidding right after the Rookie Draft....everyone will receive $1,000 dollars to use to bid on Free Agents just before the season starts, and that $1,000 is completely unrelated. When we do the FA Blind Bidding, that will be conducted on the MFL site itself. The RFA Bidding has to be done manually.

Relate it to the NFL....

Exclusive tag means you get to keep the player, no other team can make an offer to him. But your team pays a heavy cost having to pay a much higher salary for one year. Something like the average salary of the top 5 players at his position.

Non-exclusive in the NFL means teams can make offers to that player and try to whisk them away from your team. But your team does have a final right to match or not match the highest offer. So your team gets to keep that player if they do match, but it's often at a higher salary due to having to match another team's bigger offer. But if your team decides not to match, the other team has to give up two 1st round picks to your team.

So in Empire, I'm just trying to create a similar kind of off-season process as what happens in the NFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back