Fantasy Empire 2015 - Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I THINK I've already done them

The players we offered non-exclusive tags, did you re-calc those? I had Bradham, he's now showing 3 years, but no sure on salary. Salary 2014 was $1m, now showing $2.8m. Assume that includes the non-ex portion. I'm $5m over cap so just want to make sure.

The players we offered non-exclusive tags, did you re-calc those? I had Bradham, he's now showing 3 years, but no sure on salary. Salary 2014 was $1m, now showing $2.8m. Assume that includes the non-ex portion. I'm $5m over cap so just want to make sure.
I definitely have done the extension tag players. Pretty sure have done the franchise tag players. When I get home in an hour I'll let you know in here for sure.

TheGreatBarryB and everyone else....

yep, just as i thought, all new salaries had already been calculated for extension tag players and RFA players.

but i hadnt done the franchise tag players yet. i'll do that now.

brb in about 20 minutes. then check your rosters again for the correct salary cap situation of your team.

Ok i've done all the franchise tag players -- given new salaries and their 1 year contract.

The ONLY thing left to do....is wait for everyone to respond on who they're matching/passing, and the contract lengths you want to give them, and then i'll do all that in one go....new contract lengths, removing the unwanted players, moving players to their new teams etc.

Good work GG.

I'll have to sit down this weekend sometime and properly sort things out on my team. I've had about 6-7 blokes bid on because my team is so strong, so I need to work out who's worth keeping to stay under my cap.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about it specifically?
Just to clarify, I think I mentioned something earlier about how we get one extension tag per year. Once rookies come off contract for the first time, that means teams are going to have ~6 rookies and 6+ veterans out of contract. All at once. With one extension option only.

Does not work.

The initial intention was that rookies would be able to be given veteran contracts at full costs. So they are signed ala the first year post-draft to various year contracts whilst their prices are now at veteran levels.

Rookies don't become RFAs. Same trading setup ie new person can make contract as per their desires.

The initial intention was that rookies would be able to be given veteran contracts at full costs. So they are signed ala the first year post-draft to various year contracts whilst their prices are now at veteran levels.

Rookies don't become RFAs. Same trading setup ie new person can make contract as per their desires.
Undrafted rookies that you picked up from waivers, at the end of the year, become rfas. Has happened every year of Empire.

If we want to allow DRAFTED rookies to be given the option first of signing a new vet contract AFTER their rookie deal is up. I'm sure I can find a solution for that.

Basically, any unwanted drafted rookies are allowed to become rfas, all undrafted rookies on one year contracts STILL become rfas, but wanted drafted rookies we can give a 2-4 year max contract? Or 3-5 year max contract? Don't want it to be TOO much tho because we still want players to move around the league.

Or...another solution to that contract length option is allow them to get a 3-5 yrs contract, BUT we reduce the cap say 5m? And reduce the contract cap from 118 to something more meaty...as the contract already is too high anyway, no one ever struggles getting under that.

Also, the extension tag we can confine to vets only.

Anyway...There's something there we CAN figure out for start of next season before all the drafted rookies come off contract.

So does this mean -

1) GG drafts Mike Evans
2) Mike Evans is on 500k base salary in his rookie year
3) Mike Evans scores X amount of points, his new salary becomes 2.5m(or whatever) and we then decide 3-5 years.
4) Otherwise RFA?

Ultimately getting just one year of the rookie deal? Salary caps would have to increase if this were the case. I don't mind the idea.

So does this mean -

1) GG drafts Mike Evans
2) Mike Evans is on 500k base salary in his rookie year
3) Mike Evans scores X amount of points, his new salary becomes 2.5m(or whatever) and we then decide 3-5 years.
4) Otherwise RFA?

Ultimately getting just one year of the rookie deal? Salary caps would have to increase if this were the case. I don't mind the idea.
You get three year rookie contracts, which stay at 500,000 until that finishes before they can be resigned to veteran contracts. Considering most owners live near the salary cap, the jump in a players cost is pretty substantial.

So they are signed ala the first year post-draft to various year contracts whilst their prices are now at veteran levels.
This part confused me.

All good, I'm happy with keeping it at the 3 years and then option to sign on all rookies. The way the cap is, that contract increase of ~6 players per year will definitely see more player movement.

Perhaps somebody should go through a team who has a number of rookies coming out of contract next season and see how that will affect cap etc? We still might need to increase it ever so slightly. 6 x 3mil (being conservative) is pretty substantial.

The way it's been running at the moment is just vets coming out of contract, meaning some increase/some decrease and the cap generally being unaffected.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back