Fantasy Empire 2015 - RFA Bidding Process

Remove this Banner Ad

RFA Bidding period opens at 9am AEDST, Thursday April 2nd.

It will run 24/7 right thru till 9am May 1st.

Deadline for nominating one player for a franchise tag, and one player for an extension, will end at 9 am April 2nd. No late nominations will be accepted.

FAQ....

1. You have $1,000 of bid money to last the entire month.
2. Make your bid entries on the "bidding" tab.
3. You can place a bid on as many players as you want, but keep in mind having enough funds left over to MATCH bids placed on your players.
4. If you place a bid you cannot delete it, or decrease it.
5. You can increase an opening bid, but only if no one has made a second bid.
6. Don't bid on your own RFAs. You have the option later to MATCH the winning bid and reclaim the player, or PASS and let them go.
7. Players in blue are not RFAs anymore, cannot be bid on, they have been given contract extensions, so ignore them.
8. Players in gold got given Non-Exclusive Franchise Tags....you CAN bid on them, but if you do, the team who owns them can let you win them, and you MUST then give that team owner a 1st round pick.
9. If you're the first person to make a bid on a player, enter your name and bid amount in the "BID 1" cell. The next person who wants to make a bid on the same player must enter his name and bid amount in the "BID 2" cell. Etc.
10. You can only re-bid on a player when someone has outbid you.
11. Minimum bid increment is $1, maximum bid increment is $100.
12. All bids will end when the RFA period ends on May 1st. All RFAs will be finalized thru the month of May, which ones people will MATCH or PASS on.

If people exceed their $1000 I will sort it out during May, with the second best bidder, etc being offered the players instead.

Are we doing the same as last year, with the process split into weeks, eg. once a player is bid upon he's on the block for seven days or will there be a rush of bids at the last minute?

Are we doing the same as last year, with the process split into weeks, eg. once a player is bid upon he's on the block for seven days or will there be a rush of bids at the last minute?
Not like last year. See faq above...

11. Bids on a player end when one of the following occurs.....a) the twelfth bid is made, b) $300 bid total is reached, c) the RFA period ends on May 1st.

Every player is open for bidding

whoever just made all those bids of $1 on Poe, Edelman and Foles.....you need to ALSO enter your name in there! So we all know who made the bids.
Whoops, that was me. Will fix now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whoops, that was me. Will fix now.
Also, see FAQ above again.

DO NOT bid on your own RFAs! If people make bids on your players, you just sit back and do nothing. When someone 'wins' your RFA, you then have the option to MATCH the winning bid -- which means you win the player back....or you can PASS, and the person with the winning bid now owns him.

I'll remove your bids on Poe and Edelman from the spreadsheet now.

Also, see FAQ above again.

DO NOT bid on your own RFAs! If people make bids on your players, you just sit back and do nothing. When someone 'wins' your RFA, you then have the option to MATCH the winning bid -- which means you win the player back....or you can PASS, and the person with the winning bid now owns him.

I'll remove your bids on Poe and Edelman from the spreadsheet now.
Sorry, just rushed into it. Also look at the discussion I posted above.

Okay hammered it during lunch break. All is done except the penalty hits for cuts made this off season.

All retained or won RFAs have been given a 3 yr contract. All tagged players given 1 year. All available RFAs shown as 0 years left.

20% penalty x years left on contract

90m soft salary cap

The two changes made as per debate last night.

Looking good now. Roster situations are much clearer now.

Can admit I was wrong. :thumbsu:

Hmm. I'm vehemently against an exemption for retired players, otherwise people will be giving 3+ year contracts to guys who clearly won't last that long.

Maybe we need to have a discussion about reducing the 3 year minimum to 2. Then if you get a retired player, you're only hit for one year.

Been reading this discussion, but im confused by it.
The original 'exemption' being referred to wasn't related to retired players. It was just me giving people a "grace period" between may and june to allow people to cut players with no cap hit.
Then everyone argued people should get a cap hit during that period too, that there shouldn't be a "grace period".
So i said ok, and got rid of the "grace period" rule.
But we didnt really address the "retired player" debate in there I dont think. I seem to remember we still had another debate about retired players specifically. I will have to keep reading thru.

Hmm. I'm vehemently against an exemption for retired players, otherwise people will be giving 3+ year contracts to guys who clearly won't last that long.

Maybe we need to have a discussion about reducing the 3 year minimum to 2. Then if you get a retired player, you're only hit for one year.

Ok, reading thru it, we agreed there's a cut hit irrespective.
This year we agreed we'd give an exemption to suspended players (as long as they were originally on your roster not suspended).

This seems hypocritical now then. To exempt a suspended player but not exempt a retired player.

Should we therefore just remove the exemption from suspended players too -- for simplicity's sake?

Which also brings back your other point then about what do you do with a Peyton Manning.

If you offered him a franchise tag, non-exclusive, then you would retain him for 1 year only.....ONLY IF no one makes a bid on him. But if someone does bid on him there are two possible outcomes---the person who wins the bid on him, MUST offer him a 3-5 year contract AND give you a 1st round pick IF you choose to PASS not match the bid. If you choose to MATCH, then you MUST give Manning a 3-5 year contract.

So to me it seems that's ok, no need to bring in a 2 year contract minimum, because no one would make a bid on Manning knowing they run the risk of giving up a 1st round pick, and having to give him a 3-5 year contract with a cap hit of 20% for every year remaining on his contract when he retires.

So, you'd surely just get to keep Manning as a 1 year franchise tagged player who didn't get bid on by anyone else.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back