Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Jeff Probst
I used to work at a logistic company unloading red bull and drank 4 or 5 of em a day and never felt as if it did anything. So I tried a mother the other day, a 34 year old with 2 children..... not really but anyway that Mother drink is intense. I could feel my heart beat had increased a lot and I didn't feel the best. Im a big fan of the taste, it's addictive in particular Mother surge. But anyway I'm going to stay away from Mother for a while, as I fear for my life :D. I always thought energy drinks were more of a placebo than anything, Mother certainly is not.

Anyone else have any experiences with this drink or any other energy drinks?

Had a naive friend eons ago who didn't know what Red Bull was, tried it one night, liked the taste, and then exclusively drank vodka & Red Bull for the entire night (about one an hour for 8 hours or so).

She was not a big caffeine drinker either, so the effects were like concentrated speed... she literally didn't sleep for almost 2 nights.

Really bad for you, its shocking how many people drink more than 1 a day. Never drink them myself, apart from a few jager bombs every now and then

Haven't had one in yonks, but the first one I had was V, and felt like sh*t after it. Have since tried Mother, Red Bull and Wicked, really like the taste of all 3, and don't feel any of that increased heart beat stuff or anything.

I feel good in the mind, kind of like a mild E experience. Especially if you're doing intensive exercise like a long bike ride, it's cool for that. I don't think it's the caffeine but perhaps the taurine that does that.

Used to drink them like it was water. First time I had 3 red bulls in one day i was talking faster and my hands were shaking. Like something out of a cartoon. But after that the effects wore off and I could have a can of Red Bull just before I went to sleep and it didn't keep me up.

Went cold turkey on the stuff at the start of the year, because as other have said, it's not good for you. Had a red bull last week and after being off it for nearly 4 months I can't believe how yuck the stuff is now.

The worst thing about these drinks for me, especially mother is that it makes my teeth hurt really bad for a few days. After drinking them, it is painful eating anything solid. Therefore I don't have them anymore, and stick to Cola, which admittedly is the lesser evil here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only drink them if I plan on getting s***faced. I was about 11-12 when they first came out and in my area they distributed them for free in the letterbox. I had it and the effects of it were insane, I was literally bouncing of the walls, good times indeed.

A few of my mates and I had a Jagerbomb night on a trip away in 2006.

Woke up just under 2 days later, and I haven't been able to drink Red Bull since.

V, Mother, all the rest are fine (although I don't drink them too regularly either) but RB, for some reason, I just can't do anymore.

bump..

I was talking to a bloke the other week who runs a transport company contracted to deliver all the drinks, chocolate and smokes to BP and Caltex servos.

He was telling that every outlet sold hundreds and hundreds of energy drink units every week. Some of the big 24 hr truck stop outlets sold around 1000 units a week.

I just don't get it. These evil concoctions are so packed full of sugar it isn't funny.

Why do so many people drink this crap...its one of the greatest marketing success stories of modern times.

So many millions sucked into this notion of drinking sickly sweet rubbish in cool looking cans.

Its because they wont legalise amphetamines (which they should, because garage concoted speed is still better for you than red bull).

These things are like the worst of modern society, along with fast food. They make a can of coke look good for you. I never really understood the appeal, kids would drink these things a lot when I was 11/12/13 and I just thought they were expensive and tasted like syrup (and I always liked cough medicine). As said above, marketing genius. The way they've branched out into sports and, unlike Powerade advertising with sports, they've just attached themselves to an image – soccer, car racing, whatever. I know a friend who said he studied Red Bull all semester to evaluate how nothing a company can be but how many billions it can make.

The worst of all is that there's this really cute girl at uni who I used to chat to a little. Few weeks later, I realised the Red Bull can at our 9am tute was in fact hers – she'd drink one in the tute, then have a fresh one for the pair of lectures at lunchtime. Horrible look.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back