England U19's vs Australia U19's - Youth Ashes (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 3, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Ashes.jpg

And they're back. Following on from England's tour down under in April this year, in which we saw a drawn test match and Australia take the ODI series 3-2, it's Australia's turn as the tourists. This series should play a key role in determining the squad for the World Cup in Jan-Feb 2016 - hosted by Bangladesh.

What better time to look to the future, when the current lot of seniors are far from inspiring?

Australian Squad

England Test Squad

England ODI Squad

As above, except:

IN
Aneurin Donald (c)
Hugh Bernard
Jack Burnham
Adam Hickey

OUT
Tom Alsop
Max Holden
Matthew Parkinson
George Garton

Fixtures

Youth Test: England U19 v Aust U19 at Chester-le-Street on Aug 4-7, 2015

1st Youth ODI: England U19 v Aust U19 at Gosforth on Aug 11, 2015

2nd Youth ODI: England U19 v Aust U19 at Chesterfield on Aug 14, 2015

3rd Youth ODI: England U19 v Aust U19 at Derby on Aug 17, 2015

4th Youth ODI: England U19 v Aust U19 at Leicester on Aug 20, 2015

5th Youth ODI: England U19 v Aust U19 at Worcester on Aug 22, 2015

I've got no doubt all 3 of the Victorians [Harper, Grimwade, Pucovski] will play for Australia at some point in their careers.

They played a two day practice match against Unicorns over the last two nights (which they drew).

Unicorns 6 dec 334
Australia 156 (Doran made 50 odd*)
Unicorns 2 dec 91
Australia 2/168 Pucovski 53 not out, Page 48, Jewell 67 not out

I've got no doubt all 3 of the Victorians [Harper, Grimwade, Pucovski] will play for Australia at some point in their careers.

They played a two day practice match against Unicorns over the last two nights (which they drew).

Unicorns 6 dec 334
Australia 156 (Doran made 50 odd*)
Unicorns 2 dec 91
Australia 2/168 Pucovski 53 not out, Page 48, Jewell 67 not out

Where'd you find the scores for that one? I knew they were playing, but didn't find any coverage. The England warm-up next door was on Cricinfo.

Where'd you find the scores for that one? I knew they were playing, but didn't find any coverage. The England warm-up next door was on Cricinfo.

I know a few people involved in the team and over there who gave me scores.

Game 1 starts tonight. For those who didn't know Sam Harper is out of the tour (at this stage) with glandular fever.

Game 1 starts tonight. For those who didn't know Sam Harper is out of the tour (at this stage) with glandular fever.

Patrick Page has a broken toe from a net session too. I believe Matt Renshaw (Qld) has been added to the squad.

Early wicket for England, Pattison caught down the leg side for 1.

Last edited:
A quality England seam line up, Mahmood has played a few county games for Lancashire. Bowls very fast.

A quality England seam line up, Mahmood has played a few county games for Lancashire. Bowls very fast.

Yep, thought he was the most impressive of their bowlers. Warner tends to swing it in at a bit slower pace.

E: They've raced to 1/100 off 22 overs. Gauci 55* (NSW) and Jewell 37* (TAS)

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

great start from the lads.

Interesting to note, the batsmen either failed 1,0,1,1 or went close to 100s (with the except of Jewell)

Parkinson was getting them to rip according to my mate who is there, reckons he had a few ridiculous balls, bowled Seymour around his legs i believe.

Excellent start to the tour by Australia.

8/373
J Gauci (NSW) 111
J Doran (NSW/TAS) 103
J Richardson (WA) 87
C Jewell (TAS) 37

Get around him! Do you reckon he was thinking about the number when he got out Torz ?

Also nice to see another hundred by Doran to go with his 169 in the test down here. The hype may be justified.

Get around him! Do you reckon he was thinking about the number when he got out Torz ?

Also nice to see another hundred by Doran to go with his 169 in the test down here. The hype may be justified.

Not sure. I think he was caught on the boundary in the last over of the day. Might've thought they'd declare overnight.

A few momentum swings on Day 2, I reckon the game could be decided in the first session of Day 3.

Australia ended up all out for 446 after David Grant (46*) and Liam Hatcher (36) put on 73 for the 9th wicket. Matt Parkinson, a leg spinner, took 6/130 (38 overs).

England got off to a strong start, getting to 1/143 before losing their middle order in quick fashion. A late partnership leaving the game evenly poised.

England - 5/242
J Richardson 3/38 (13)
L Hatcher 1/29 (11)
F Seymour 1/33 (10)

Hogan probably won't go around next season so Richardson might be a sneaky chance for a shield debut

Would be good to see, but some stiff competition out there with Behrendorff, NCN, Mackin, Rimmington, Moody, Tye and Dixon all vying for spots. As far as I am aware, Duffield is still in WA too?

Would be good to see, but some stiff competition out there with Behrendorff, NCN, Mackin, Rimmington, Moody, Tye and Dixon all vying for spots. As far as I am aware, Duffield is still in WA too?

Duffield didn't get a contract this season. And you forgot Paris (if fit). There are plenty to choose from!

Also depends on Marsh's availability. If he doesn't play early tests, he'll bat at 6 and shuffle Whiteman and Agar ot 7 and 8 respectively, with NCN, Dorff and probably Rimmington as the attack.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back