England vs Ireland (1 ODI) & New Zealand tour (2 tests, 1 T20, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

The train wreck that is Taylor and Kane running between the wickets has started again!

I don't understand how they are so poor together!

lol @ Holding talking about "grass", and the awkward silence in the comm box after this

You'd think with the platform nz have set with McCullum still to come they could post a pretty decent score here. Should be Nz favourites by a mile here.. What were the odds before the match started?

NZ are in a good position which is unbelievable because their intent levels have been pretty low thus far.

Taylor seems to have really tempered his instincts in the last couple of years for the benefit of the side.

Williamson is just a star.

Two great days of test match cricket. If england can get a couple of wickets early on day 3 then they are right back in this match. if NZ consolidate for the first hour or so then they can bat england out of the match. got to admit, stokes/root/butler/ali showed alot of fight and won alot of respect. fantastic batting especially by root and stokes. They weren't afraid to put away the bad balls and turn over the strike which put the pressure back on NZ and as we say the nz bowlers became waaay less effective.

Haven't seen ballance bat much but does anyone know if he is always really defensive/tentative early on in his innings?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two great days of test match cricket. If england can get a couple of wickets early on day 3 then they are right back in this match. if NZ consolidate for the first hour or so then they can bat england out of the match. got to admit, stokes/root/butler/ali showed alot of fight and won alot of respect. fantastic batting especially by root and stokes. They weren't afraid to put away the bad balls and turn over the strike which put the pressure back on NZ and as we say the nz bowlers became waaay less effective.

Haven't seen ballance bat much but does anyone know if he is always really defensive/tentative early on in his innings?

The wicket is playing pretty truly for the seamers. Stokes has looked like nothing with his bad habit of over-pitching.

Wood is shorter than I thought he was.

Yeah he's not tall is he.

I quite liked his action - looked strong and powerful generating some pretty decent pace (over 90mph), but Michael Holding reckons he needs to make his run up longer so who am I to argue.

This is set perfectly for McCullum to have another quickfire century and take the game totally away from England.

Watching Williamson is great, such a brilliant young cricketer, still only 24 so improvement still to come. Going to enjoy being seeing him at Hobart this summer. Best young batsman in the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back