English Premier League 14/15 and all other football/soccer talk.

Remove this Banner Ad

With less than a month to the start of the 2014/15 EPL I thought it was time to start this again.

Already many of the championship contenders have signed some big names (unless you're Tottenham or Liverpool:p).

Personally I'm just happy that Newcastle are finally spending some money too, with good signings like Cabella, Janmaat (better than Debuchy) and De Jong already.

As always I've got a league going on the official fantasy site, feel free to join;

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

League name = FPL 2K14/15

League code = 189276-52261

Welcome to a new season.:D

So excited to see how we go with LVG and will be strange without watching us in Europe for once.
Hopefully we can get Vidal over from Juventus, would be a massive get esp with Carrick set to miss 2-3 months so we are short at CDM.
Arsenal have had a extremely strong transfer period which is strange for Wenger but man that midfield/fwd lineup is mouth watering. I expect them to push City and Chelsea but still think its out of those 2

With less than a month to the start of the 2014/15 EPL I thought it was time to start this again.

Already many of the championship contenders have signed some big names (unless you're Tottenham or Liverpool:p).

Personally I'm just happy that Newcastle are finally spending some money too, with good signings like Cabella, Janmaat (better than Debuchy) and De Jong already.

As always I've got a league going on the official fantasy site, feel free to join;

http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

League name = FPL 2K14/15

League code = 189276-52261

Welcome to a new season.:D

Yep am happy with our signings also. Still need the addition of a decent striker but I'd hate to see us do something like Sunderland spending 14m on Borini!

LFC here.

I will miss Suarez's wizardry but not his insanity.

We've brought in some good talent and still have plenty to spend. Lallana and Can slot in to the squad nicely, as does Lovren.

Markovic looks like a jet in the making but will need time.

With Origi going straight back out on loan we still need another striker and would like another defender or two.

We lost Suarez but the second top scorer in the EPL last year plays for us, and Raheem/Coutinho should both keep improving.
Just need that top shelf striker.

LFC here.

I will miss Suarez's wizardry but not his insanity.

We've brought in some good talent and still have plenty to spend. Lallana and Can slot in to the squad nicely, as does Lovren.

Markovic looks like a jet in the making but will need time.

With Origi going straight back out on loan we still need another striker and would like another defender or two.

We lost Suarez but the second top scorer in the EPL last year plays for us, and Raheem/Coutinho should both keep improving.
Just need that top shelf striker.

No Wonder Liverpool spent a lot on Defense in which that cost them the EPL Title last year

No Wonder Liverpool spent a lot on Defense in which that cost them the EPL Title last year

It sure did!

We're rumoured to be on the verge of signing two top shelf defenders from Spain. Moreno especially is quality. I hope it's true.

Massive Man City fan here as some of you probably know.

I think Arsenal are the team to beat and that hurts me as I hate Wenger and Arsenal with a burning passion, more so than United. Chelsea second and City third. Chelsea also are building a team with solid depth but they have brought in some old players as well.

1 Arsenal 2 Chelsea 3 Man City 4 Man United

There's 7 sides that stand out from the rest (Ars, Che, Man C, Man U, Liv, Tot and Eve) and then there's everyone else fighting for survival.

I expect Liverpool and Arsenal to start the season really well but the depth of their squad compared to Chelsea and the two Manchester teams will see them die off around Xmas I reckon.

Chelsea or Man City to win the title, Man u to get back into the UCL with a 3rd or 4th place finish and Newcastle to look like challenging for Europe at one stage only to lose 4 in a row and drop to 10th again.

Me likey Matty.
Our opening 6 weeks are easy on paper so its a must to win all of them considering we have no Europe to look at.
Yeah that's why I think you'll finish top 4 fairly easily. Easy draw to start the season, no Europe to worry about means less injuries/fatigue, and you actually have a manager this year.

I'd just like to see Newcastle make a cup run, in either the league cup or FA cup for once, it's the only hope we have on winning anything.

So it's underway already, interesting first day/night of EPL with Man U blowing it already and Arsenal getting off to a flyer.

Tonight we start with Liverpool then the big one (hehe), Newcastle vs Man City.

It should be fun, or chaotic.:cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well this is going well isn't it?

Newcastle on the bottom, fans at the ground being abused by club officials for having an opinion, and still no end to this chaos in sight.

It really couldn't be any worse.:(

Well this is going well isn't it?

Newcastle on the bottom, fans at the ground being abused by club officials for having an opinion, and still no end to this chaos in sight.

It really couldn't be any worse.:(

Absolutely, we are a complete joke. Ashley/Pardew combo is destroying us.

Couldn't beat Arsenal at home. Damn it!!

Rough weekend with the Broncos, Real and City all failing to win but at least Liverpool lost.

Btw, Chelsea are looking so good it's not funny.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back