Big Jono

Team Captain
Jul 21, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham. All Blacks. Storm.
The EPLs back and I don't see a thread for it, delete this if I have missed it.

I don't do season long bets (don't have the patience) but like Rooney for top goalscorer and smokey for the title is Arsenal unfortunately. Rooney should be back up front on his own this years and will score over 20 there in my opinion. If they sign Kane as is rumoured this might not be a goer. Arsenal have so much quality in midfield, if the Benzema signing comes off or any other top quality striker they will push hard.

I don't like to get too involved early on in the season as results are unpredictable but can't help myself to have a sneaky few bets this weekend. Those playing fantasy football will most likely notice my bets are greatly influenced by the conventional wisdom around the pre season FPL circles.

I have one unit on each of the below and one unit on them all combined in a multi
Rooney to score and Man U to win @ $2.88 (always scores against us and we will be tired after too many preseason games too late)
Mane to score and Saints to win @ $.6.00 (on fire in preseason and playing almost as 2nd striker next to Pelle)
Ritchie to score and Bournemouth to win @ $4.50 (carved up the Championship and will get forward a lot)
Deeney to score and Watford to win @ $9.50 (scored 20 goals in each of his last 3 seasons in the lower levels)
Stirling to score and City to win @ $4.50 (might play up front by himself with Agueor out, should have free licence anyway)
Walcott to score and Arsenal to win @ $2.30 (might be preferred to Giroud up front, should play as second striker almost even if not)
Henderson to score and Liverpool to win @ $8.50 (on penalties, taking the Gerrard role, will get forward form the double pivot)
Multi of all of the above @ $64988.89 (for shits and giggles)

So amped for the season to get underway. Good luck everyone!

Ladbrokes has Rooney to score and Man United to win at 3.25, which I'll be getting on.

Also like Southampton to win. Newcastle have been poor in their pre-season games while Southampton has won both of their Europa League qualifying games comfortably.

William Hill first round 4 leg multi special: if up to 2 legs fail, cash back (max refund $50)

Man Utd
Chelsea
Arsenal
Man City

$50 @ $4.98

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adding Megabet Manu to win both halves @ $5.25- 0.5U

City v Chelsea Draw @ $5- 1U

The $5.00 for City v Chelsea is actually for a score draw, hopefully you knew that though?

Going to multi Tottenham, Swansea, Arsenal and Liverpool currently paying $8.59 but will wait for my AFL multi to hopefully come in.

I have similar - I've gone for Southampton instead of Tottenham.

The $5.00 for City v Chelsea is actually for a score draw, hopefully you knew that though?

I have similar - I've gone for Southampton instead of Tottenham.
What's a score draw? How's that fm different to a normal draw?

Jose will be parking the bus if Costa is still out, wouldn't be surprised if it is 0-0 personally.

Leister/west ham under 2.5 goals @ $2
swansea h2h @ $1.91

both 1U

Also, not premier league, but couldn't be arsed looking for another soccer thread.

Multi:
zenit st petersburg -1
sassuolo Italia cup h2h
Standard Leige h2h

2U @ $6.22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back