English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

You considered following Man City due to their relationship with Melb City. Doesn't sound like Victory through and through to me!

They're affiliated with a Melbournne club, that's all!

Michael Palin made a series called 'Ripping Yarns' when the Monty Python team branched out on its own. It was brilliant but has never received the plaudits of 'Fawlty Towers'. It had the adventurer in South America in 'Frogs over the Andes', the Yorhsire bandit in 'The Ballad of Eric Oulthwaite' and the house with the curse in 'The Claw'. I cannot remember the name of the show which featured the long suffering football supporter of a once proud team but I remember part of his rant "Eight bloody nil and two were own goal". Look up the Sunderland score v Southampton:eek:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's in my Avatar under other teams. My brother-in-law is from Sunderland so I decided to follow his team. We're reasonable supporters but no time for the Scum...sorry Newcastle United.
The North-East rivalry between Newcastle and Sunderland is probably second only to Rangers and Celtic which is based on a religious divide.

There is less than 15 miles between the two cities and there is no bigger match for supporters than Newcastle v Sunderland.