English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Big win for Wigan vs the new boys.

QPR signed Joey Barton. :eek:

United vs Arsenal tonight. Should be a comfortable win for United but, in similar fashion to the Carlton v Essendon rivalry, you just can't write either team off.
Comfortable? They're currently leading 8-2. :eek:

3 teams have won 18 of the 19 titles since EPLs inception.

In the same time 11 different teams have won an AFL grand final.

One of the least exciting competitions in the world.
man u
chelsea
liverpool
arsenal

there is 4 already isn't there and didn't newcastle win it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why should he shake Evra's hand?

Because he's supposed to be an adult.

He racially abused someone, and the person he abused was willing to put it behind him for the sake of fair play and the game as a whole.

Suarez has been in the wrong from the beginning. And he's trying to make himself look like the victim, when it is clear that the exact opposite is the case.

Needs to get over himself, and quickly.

Why does Suarez think he's in a position to turn down Evra's handshake? He racially abused the guy and is now refusing to shake his hand? If anything, Evra had every right not to shake Suarez's hand but he manned up, put the past behind him and presented the opportunity to the bygones be bygones.

Good on De Gea and Ferdinand for sticking up for Evra, too.

In other news, Adebayor had a dream game this morning.

Because he's supposed to be an adult.

He racially abused someone, and the person he abused was willing to put it behind him for the sake of fair play and the game as a whole.

Suarez has been in the wrong from the beginning. And he's trying to make himself look like the victim, when it is clear that the exact opposite is the case.

Needs to get over himself, and quickly.

He needs to not give a **** what people think and win games for his club.

It's a billion dollar business, he doesn't need to give a s**t about Evra.

He needs to not give a **** what people think and win games for his club.

It's a billion dollar business, he doesn't need to give a s**t about Evra.

This post is an example of one thing that is wrong with society, and the world in general.

Why and how is money relevant? It shouldn't even come into the discussion.

Earning millions of dollars doesn't make someone exempt from being a decent human being. Nor does it give someone a free pass to become a racist pig.

How anyone can defend Suarez and his actions is absolutely beyond me. I simply cannot fathom how someone can leap to his defense.

If you honestly believe that the only thing that matters here is his performance on the field, then I'm afraid you're stuck in decades gone by where image and professionalism counted for little.

Suarez has no excuses. His actions have been sickening and show he's a pig and nothing more.

This post is an example of one thing that is wrong with society, and the world in general.

Earning millions of dollars doesn't make someone exempt from being a decent human being. Nor does it give someone a free pass to become a racist pig.

How anyone can defend Suarez and his actions is absolutely beyond me. I simply cannot fathom how someone can leap to his defense.

If you honestly believe that the only thing that matters here is his performance on the field, then I'm afraid you're stuck in decades gone by where image and professionalism counted for little.

Suarez has no excuses. His actions have been sickening and show he's a pig and nothing more.
This. :thumbsu:

a manager with balls would have benched him straight off and a decent club would have his bags packed before he got off the team bus

Because winning is more important that shaking someone's hand.

Don't moan about it. You support Man U, your club created this mentality in the English game.

Your club is repsonsible for turning English football into the boring, money driven shitfest it is now sadly.

Change clubs if you're so bothered with what's wrong with society and the world in general.

Suarez has a negro grandfather. Explain to me why an American with mixed blood can be called a nigg@ by another black African American and that is not racist?

Hypocrisy and double standards is all I see.

Funny how in Australia you can be Aboroginal with 1 drop of Aboringal blood in you, yet Suarez with 1/4 black in him is a white racist. ****ing hilarious.

Because he's a negro himself?

In the end it's all about the $$$.

This will blow over just as have many incidents involving your players and fans over the years that aren't any different.

He comes form a different culture, only a racist would impose their own cultural views onto another persons culture.

You imperialist you.

regardless of the why is he not also disrespecting the game itself by making a tradition of the game his stage? In cricket he would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. It is not exactly Brock Mclean refusing a handshake as the game is about to begin.

regardless of the why is he not also disrespecting the game itself by making a tradition of the game his stage? In cricket he would be charged with bringing the game into disrepute. It is not exactly Brock Mclean refusing a handshake as the game is about to begin.

I don't see it as any different to be honest.

Regardless what Suarez said, Evra insulted a female member of Suarez family which kicked it all off.

If someone called your mother/sister/wife a whore would you want to shake the pricks hand?

I think Brock was focused on the ball about to be bounced where as a line up in the middle of the pitch to shake everybody's hand is a different kettle of fish