English Premier League soccer ⚽

Remove this Banner Ad

Sunderland finally signed centre back Lamine Kone from Lorient. The talks broke down on two occasions but I think the sweetener has been found by sending Coates to Sporting Lisbon (proposed, not completed). Sunderland have bought in 4 players during this transfer window and sent 6 to other teams. The only permanent at another club is Pantelimon who was signed by Wigan. Kone is another centre back.

On the radar still.

Ayew from Swansea. Talk of Borini and money to make this happen.

Arsenal right back Debuchy is keen for playing time with the European Championships on the horizon. Sunderland keen to sign him for the rest of the season. Arsenal has told Debuchy it will approve a transfer for the rest of the season.

I noticed Newcastle signed Andros Townsend for £12 million. Also have £25 million for a top shelf striker. The new TV agreement is worth £5 billion to EPL clubs. No wonder everyone wants a piece of the proceeds.

AceAndy

The friendly result Sunderland 6 Newcastle 0. Seems a fair result. Watmore scored a hat trick. He looks a little uncoordinated when he runs but he takes defenders on by running at them. Hopefully a bright future.

AceAndy

The friendly result Sunderland 6 Newcastle 0. Seems a fair result. Watmore scored a hat trick. He looks a little uncoordinated when he runs but he takes defenders on by running at them. Hopefully a bright future.
WTF :cry:

Sunderland has signed Bordeaux playmaker Wahbi Khazri for £8.5 million. The Tunisian has played 52 games and netted 14 goals. At 24 he sounds a pretty exciting prospect as Sunderland needed another decent midfielder. Like Kone, he's ready to play. Next match Man City at SOL. They'll get a good test first game out for Sunderland.

Welcome to the greatest football club in the universe Pep !

Lol at United fans right now :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sunderland lost 1-0 to Man City. Joe Hart saved City in the end. Two great saves particularly Defoe's effort in the first half. The new signings showed plenty as well. Kone is a monster of a man and plays no nonsense defence. Kirchhoff played in front of the back four with a calm attitude that Sunderland has lacked all season. Khazri came on at half time. Played with plenty of energy and skill. His corners in the second half were a highlight. I'm looking forward to his free kicks around the penalty box. Sunderland now play Liverpool and Man United. Hopefully we can a result in both games.

I am shitting bricks that Foxtel won't even work. It kept spitting out a "This content is currently not available" message on Foxtel Play/Go during the second half of the A-League game, every few seconds. The game became unwatchable. It is doing the same on all Fox Sports stations, including ESPN. And looking at some of the screengrabs someone has posted on Foxtel's Facebook page it is even affecting home connections as well. A huge night of Premier League football and I am panicking that we won't even be able to watch it probably.

It has been this way for over 2 hours now.

Edit: It looks like whatever the problem was has been fixed.

Last edited: