English Premier League soccer ⚽

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland,Pelicans, LA Kings
Definitely a penalty but what the heck Man City can't buy everything.

I watched the double header last night.

Leicester play unsociable soccer and I think it puts opponents off balance. The early goal should have told Man City to lift its intensity but they failed to respond. I loved the second goal. Definitely the highlight of the match. The third goal was fortunate. Probably not a corner. Huth should have been free kicked as he clearly used his opponent as a step ladder. Leicester City will win the league. Most popular result since Blackburn Rovers did it all those years ago.

Sunderland travelled to Liverpool and played like donkeys for 80 minutes. Down two nil Sunderland paid the price for overdoing the away team tactics. I loved all the Liverpool fans walking out in protest against the rising cost of going to games. More supporter groups should do it. At 2-0 and 15 to go they probably thought they might miss a goal! A free kick from Johnson at 82 minutes pegged one back. He bent it around the wall which told me that the wall wasn't in the right place. Mignolet was beaten at his near post. A big no no at this level. The strike by Defoe at 89 minutes was an example of good work in tight spaces. Khazri tickled the ball through despite the close attention and Defoe scored the goal with defenders breathing down his neck. The addition of Kone, Kirchhoff and Khazri has definitely given the team a boost.

Man United at SOL next game. Get ready for the upset of the season!;)

Unbelievable result for Leicester on Saturday night. Just completely dominated City from the outset - still a long way to go but it is getting to the stage where I can't see them not doing the impossible.

Slightly disappointing from United this morning, conceding a late equalizer to draw 1-1 with Chelsea. Fair to say we completely dominated the first half hour but didn't capitalize on it. Lingard put us ahead after about an hour or so, but as we so often see, if you don't put teams away during periods of dominance, they so often find a way to make you pay.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
How do you mean unsociable? We sit back, absorb pressure and then counter. Not sure it's unsociable as such.

The third goal was fortunate in that it should have been a goal kick but the Huth jump wasn't a free kick. Not even the City defenders/keepers/supporters argued that one.
Defenders and midfielders don't mind kicking an ankle. It's alright by me. Huth put both hands on the shoulders of the defender to get extra lift. Free kick?

Sep 7, 2008
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Philadelphia Eagles
Defenders and midfielders don't mind kicking an ankle. It's alright by me. Huth put both hands on the shoulders of the defender to get extra lift. Free kick?
They got into the back of Aguero a bit on the weekend but it's the first time I've seen us do it all season.

There were definitely hands on the shoulder but I don't think he got much height from it. Can see what you're saying but they were unlikely to call for that.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Sunderland has sacked Adam Johnson after he changed his plea to guilty in relation to child sex charges. He accepted two as proven and will fight two charges of a serious nature. Could end up doing porridge.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Fantastic win by Sunderland against Man United 2-1. The team has definitely improved through the new signings. Khazri and Kone scored the goals. I'm loving the footwork and hassle of Khazri. Kone is a monster of a man and a solid defender but a shot on goal was tipped over by De Hea. The header was powerful and direct. The second half was dominated by Sunderland and the victory was well earned.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Norwich 24, Newcastle 24, Sunderland 23, Aston Villa 16. The relegation battle has 12 games to run (13 for Villa). Norwich drew, Sunderland won and Newcastle lost 5-1.:D

Sunderland play Norwich(home) and Newcastle(away) in the run home. Will be huge games.

Brutal to lose in that fashion. But we had earned the right to drop that game and remain first.

Got a fortnight off now and a great run coming up.

Yeah that's got to sting.
Have you pretty much played everyone at the top of the ladder twice now?

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
You've still got to play Sunderland.;)

I watched the game last night. I enjoyed the speed and skill on display. I stand by my comments from the previous week concerning some of the Leicester players. They play on the edge and last night Leicester probably should have finished with 9 on the pitch. Drinkwater should have received a second yellow. Ultimately the free kick given away in the last minute of the game didn't need to happen. It was a stupid challenge, totally unnecessary. It was good to see Welbeck return and score the winner. Sunderland gave him a home for a season.

Jun 6, 2007
Footscray
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
A trip to London to play West Ham. Sunderland are travelling well and I'm hopeful of a result tonight. Interesting that all the Sunderland supporters who attend the game will receive an away top gratis for their loyalty in following the Lads all over the countryside.