english summer of cricket(tv coverage)

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
The english summer which is always covered by foxsports starts tonight with a 20/20 game vs sri lanka but I noticed today on foxsports website and the tv guide that there is no mention of this game or any coverage of the upcoming one dayers and tests so i rang foxtel and according to the person i spoke too they have lost the rights to all the english cricket and nine have picked them up(no idea how accurate that info actually is of course).

Nine or their other stations don't appear to be covering the 20/20 and i have no idea whether they will show the one dayers or tests so we could be in a sutation where nobody in australia is showing the 7 tests matches from england this year. :(

is it a case of fox sports cracking the shits over not getting the big bash so them thinking stuff it, why should we promote cricket. I can see their point, they promoted the shield final and put it in television when none of the free to air channels would go near it, they were the original big bash broadcasters and took a risk with it. Its a shame, really enjoyed watching the test matches this time of year

Ugh thats a shame, especially considering Australia don't have any tours on. Was always nice to have the option of flicking over to watch what is generally good quality test cricket that is broadcast well.

Did they buy them at the same time as they purchased ashes rights?

Very disappointing if there are tests matches not on pay tv. Was part of my decision to purchase.

Found this from that deal made late last year

http://boxscorenews.com/ecb-secures...ustralian-channel-nine-for-and-p67699-257.htm

The deal includes exclusive rights in Australia to the iconic Investec Ashes Series and the Royal London One-Day Series and NatWest International T20 matches in 2015 and 2019. England’s other home international series are not included in the package, meaning the ECB can sell these rights to other Australian broadcasters.

For all i know the foxtel person i spoke to is full of s**t and they do still have the rights for the non ashes years in england and they are just refusing to show them, i can't find any info online that states ch nine purchased the non ashes english cricket rights.

I guess it's even possible nobody has bothered to buy the rights to the non ashes stuff, might have to email the ecb and see if they can let us know who if anybody has purchased the 2014 2016 ect rights.

According to their website foxsports aren't showing any international cricket from now until december.
http://www.foxsports.com.au/tvguide/sports-calendar

Last edited:
F#*$ &%&#&*#*&$#!!!!!!!!! I literally bought foxtel to watch cricket all year round. Now out of spite to channel 10 they don't show anything. Goodbye foxtel subscription.

F#*$ &%&#&*#*&$#!!!!!!!!! I literally bought foxtel to watch cricket all year round. Now out of spite to channel 10 they don't show anything. Goodbye foxtel subscription.

At the very least, call them up and have a dip at them, they might give you an upgrade.

Not that that will help this particular situation, which i agree, is shitful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wtf !!! I've had foxtel since like 5 years before it was even called foxtel and they always show the cricket from england. Couldn't believe it when I got home and turned on the tv just then

I've always defended foxtel when people said it was a rip off but tonight I'm feeling like a cheap used whore, it's the first time I've felt like they are ripping me off the *****

I think the reason is Fox Sports got the shits with the ECB . As mentioned above, ECB sold exclusive rights to the 2015 and 2019 Ashes to Channel 9 so naturally Fox Sports are angry as they've had great success covering the last 3 Ashes series in England.

yeah ,just start an account in twitter.
usually the best way to get in touch with people directly . Emails probably get looked at by one admin guy and if they dont know the answer I imagine they just dont reply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back