Enough is Enough

Remove this Banner Ad

Mid season coach sackings are never great for a club. Keep DH until year end unless things seriously unravel. Come September it's 50/50 on whether he stays depending on who's available and how the team performs for the rest of the season.

I think the main thing for Richmond is that they don't go down the path that they have the last few seasons of trading out picks for mature 'journeymen' players. Possibly something you lament already. Time to just forget that the Hampson trade ever happened and just invest in some strong youth going forward.

Think of it this way, your list is still in better shape than Carlton's.

It's not Dimma's job to get them fit. It's his job to fire them up. Which he obviously did tonight. Fitness is the main issue here. Mental and physical. That falls in Burge's lap. Sack the twat RFC.

The difference between us and Port in terms of talent is minimal. Dusty and Wingard, Cotchin and Boak, Deledio and Polec, Ellis and Ebert, Shulz and Jack etc. They're just so much god damn fitter than us. They work so much harder. That's the difference between us and top sides, always has been, hopefully won't alwyas be, as long as we sack this idiot Burge who quite apparently has no idea how to condition a football side. WTF. I just can't understand how bad we are. Fuming right now.
agree with you our talent is there, but as with most richmond sides, its always something with the mental side, either they panic or let the situation overwhelm them, the extra fitness also defitnely would help

I think the main thing for Richmond is that they don't go down the path that they have the last few seasons of trading out picks for mature 'journeymen' players. Possibly something you lament already. Time to just forget that the Hampson trade ever happened and just invest in some strong youth going forward.

Think of it this way, your list is still in better shape than Carlton's.

I was thinking this is a smart post and f.. me from a pies fan!

It's not Dimma's job to get them fit. It's his job to fire them up. Which he obviously did tonight. Fitness is the main issue here. Mental and physical. That falls in Burge's lap. Sack the twat RFC.

The difference between us and Port in terms of talent is minimal. Dusty and Wingard, Cotchin and Boak, Deledio and Polec, Ellis and Ebert, Shulz and Jack etc. They're just so much god damn fitter than us. They work so much harder. That's the difference between us and top sides, always has been, hopefully won't alwyas be, as long as we sack this idiot Burge who quite apparently has no idea how to condition a football side. WTF. I just can't understand how bad we are. Fuming right now.

Whar about Cornes, Wines ,Hartlett, Westhoff, Gray and co?

I hope so, because he is useless. I never see him on the phone barking out instructions. Never. s**t match day coach.

When do you see him? On 4 or 5 2 second shots on tv..... seriously dud statement. Our players are the ones playing s**t.... even once they had got on top, they weren't mentally or physically strong enough to keep it going.

Wow, people actually hoping for the RFC to continue down the same path of the last 32 years. It's this attitude from supporters and somewhat from players and boards who are responsible for the last 32 years. You can't fix something with knee-jerk reactions. Want to know how I know? The last 32 years. The only thing we haven't tried in that time - stability and hard work.

To keep following the same path is madness. Go through history since the last premiership. How many coaches? How many rebuilds? How many finals appearances? It doesn't work people..... it just doesn't work. The players (the senior ones) have learned that they are excused for poor performances because the coach gets the flick and they get a second/third chance.

Hard work, stability, make the players accountable. If they don't want to play for coach/jumper.... piss em off. Sick of the selfish attitude from our players (over 32 years). They are the only ones actually capable of turning this around. DH could do with more support and fresh ideas around him and the a different fitness regime might help but ultimately the players are the ones that have to do the work. If they don't or can't, the piss em off, every single one of them that isn't prepared to.

So to sum up for all of the knee-jerk fans out there. For 32 years we have sacked coaches and absolved players. This has resulted in 3 finals campaigns, 7 finals, 3 finals wins and 4 losses. It doesn't work. The only thing we haven't tried is hard work and the players being accountable.

Wow, people actually hoping for the RFC to continue down the same path of the last 32 years. It's this attitude from supporters and somewhat from players and boards who are responsible for the last 32 years. You can't fix something with knee-jerk reactions. Want to know how I know? The last 32 years. The only thing we haven't tried in that time - stability and hard work.

To keep following the same path is madness. Go through history since the last premiership. How many coaches? How many rebuilds? How many finals appearances? It doesn't work people..... it just doesn't work. The players (the senior ones) have learned that they are excused for poor performances because the coach gets the flick and they get a second/third chance.

Hard work, stability, make the players accountable. If they don't want to play for coach/jumper.... piss em off. Sick of the selfish attitude from our players (over 32 years). They are the only ones actually capable of turning this around. DH could do with more support and fresh ideas around him and the a different fitness regime might help but ultimately the players are the ones that have to do the work. If they don't or can't, the piss em off, every single one of them that isn't prepared to.

So to sum up for all of the knee-jerk fans out there. For 32 years we have sacked coaches and absolved players. This has resulted in 3 finals campaigns, 7 finals, 3 finals wins and 4 losses. It doesn't work. The only thing we haven't tried is hard work and the players being accountable.

Outstanding post. Agree 100%

I think so too and hopefully Hampson is at the same press conference resigning as well. Win win IMO
Give the Hammer a break, Rusty! Pot him after games he plays by all means, but even you can see that last night wasn't his fault, are you related to, BFF with or in someway connected to Andy Lee?;)

This is a fantastic post but unfortunately when you have a coach that overseas the recruitment of players like Hampson and Thomas , loses games at the selection table and has been caught short so many times on match day then we should just thank our lucky stars that we have a stable club . Having a stable club with the board and the supporters on the same page doesn't mean you can't change an under performing coach it gives you the ability to improve and hire another person who is a better performer.

If this keeps going on membership will decrease, attendances will decline and people will stop caring. Hardwick has been given more support or equal support to any coach in the AFL and he's still scratching his head as to why he's having to sub a tall off at halftime every game.

We are strong we are united and we are in a fantastic financial position to make a play at a coach that can take us to the next level. All these players aren't responding to Hardwick but we have the cattle to be a very well drilled hard top 8 team. Another 2 drafts of talented kids and free agency under a new coach and we are up to our necks in finals.

I personally don't trust Hardwick anymore to make the right list management decisions at years end on what will be the most important draft we face since it's conception.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is a fantastic post but unfortunately when you have a coach that overseas the recruitment of players like Hampson and Thomas , loses games at the selection table and has been caught short so many times on match day then we should just thank our lucky stars that we have a stable club . Having a stable club with the board and the supporters on the same page doesn't mean you can't change an under performing coach it gives you the ability to improve and hire another person who is a better performer.

If this keeps going on membership will decrease, attendances will decline and people will stop caring. Hardwick has been given more support or equal support to any coach in the AFL and he's still scratching his head as to why he's having to sub a tall off at halftime every game.

We are strong we are united and we are in a fantastic financial position to make a play at a coach that can take us to the next level. All these players aren't responding to Hardwick but we have the cattle to be a very well drilled hard top 8 team. Another 2 drafts of talented kids and free agency under a new coach and we are up to our necks in finals.

I personally don't trust Hardwick anymore to make the right list management decisions at years end on what will be the most important draft we face since it's conception.

Inception ?
Unless someone did shag to create the draft haha

Give the Hammer a break, Rusty! Pot him after games he plays by all means, but even you can see that last night wasn't his fault, are you related to, BFF with or in someway connected to Andy Lee?;)
You can't be serious , we are 3 and 8 , we just lost a game that we were in front by 35 points at half time because our coach went with the 3 tall forward line which was designed to accommodate Hampson resting in the forward line and was practised all pre season and our season is shot to pieces and you can't pot Hampson when he shouldn't even be on any AFL list . Please , I love your positivity TIA but I'm starting to think your an opposition troll like Peter Sassegum working the boards begging us to be crap for another 30 years.

Do you think Hampson should be re enstated next week?

Should Brendan Gale be getting off so lightly?
This happened under his watch.

Essentially he should be starting to feel some heat , they all should . They've called for us to support Hardwick and the club for 11 rounds so I'm sure they'll understand that mantra has a used by date , especially after the last 2 performances . Peggy should be feeling it too.

Bennys got and earned a lot of respect off the supporters so it's time to step up and make some tough calls.

The players s**t me.
Too many inconsistent soft utensils on the list.
The way some blokes played out of character in the first half and then reverted back to normal was damning and if I was Hardwick I'd punch them in the mouth.

The players s**t me.
Too many inconsistent soft utensils on the list.
The way some blokes played out of character in the first half and then reverted back to normal was damning and if I was Hardwick I'd punch them in the mouth.
The sad part about it Rodney is that it's exactly the same way we have played against Carlton for our last 5 games against them and Hardwick still can't arrest this problem.

Yes they are mentally weak but they are being led by someone who has cupped their balls for them at every medical , given them a hug when they've had a girlfriend break up with them on face book and not dropped them in the past when they showed this sort of behaviour on the field.

The club is a mess and last night was just like watching our final last year as far as I'm concerned . No different

You can't be serious , we are 3 and 8 , we just lost a game that we were in front by 35 points at half time because our coach went with the 3 tall forward line which was designed to accommodate Hampson resting in the forward line and was practised all pre season and our season is shot to pieces and you can't pot Hampson when he shouldn't even be on any AFL list . Please , I love your positivity TIA but I'm starting to think your an opposition troll like Peter Sassegum working the boards begging us to be crap for another 30 years.

Do you think Hampson should be re enstated next week?
Geez, overraction much! Just pointing out that Hampson didn't even play last night, rather gently I thought.
As for bolded bit, my thoughts have been spelled out in many different ways and in many different threads and I thought it would have been blindingly obvious that I'm as far from a troll as is possible, smart arse occassionally maybe, but often that's trying to take the sting out of these boards after a loss.
It's no secret that I feel Dimma is facing the crossroads of his coaching career, four years of progress followed by a pot hole, which is becoming a sink hole, but sacking him now would be a mistake IMO, that would just continue the cycle. He may or may not be up to it but I'm trusting the club to make a rational and measured decision when the time is right.
As for the way we set up with three talls? Well that worked just fine and dandy in the first half when we got six goals up, and it wouldn't have made any difference if we had 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 talls up there in the second half as we never got the *******ball up there, and when we did from midway through the third, Griffiths was off, so bringing up the Hammer as a reason for last night just makes you look obsessed.
I don't want us to be crap for another 30 seconds, but I've been around long enough to not get over excited by wins or over depressed by losses and I also recognise that, for better or worse, those at the club are far better placed to make informed decisions than you or me.
No, I don't think Hampson should be reinstated next week but, as always, the 22 players that get selected will have my full support for that week.
Also, if Dimma does, and I really don't think he will, gets sacked or resigns, then I will be dissapointed and saddened but will fully support the club's decision as, yet again, they are best placed to make it.
Till then, I will be hoping that Richmond win every game that they play in.

Geez, overraction much! Just pointing out that Hampson didn't even play last night, rather gently I thought.
As for bolded bit, my thoughts have been spelled out in many different ways and in many different threads and I thought it would have been blindingly obvious that I'm as far from a troll as is possible, smart arse occassionally maybe, but often that's trying to take the sting out of these boards after a loss.
It's no secret that I feel Dimma is facing the crossroads of his coaching career, four years of progress followed by a pot hole, which is becoming a sink hole, but sacking him now would be a mistake IMO, that would just continue the cycle. He may or may not be up to it but I'm trusting the club to make a rational and measured decision when the time is right.
As for the way we set up with three talls? Well that worked just fine and dandy in the first half when we got six goals up, and it wouldn't have made any difference if we had 1,2,3,4,5 or 6 talls up there in the second half as we never got the *******ball up there, and when we did from midway through the third, Griffiths was off, so bringing up the Hammer as a reason for last night just makes you look obsessed.
I don't want us to be crap for another 30 seconds, but I've been around long enough to not get over excited by wins or over depressed by losses and I also recognise that, for better or worse, those at the club are far better placed to make informed decisions than you or me.
No, I don't think Hampson should be reinstated next week but, as always, the 22 players that get selected will have my full support for that week.
Also, if Dimma does, and I really don't think he will, gets sacked or resigns, then I will be dissapointed and saddened but will fully support the club's decision as, yet again, they are best placed to make it.
Till then, I will be hoping that Richmond win every game that they play in.
Tldr

Remove this Banner Ad

Back