Roast Enter the Sunday twilight zone!

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems bizarre that there are only twilight and night games on this week.

The AFL seems hell bent on making twilight footy work, I don't think it will ever be all that popular, especially deep into Winter when you want to make use of every bit of sun you can.

Seems bizarre that there are only twilight and night games on this week.

The AFL seems hell bent on making twilight footy work, I don't think it will ever be all that popular, especially deep into Winter when you want to make use of every bit of sun you can.
I will never, ever go to a twilight game.
Would rather watch from the comfort of the couch with cheaper hot dogs & beer.

I will never, ever go to a twilight game.
Would rather watch from the comfort of the couch with cheaper hot dogs & beer.

Yeah, it's just not a good time all round, except of course for the TV stations who have far too much say in the matter. I can totally understand people not being bothered with it.

The thing is at this time of year it's not even a twilight game, it's dark after the second quarter anyway because the sun goes down just after 5. As I said, this is the period where you should be making use of the sunlight because nobody really wants to go out after dark. Middle of winter you should be doing everything you can for the football going public because the weather is constantly going to conspire against you.

Our fixture this year has been deplorable especially after the first bye which occurred in round 7. This has been our fixture for Victorian games so therefore this applies to the majority of members who are from Victoria. These are the Victorian games as set out

1). Round 10 2014 - West Coast (Saturday 4:40pm) - Home Game (MCG) - ATTENDED (Crap time but the fact it was on Saturday helped but I don't like the timeslot)
2). Round 11 2014 - St.Kilda (Friday 7:50pm) - Away Game (Etihad Stadium) - ATTENDED (Friday night timeslots are a good way to start the weekend)
3). Round 12 2014 - Melbourne (Monday 3:20pm) - Away Game (MCG) - STAYED HOME (Uni Exam on the next day)
4). Round 13 2014 - Western Bulldogs (Sunday 3:20pm) - Home Game (Etihad Stadium) - STAYED HOME (Uni Exam on the next day) - Also it's bizarre how this game was at Etihad despite the fact our current home ground is the MCG and on the same day Essendon played Melbourne at the MCG during the twilight timeslot and it was an Essendon home game yet their home ground is Etihad. Mind-boggling to say the least
5). Round 14 2014 - Hawthorn (Saturday 2:10pm) - Away Game (MCG) - ATTENDED (Fantastic time-slot. Absolutely love it)
6). Round 15 2014 - Carlton (Sunday 7:10pm) - Home Game (MCG) - STAYED HOME (Sunday Night Football is a disgrace and an insult to supporters. I didn't attend because I had things to do the next morning and partly to stick it up the AFL for selling out supporters for the TV dollar)
7). Round 17 2014 - Essendon (Sunday 3:20pm) - Away Game (MCG) - ATTENDED (Not a terrible timeslot but this game would have been better to start off at 2:10 instead of 3:20pm).

Will I attend the Adelaide and Port games? I'm still weighing it up but at the moment I'm leaning towards a no because I don't want the AFL to gain ammunition from a good crowd but at the same time I love watching the boys play and it feels like I haven't seen them very often this year in contrast to previous years so part of me would love to attend in that regard. I'll see how I feel when the weekend comes around but I'm sick of this year's crap fixture. Enough is enough with crap timeslots and caring more about the TV dollar than the average football supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back