Sports Epic sporting matches you missed..

Remove this Banner Ad

2006 Australia vs Japan in the World Cup...
Went to bed at half time upon dads insistence that my year 11 mid year English exam was more important so I should get a good nights sleep... Never gotten over this and I'm not even a huge soccer fan.

never been so pumped watching a game, last 10 minutes was amazing.

- Semi Final World Cup (Cricket): cant recall the year??? was v South Africa? I set my alarm for something like 3am to watch the last few hours of the match, but instead rolled over and went back to sleep. I woke up at 8am, to find out I missed the best ever end to a cricket match of all time. (well i think anyway, gough might have something to say about that...)

this is probably the one game i would choose to watch live if i could go back in time. i had work experience so had to sleep but remember waking up in the morning to watch the news to check the result, had the tv on mute so didn't know who won as they showed the highlights, they showed Gilly taking the stumps off in slow mo.

The way the whole country celebrated we will never experience again, they even showed a reply that night.

One that stands out is from Wimbledon 2012. Practically watched the entire two weeks apart from the last 4 sets of Rosol v Nadal. The one morning I had work in the morning so after the first set Rafa won I went to bed, a little surprised to see the result when I woke up.

Nadal vs Federer at Wimbledon.

Gilchrist's fastest 100. Was at the only NBL game I ever attended, and missed a great innings after sooking for ages that my favourite cricketer was in dreadful form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back