EPL Draft - Spots Filled - Discussion/Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's the team as a whole though. If we were judging attacks, you'd probably win. But the whole purpose of this was to build the best team, not the best attack.

Barkley is out of position too which doesn't help. And you're playing three CFs across your front three, two of which are playing wide.

Case in point, the FIFA team of the year, it had no ballwinner in midfield (think it was a three of Iniesta, Kroos & Di Maria). Yaya would destroy that midfield with no legs.
I'm confident my team would beat most if not all. Mate, Rooney and RVP both drift wide and cut in onto their preferred foot. Have you erased RVP from your memory?:D

On Barks, it's not perfect but i don't see the problem, he's not playing on the wing.

I largely went for best available over mediocrity. Yes, i didn't have a huge amount of quality cbs at the end to choose from so i webt fir athletes to reduce the impact of the gaps in defense. A Vlaar, Demi or Per would get torched.

1) Sozabarus 87.5

Ranking the sides that way probably gives the more even sides a better score than most people would imagine. For instance the top side probably doesn't stand out to many at all because it lacks the big names. But the way I see it, it has 1 of the top 3 FB's, 1 of the top 3 DMs, 1 of the top 5 AMs & tops that up with decent players all over the pitch. Would much rather that sort of side than a side with bog average defenders and 3 of the top 5 strikers in it

You're a great man jd, never forget that.

CBs ahead of Mangala in no particular order
1) Terry
2) Cahill
3) Kompany
4) Vertonghen
5) Fonte
6) Alderweireld
7) Reid
8) Koscielny
9) Per
10) Williams
11) Shawcross
12) Sahko
13) Skrtel
14) Jones
15) Vlaar
16) Demichellis

Don't even have him ahead of Zouma & Rojo tbh
Rojo was the starting cb for the runners up in Brazil, I can't quite tell how you rate guys like Jones and Vlaar higher :S

But thats the difficulty with this draft.

Do you take Ozil his despite his indifferent premier league form or based on what he can do? Falcao the same.

Wilshere? Toure? Gerrard? Mata? RVP?

All poor/average seasons but still rated highly.
Yeah I understand what you're saying ,and was only replying to jd's comment, the difference being I didnt talk Ozil up

... yet :D

Your minnow defenders would concede about 8. Giroud up top on his own? Hahaha. Daley would sit on Hazard all day and Ozil hasn't been sighted for 18 months. I'm sure Jedinak would be able to stop Eriksen and Barks whilst keeping up with the ox tho. I did like your Alex Song pick fwiw.
Chester goes alright for Wales against teams like Belgium, not to mention being asked to play right wing for Hull and doing a great job, incredibly versatile player. Reid is on the verge of a move to Arsenal, and Taylor is a highly rated left back.

Ozil would be played in the centre because I'm not a moron like Wenger. And if you think blind could do anything other than eat hazards dust you're having a laugh.

Chester goes alright for Wales against teams like Belgium, not to mention being asked to play right wing for Hull and doing a great job, incredibly versatile player. Reid is on the verge of a move to Arsenal, and Taylor is a highly rated left back.

Ozil would be played in the centre because I'm not a moron like Wenger. And if you think blind could do anything other than eat hazards dust you're having a laugh.
Yeah, your defense is no better than mine and there's no way they could handle Rooney, RVP & Costa.
Daley ran around with Eden in his back pocket in our 1-1 draw earlier this season.

You sure?

Just for people new to this thread and watching on. Anyone care to please explain the rules? Cheers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rojo was the starting cb for the runners up in Brazil, I can't quite tell how you rate guys like Jones and Vlaar higher :S
I've only seen him at the WC where he played LB and a handful of the 11 appearances at United this season. No doubt he'll end up better than most on that list but I'm not one to give guys a rating based on what EA Sports give them as a rating in a video game! And don't let no wannabe hipster tell you they've been watching him at Lisbon for years, it's purely because he is good on FIFA they 'know' how good he is

Had you coming in at 84. Can't say I've seen enough of Chester and not a big fan of Neil Taylor
You're just anti-welsh . Racist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back