Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool, Boston Celtics
Opens Today! http://www.premierleague.com/page/Home/0,,12306,00.html

Rule changes for 10/11

An Extra Wildcard

Okay, strap yourself in; this is the big rule change. We’re going to be handed a second wildcard in gameweek 23 to coincide with the Premier League transfer window. This wildcard will be given to us straight after the start of gameweek 22 and must be used before the gameweek 27 deadline; fail to use it and you lose it. The existing wildcard can still be played at any point in the season.
The FPL described the thinking behind this to us and it seems that last season’s big chill is one of the main factors behind it. The fixture pile-up which resulted in so many double gameweeks was seen as a major disruption for Fantasy Managers and their plans, this coming season the FPL want to safeguard against that by giving us a method of coping with a backlog of fixtures. In addition this change is seen as a device to tempt back Fantasy Managers who may feel they have lost their way by the turn of the year. A problem for many Fantasy games out there of course. A handy one for mini-league organisers looking to whip up some New Year enthusiasm.
Roll-over Transfers

So last season we saw the FPL grant us the ability to carry over one unused transfer to the following gameweek. That gave us the ability to have double transfers in a given gameweek but if we didn’t use them, we lost them. Well not now. Next season we can carry over a transfer and continue to roll it over gameweek after gameweek. We can never have more than two in a given gameweek but gone are the days when we feel forced to exploit two transfers when, in reality, we could have dealt with just the one.
Own Goal Points Deduction

Yep, we’re going to be losing two points for OG’s. A minor change that shouldn’t affect our thinking when it comes to player selection but one which will certainly hurt when we fall foul of Richard Dunne’s latest arse-cheek deflection. The FPL were quick to point out to us that own goals will be based on the stats they are provided with (which are fed live from the Press Association) and that these decisions would not be revisited as a result of dubious goal panel findings. We’re going to have fun with this then.
That’s about it for any rule tweaks. So yes, the clunky emergency captain system remains and of course, there’s still no transparency on the marvellously dubious Press Association bonus points. That will no doubt cause a stir for some – certainly we would have liked to have seen a vice captain system introduced. As for the bonus points, it means that Granville has got to have something to moan about on the podcast so I’m quite happy to see that system remain intact. I’m sure he is too.
The FPL also sent word that they’ve introduced Facebook and Twitter integration which allows you share up you league codes and points page on the popular life stalking systems. They’re also pushing their mobile site this season, stressing that m.fantasy.premierleague.com is the only official place to tinker whilst on the move.
There will be no mobility from us though. We’re not going anywhere now – not for a week at least. With the player list “doing its stretches” for Monday’s scheduled kick-off, we’re busy flexing our wishlists and statistics ready to welcome in the new season. Having spent the summer with a league of nations it’s almost time to get back to home turf and a league we all know and love. Happy days indeed.

Anyone got any bargains to consider for their 11?
Post your prelimary sides pls...

Here's my 1st crack at a team, not bad I think considering the defenders are overpriced this season. Got plenty of depth which I'm happy with

Schwarzer (Rachubka)
Jagielka, Upson, Sagna, Dawson (S Taylor)
Lampard, Arteta, A Young, Murphy, (Adam)
Van Persie, Jovanovic (Keane)

should we start a big footy league?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My first crack:

Gomes (Tott)

Boateng (Man C), Shawcross (Stoke), A Cole (Chels), Dawson (Tott)

Gerrard (Liv), Benayoun (Chels), Bale (Tott), Nani (Man U)

VP (Ars), Doyle (Wolves)

Bench:
Fulop (Sund)
Foley (Wolves)
Johnson (Man C)
C. Cole (WH)

joined as lamington bird men

Reina (Liv)

Evra (MU), Dawson (Tott), Upson (WHam), Cole (Che)

Modric (Tott), Ferguson (Bir), Fabregas (Ars), Arteta (Eve)

Van Persie (Ars) Jovanovic (Liv)

Bench:
Carson (WBrom)
STaylor (New)
Emerton (Bla)
Ameobi (New)

have not much idea on sides like blackpool or west brom. and little knowledge of cheaper players below 5.0. difficult not to put gerrard or torres in my team :(

Only Blackpool player you would buy is Charlie Adam, He will touch the ball more times than any other player in the league this season. Everything will be played through him I feel

For West Brom I think Graeme Dorrans and also Jonas Olsson as a goalscoring defender.

Can anyone find Mauro Boselli for Wigan? Think he will score a ton of goals being set up by Rodallega, NZogbia and Moses all year

--------------schwarzer--------------
-johnson--corluka--bosingwa--jagielka-
--fabregas--toure--essien--arteta-----
------------rvp-------bent------------

robinson, foley, behrami, mcfadden

with the rule changes this year i don't think subs will be as important as before.

Riveros from Sunderland is only 5.5 and was a very tidy player at the WC with Paraguay and can score goals, he may fill the hole left by Lorik Cana.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back