EPL Fantasy 2014/15

Remove this Banner Ad

Kicking myself I completely forgot about Sigurdsson. I had 7.5mil left with one midfielder to pick, opted for Herrera as Barkley got injured. Why??

All good, I'll be bringing him for next week. All players done for the week, 64 which is probably going to be around par I guess

Boys i could use your knowledgeable thoughts here, I'm playing in a 20 team league with 1 grand up for grabs and not feeling completely happy with my team, this is my current squad atm

GK: Krul
DEF: Lovren, Caulker, Kom pay
MID: Fabregas, Sterling, Coutinho, Eriksen
ATT: Jovetic, Rooney, Giroud

Bench: Myhill, Sigurdsson, Bruce, Wisdom.

So far I'm thinking of trading down Kompany for Jones or Clyne due to a good run they both have to start off, or Coutinho for Henderson who is a bargain considering the stats he got last year which left me a bit surprised.

Which leaves me to upgrade on a striker or a mid. What are your thoughts on these options?

A) Kompany - Jones/ Clyne, Coutinho - Henderson and upgrade Jovetic later on.

B) Kompany- Jones/ Clyde, Coutinho- Ramsey and keep Jovetic.

Any opinions will be appreciated.

My big scorers were Sterling, Ramsey, Sylfi, Rooney, Costa, Debuchy and my star man Chester.

So really not having Sterling and Chester is what buggered me this week. All good, Chester won't reproduce that any time soon, Sterling is the only one I'm wondering whether I should bring in.

My midfield except for Mata all scored big (Mata's gawn next week anyway), Sterling Ramsey Sigurdsson

Costa and Rooney (captain FFS) all scored so that was alright, Bony let me down though

Debuchy had a 5 but Lovren didn't do much, needs to sort out my defense since Cameron and Davies didn't play and that hurt (I went for Davies over Clyne the last min FFS)

Guzan gave me a clean sheet which helped

74 is not a bad start bug could've been better

Boys i could use your knowledgeable thoughts here, I'm playing in a 20 team league with 1 grand up for grabs and not feeling completely happy with my team, this is my current squad atm

GK: Krul
DEF: Lovren, Caulker, Kom pay
MID: Fabregas, Sterling, Coutinho, Eriksen
ATT: Jovetic, Rooney, Giroud

Bench: Myhill, Sigurdsson, Bruce, Wisdom.

So far I'm thinking of trading down Kompany for Jones or Clyne due to a good run they both have to start off, or Coutinho for Henderson who is a bargain considering the stats he got last year which left me a bit surprised.

Which leaves me to upgrade on a striker or a mid. What are your thoughts on these options?

A) Kompany - Jones/ Clyne, Coutinho - Henderson and upgrade Jovetic later on.

B) Kompany- Jones/ Clyde, Coutinho- Ramsey and keep Jovetic.

Any opinions will be appreciated.

When it comes to defenders, it's less about big names but knowing which teams are likely to be defensively solid and keep clean sheets while one of their regular starters have quite a low price. Although Terry will always get the odd goal which boosts his score

Better off pumping your money in midfield and upfront as you often get what you buy there.

I'd ditch Caulker in for Clyne, QPR probably aren't gonna be terribly solid at the back. Maybe trade up for Jovetic some time soon. I would pay the extra 0.5 for Sterling rather than Coutinho, too

And if you wanna upgrade to a 3rd top striker then ditch Eriksen or someone and get a Costa or Sturridge

Think it's a bit knee-jerk to get rid of Mata.. he'll be fine.

Sig for Ince was the only knee-jerk I let myself succumb to. Even though I still think Ince will be a great unique selection.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ended up with 53. Not good but not bad either. Overall i'm happy with that score. Top scorers being Vlaar with 8, Kompany with 10, Fabregas with 11.

Might trade out Barkley and bring in Sterling or Costa if his still a few weeks away.

Ended up with 53. Not good but not bad either. Overall i'm happy with that score. Top scorers being Vlaar with 8, Kompany with 10, Fabregas with 11.

Might trade out Barkley and bring in Sterling or Costa if his still a few weeks away.

58 will do me for opening week. Normally hit 80-something but ah well.

58 with Sig on the bench :(

I wouldn't be doing any transfers this week unless you have an injury or a player you have or a target is dropping or increasing strongly in value. Judging players off one game usually ends up in regret. I'd be waiting until the end of gameweek 2, have a look at how players have done with the knowledge you'll have the maximum 2 free transfers to fix any problems you have for gameweek 3.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back