Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
10k Posts I reneged on a bet or agreement :(
Aug 3, 2014
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
New England Patriots, Man City
Southampton are a damn good team, a real shot at champions league football next season :)

darth_timon

Hakuna Matata!
Oct 24, 2011
UK
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Stevenage
Great result for Southampton and it helps us out a bit too - though to be truthful a draw would have been better for us in some ways.

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton
It was when half of them played out of position.
Doesn't make a difference. Di Maria should not be shooting so poorly and struggling with his dribbling like he did. Rooney isn't a midfielder but I've seen him put in good stints there when he actually runs hard. Has been nothing short of lazy for weeks now.

Yeah, losing to Southampton is such a bad thing. Planning on buying more Southampton players are we?

Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Carlton

And suddenly everyone brings out this stupid, irrevelant stat again.

Remember when United started poorly this season? Much more successful since. Van Gaal's dealt with plenty more injuries and yet despite that the most successful period of the season so far came with the injury list at it's highest. Plus he's changing the entire club, in a much greater fashion than Moyes ever attempted.

May 5, 2006
AFL Club
West Coast
The United attack is very Man City of a few years ago unfortunately. A lot better on paper than in practice.

Rooney, RvP, Falcao, Di Maria, Mata is an embarrassment of riches, but invariably one or two of them end up on the bench and the team is lacking in other areas.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Yeah, losing to Southampton is such a bad thing. Planning on buying more Southampton players are we?
It is, anytime you lose at home is a bad thing. Particularly against a small club like Southampton. Also considering it was a big occasion in the battle for CL spots.

Also wouldnt mind buying more Southampton players. We bought two of the wrong ones. Should give them back Lovren and Lambert and take Clyne and Forster off their hands.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
You guys have shown that it's not just money, you still have to spend it smartly:D
True, but we unfortunately dont shop all the time from the 30 million, 40 million and 50 million aisles like you guys.

We can only really shop from the 20 million aisle. One or two purchases only and hope for the best. The rest comes from the 15 and under bargain bins.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo
True, but we unfortunately dont shop all the time from the 30 million, 40 million and 50 million aisles like you guys.

We can only really shop from the 20 million aisle. One or two purchases only and hope for the best. The rest comes from the 15 and under bargain bins.

Cech cost 7m, Azpi 8m, Luis 12m and Courtois for 6m.

We have plenty of bargains and smart buys as well as top shelf sales.

Sep 5, 2014
Hertford
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Manchester United, Stevenage FC
Was tough watching the game this morning. Thankfully, the Chelsea fans at work are pretty good guys and the Pool supporters are back in their box after 1 season of relevancy so i can fly under the radar.

IMO, the players need to take more responsibility. LVG has been protecting them all season in the media and I'd enjoy him making an example of someone, hopefully Evans:mad:.

I'm confident we'll be fine. Top4 doesn't look as assured as it did a few weeks ago. We were lucky to win at Soton so swings and roundabouts this morn.

Back