EPL Matchday 35 (Apr 19-22)

Remove this Banner Ad

This could have an impact on FFP for United. They're already down £30m on no champions league, any payout will be an additional expense. I know they have a few new sponsorships but £60m+ is a big bite, even out of a £400m+ budget. And they'll still have to pay the new manager.

Well looks like that 3-3 draw with Spurs is going to bite them hard.

If they lose against City then they'll only be 3 points clear of 17th

west ham on 4 points above them

Then Arsenal away

Sunderland 4 points behind them

and stoke 11 points above them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gees looking at the bottom four its going to go down to the wire.

Cardiff v Sunderland this weekend

Norwich have Liverpool (Loss) Man Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal as the their last fixtures. You have to feel sorry for them as one win to any of the bottom 3 would drop them into the relegation places.

Grats to Man City for all dem goals.

Lacklustre in the second half, but job done. Hope Silva is ok.

Palace next but might keep half an eye on the game just before it.

Come on Jose.

Has the title race taken years off you? Because it has off me!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

No. It did two years ago, but I'm a bit calmer about it after that. Think also we've never really had it in the bag so I've not really got to the point where I've though "we might actually win this".

That injury looks bad for Silva. Poor guy, I'm a massive fan of his.

Also, yet again I'm shocked to see how many empty seats there are at the Etihad. This title race isn't even close to being over, in the context of the season it's the 80th minute and they're only 1-0 down but you can't help but think a lot of the City fans may have already given up?

I wonder whether the difference is that clubs like Liverpool, United etc have that global appeal that they've built up over many years so there's always an extremely high demand for tickets regardless of the opponent or the context of the season? Not a slight against City as they generally still have very passionate local support (although the atmosphere has appeared to be lacking in recent months), but perhaps they're not quite at that level in their development as a club where they have millions of foreign fans desperate to come over and watch the team play like their rivals do.

It's funny but in all honesty the most passionate reds I've ever seen are Chinese, Thai, Indonesian etc; anyone who saw footage of our preseason tour will attest to that! They know all the songs, they're all decked out in red, it's quite incredible to watch and the 85,000 seat GBK stadium in Jakarta was absolutely rocking for 90 minutes when we played there in July.

I'm sure that sort of support will come to City in time as they will no doubt have a lot of success over the coming years, but perhaps that could be a reason why on several occasions this season I've seen so many empty seats at the Etihad?

The game was sold out, so no problems as far as I'm concerned.

Would have preferred if it wasnt sold out as we took the piss with prices for this game.

West Brom boycotted it and fair play to them for doing so.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Im sure City fans arent really worried about it. They know that with their money, they can win it every year. So it's a "oh well, we will win it next year" With Liverpool fans, it's been 24 years and this could be our one shot to break the drought. We dont have the $$ that Chelsea and City have to just hugely reload and try again next year.

Im sure City fans arent really worried about it. They know that with their money, they can win it every year. So it's a "oh well, we will win it next year" With Liverpool fans, it's been 24 years and this could be our one shot to break the drought. We dont have the $$ that Chelsea and City have to just hugely reload and try again next year.

It's a bit of that. Also a bit of

"I've seen us win a league"
"After 44 years"
"On goal difference with two goals in the last 5 minutes"
"Beating out your local rivals"
"Who led by 8 points with 6 games left"

No matter what we do from here, I'm not sure that any achievement will mean as much as that to a lot of blues.

I know that for general supporters it may be technically listed as a sell out, but there are many different ways to buy tickets for these games beyond just jumping on the club website.

There were a few thousand empty seats there tonight (and not for the first time this season), is it not possible that options like the Thomas Cook packages etc may not have been selling? It wouldn't surprise me if that was the case, it's just odd that City seems to be the only top club in the league to have consistently suffered from no shows/packages or seats not sold this season and there must be a reason for it beyond 'the ticket prices were too high', because every club's supporters have that problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back