EPL Matchday 35 (Apr 19-22)

Remove this Banner Ad

Enormous pat on the back to Tony Pulis for keeping Palace in the EPL for the first time in the club's history. Probably only spent the money we got for Zaha and in fact 10 of the 14 players who took the field at Upton Park finished last season in the Championship. Of that team only Puncheon, Jerome, Mariappa and Ledley played EPL / SPL last season and none of those are stars or household names. None of the 4 unused subs played EPL last season either and two of them were brought in from clubs who were playing L1 this season. We had 4 points from 10 games when he took over and whilst in charge we've taken 39 from 25 games. Have conceded less goals than the probable Champions so far.

Many despise TP but that is some achievement. You can argue about the Pulis style against pretty football but cut him some slack and acknowledge his effort. Going up and surviving without spending big must be good for football. We've even played some good football as the team has grown in confidence culminating in scoring 3 very good goals at Everton. Could any other manager have kept this squad up?

Challenge now is to survive season 2. We need to re-inforce no doubt. Doubt this squad can do it again.

But playing City and Liverpool will be fun in the run in and the fans will be in party mode, irrespective of the results.

Happy Palace supporter right now.

Tony Pulis has been simply superb, no doubt about it. The fact that he's managed to turn Palace around is simply incredible, started with arguably the worst squad in the Prem and and he's managed to guide them to safety from nowhere.

Enormous pat on the back to Tony Pulis for keeping Palace in the EPL for the first time in the club's history. Probably only spent the money we got for Zaha and in fact 10 of the 14 players who took the field at Upton Park finished last season in the Championship. Of that team only Puncheon, Jerome, Mariappa and Ledley played EPL / SPL last season and none of those are stars or household names. None of the 4 unused subs played EPL last season either and two of them were brought in from clubs who were playing L1 this season. We had 4 points from 10 games when he took over and whilst in charge we've taken 39 from 25 games. Have conceded less goals than the probable Champions so far.

Many despise TP but that is some achievement. You can argue about the Pulis style against pretty football but cut him some slack and acknowledge his effort. Going up and surviving without spending big must be good for football. We've even played some good football as the team has grown in confidence culminating in scoring 3 very good goals at Everton. Could any other manager have kept this squad up?

Challenge now is to survive season 2. We need to re-inforce no doubt. Doubt this squad can do it again.

But playing City and Liverpool will be fun in the run in and the fans will be in party mode, irrespective of the results.

Happy Palace supporter right now.
Another palace supporter :D:thumbsu:

Pulis deserves enormous respect for his achievements this season. I'm biased so I want to see Rodgers win manager of the year, but if he doesn't, Pulis should. Everyone assumed Palace were doomed but he's got them playing with resolve and steel.

It certainly has been an issue this season. And been discussed in the local press recently with particular regard to City games.

People are asking for reasons why there are no shows, should I not mention some obvious ones?

Was not a dig, just an observation. Are we talking privatised transport? Seems odd that they would be causing so much drama on a regular basis...

Milang_Panthers Dogs till i die

Any news on whether Selhurst is going to be redeveloped still?

I heard a day or two back they were looking at it for earlier this year.

Was not a dig, just an observation. Are we talking privatised transport? Seems odd that they would be causing so much drama on a regular basis...

I wouldn't say they are a cause of anything but it does make it difficult on occasion.

This season as part of the season ticket you can buy a Metrolink Season ticket (£70) giving you free travel on match days. I have one, as do a lot of season ticket holders. But there have been 4 or 5 times this season where the tram system has been shut down on game day. You can either take a replacement bus which adds another hour to your trip into town, or look at alternative transport.

Been discussed a lot in the press, particularly why maintenance seems to be being scheduled on City game days, but not United (understandable as they potentially have an extra 30k passengers). I believe my line is closed down for our remaining two home games which is a real pain in the arse. Particularly the Villa one which I won't be able to make in time if the trams aren't running.

As for people outside Manchester, I just don't think its possible to use trains to get to Manchester, watch a night game and get home that day. Especially on bank holidays where they run restricted services.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

my biggest problem with pulis is that he had the resources given to him at stoke and he still chose to go down the peter crouch/glenn whelan type route. phenomenal work at palace when they were all but dead and buried though under that joker holloway.

Milang_Panthers Dogs till i die

Any news on whether Selhurst is going to be redeveloped still?

I heard a day or two back they were looking at it for earlier this year.
They're looking at it atm but it's going to be a stand by stand thing. This off season the whole pitch is being ripped up to install under soil heating but whatever they do I hope it's not a sole less bowl, we want to keep that selhurst atmosphere.

They're looking at it atm but it's going to be a stand by stand thing. This off season the whole pitch is being ripped up to install under soil heating but whatever they do I hope it's not a sole less bowl, we want to keep that selhurst atmosphere.

Definitely best ground for atmosphere I've been to. Spectacular set of fans.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back