EPL Matchweek 17 Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

putting in some very impressive performances in some big games (Real Madrid, United away, the must win clash vs Basel).

Very impressive? Come on, he only played 15 minutes or so against Basel for a start.

Very impressive? Come on, he only played 15 minutes or so against Basel for a start.

In the 15 minutes or so that he was on the ground before picking up that daft red card he completed more take ons than anyone else on the pitch managed in the full 90 and swung the momentum of the game in our favour. Not a stretch at all to say that he looked very impressive, I think all Liverpool fans will be hoping to see a lot more of him in the coming weeks.

Why the **** does Danny Mills still get a run? He constantly berates any big team. Criticised Mangala for "diving" in when it's not what he did at all, he went shoulder to shoulder with a bloke.

The guy is a ******* moron. Turned it off because of him.
Can rarely recall someone talking so much s**t for 90 minutes. They may as well have dragged someone in off the street.

His crowning moment came at the end. After blowing smoke up Palace's backside for the first 45 and claiming them the better side who had created the better chances (all on the counter), by the end of the match it was Palace who "hadn't created any real goal scoring opportunities". Other than I suppose the one they actually did score, but was wrongly ruled offside.

On Mangala, I've been quietly very impressed with him. I could see him being a mainstay.

He's a ******* moron. I rolled my eyes as soon as I heard him calling the game and changed the channel. Watched the last five minutes of the first half but boy was it painful.

The guy is absolutely clueless and has no idea what he's going on about.

Mangala is very fast I noticed, whoever he chased down last week to block a shot demonstrated his pace.

LVG is not the right manager for ManU, can't see him being there next season, just the most overrated manager in the world.

Wouldnt mind seeing Ancelotti have a crack with them next season.

The game was sold out.

And there are 7k that have paid a deposit on a season ticket next year.

So nothing for you to worry about. Even if the extra seats remain empty, who cares?

As for the cheapest seats, we have a few hundred of those. Most have gone up in price significantly over the past few years (thanks FFP). And the price we charge for single matches is a disgrace IMO.

The same people that criticize Arsenal for having empty seats at games despite having 45,000 season ticket holders + another 15,000 on the waiting list

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got the Arsenal / Chelsea double coming up, to be honest, if we get 1 point of our 6, I'd potentially take that. Arsenal have always been a bogey side for us, for whatever reason, we're kind of like the Anti-Stoke when it comes to them....

That's very negative of you dude. I'm expecting 6 points and real run at the title over the next 3/4 months.

2015 is the year of the Hammers. Believe it!!!:)

The same people that criticize Arsenal for having empty seats at games despite having 45,000 season ticket holders + another 15,000 on the waiting list
If people aren't coming and making noise, more seats won't fix the issue.

Obviously, once people have paid for an ST the monetary issue goes away - but it doesn't look good when those people don't bother showing up.

In the 15 minutes or so that he was on the ground before picking up that daft red card he completed more take ons than anyone else on the pitch managed in the full 90 and swung the momentum of the game in our favour. Not a stretch at all to say that he looked very impressive, I think all Liverpool fans will be hoping to see a lot more of him in the coming weeks.
We'll agree to disagree on the definition of "very impressive" when it comes to the Basel game.

Against United he was only on 25 minutes or so, and touched the ball 12 times. He did make a good pass to Sterling from memory, but "very impressive"?

Last edited:
Tough set of games coming up for Chelsea. 4 games in 11 days, three of them away against decent opponents (Stoke, Southampton, Spurs). Home game not the easiest either (West Ham).

They don't rotate much but might have to over Xmas.

Anyone that can get through Xmas/new year without dropping points will be doing well. If Chelsea can it sets them up very nicely.

Tough set of games coming up for Chelsea. 4 games in 11 days, three of them away against decent opponents (Stoke, Southampton, Spurs). Home game not the easiest either (West Ham).

They don't rotate much but might have to over Xmas.

Anyone that can get through Xmas/new year without dropping points will be doing well. If Chelsea can it sets them up very nicely.

Spurs decent?

lol

It's absurd.

Apparently the situation is not covered in the FA regulations and because it is a condition of the loan agreement that Cleverley can't play against his parent club, the FA didn't want to intervene.

We'll agree to disagree on the definition of "very impressive" when it comes to the Basel game.

Against United he was only on 25 minutes or so, and touched the ball 12 times. He did make a good pass to Sterling from memory, but "very impressive"?

He created 2 clear cut chances in 25 minutes. That's pretty good going in anyone's books IMO. Through ball to Balotelli was delicious. He has looked very impressive the last couple of weeks and has potential to be a top class player down the track. One of the best youngsters around currently IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back