Remove this Banner Ad

medusala

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 14, 2004
Loftus Road
AFL Club
Hawthorn

The maker of the drones is general atomics.

The owner of general atomics is Neil blue. The character mr burns from the Simpson is inspired from Neil.

General atomics owns Heathgate which owns uranium mines in Australia such as 4 mile in SA.

Weapons manufacturers have no place in the mining industry let alone uranium.

Weapons manufacturers have no place in the mining industry let alone uranium.

I agree with your sentiment but Australia would end up supplying the bastards anyway, no matter HOW MANY 'middle men' we sold the uranium through. Would we insist on strict 'end user' agreements that the uranium must only be used a fuel in power plants for generating electricity and nuclear medicines?

Not bloody likely!

I agree with your sentiment but Australia would end up supplying the bastards anyway, no matter HOW MANY 'middle men' we sold the uranium through. Would we insist on strict 'end user' agreements that the uranium must only be used a fuel in power plants for generating electricity and nuclear medicines?

Not bloody likely!

we do have end user agreements which only allows uranium to be used for peaceful purposes.

I just feel weapons manufacturers give mining and uranium a bad name.

we do have end user agreements which only allows uranium to be used for peaceful purposes.

I just feel weapons manufacturers give mining and uranium a bad name.

Fair enough on the first point.

http://www.world-nuclear.org/info/Country-Profiles/Countries-A-F/Australia/

...Australia's uranium is sold strictly for electrical power generation only, and safeguards are in place to ensure this. Australia is a party to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) as a non-nuclear weapons state.

Its safeguards agreement under the NPT came into force in 1974 and it was the first country in the world to bring into force the Additional Protocol in relation to this - in 1997. In addition to these international arrangements Australia requires customer countries to have entered a bilateral safeguards treaty which is more rigorous than NPT arrangements..

On the second, I agree 100% that weapons manufacturers have no place in mining. There should be IAEA/NPT clauses and stipulations with regards to this, but money talks I guess...

Until the bastards sitting on the secret to cold fusion give it up to the world the game will stay as it is, I'm afraid.

I think cold fusion is a world away for now. but fast breeder reactors that have the capability of burning both U235 and U238 is less than 20 years away.

This will provide almost endless clean fuel and be 130 times more efficient than current reactors and produce less waste.

To enable this technology to become a reality we need more 3rd and 4th generation reactors to produce the fuel required (or waste) to run the new reactors as they use nuclear waste.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Extraordinary rendition is so yesterday.

Change you can believe in.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-05-22/eric-holder-admits-first-americans-killed-drone-strikes

One day before President Obama is due to deliver a major speech on national security, his administration on Wednesday formally acknowledged that the United States had killed four American citizens in drone strikes in Yemen and Pakistan

I recommend viewing Dirty Wars. A movie length documentary about Jeremy Scahill's investigation into drone strikes and targeted kills in countries such Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan, where there is no declared war. He talks to the father of a hit-listed American citizen before and after his assassination. He questions the expanding role and accountability of US secret operations groups. It is clear that the scale of secret operations has increased considerably under President Obama.

One thing that struck me is that the US seems to create its own enemies. It invaded Iraq on spurious grounds, it launches drone strikes that kill civilians in non-war zones, it sponsors war lords that perpetuate civil war. America having enemies maintains the huge US 'defence' spending, which keeps a lot of people rich.

I recommend viewing Dirty Wars. A movie length documentary about Jeremy Scahill's investigation into drone strikes and targeted kills in countries such Yemen, Somalia and Pakistan, where there is no declared war. He talks to the father of a hit-listed American citizen before and after his assassination. He questions the expanding role and accountability of US secret operations groups. It is clear that the scale of secret operations has increased considerably under President Obama.

One thing that struck me is that the US seems to create its own enemies. It invaded Iraq on spurious grounds, it launches drone strikes that kill civilians in non-war zones, it sponsors war lords that perpetuate civil war. America having enemies maintains the huge US 'defence' spending, which keeps a lot of people rich.

It is interesting how certain things get a life of themselves like the green industry, religion industry, the tobacco and alcohol industry union industry and the war industry. They become so powerful that the negatives begin to out way the positives.

In the US's case, it seems they will pay a deep price for winning the cold war.

nothing in it that he has not covered for Democracy Now. < evo eyes roll retort about lefties and hipsters, usually a confluence> which i would not disagree with. but still get my media from those sources, which could be just confirmation bias. Cos i dont need to be told this s**t to "know". yes, inverted commas, for the caveat or inference.

ask MaddAdam but Stanley McChystal had a formula for the "we are killing alot of <innocent> people". For every one civilian victim, SM estimated that 10 militants and potential terrorists were created.

Which is quite the conundrum, as SM was the chief of JSOC.

Also, Chalmers Johnson had the seminal thesis blowback. Which, if the 9-11 Commission wanted a transparent apolitical inquiry, they would have found that funding Afghan mujahids v USSR, funding Israel, and leaving forces in Saudi Arabia post Gulf War mkI, were the reasons behind the Bin Laden attacks. <not an apologia>

the Seppos are trying to ringfence the Sinos in Africa and limit their orbit of influence.

China has been pretty successful making inroads in Africa and creating partners for resources and supply channels for their economy.

It is no coincidence, the AFRICOM hq is a recent construction in the Pentagon. <nb, obviously not geographically in DC>

the Seppos are trying to ringfence the Sinos in Africa and limit their orbit of influence.

China has been pretty successful making inroads in Africa and creating partners for resources and supply channels for their economy.

It is no coincidence, the AFRICOM hq is a recent construction in the Pentagon. <nb, obviously not geographically in DC>

It is ALL about ensuring China stays at workshop of the world level, and can't challenge US hegemony.

I think you can consider africa as gone for westerners. you can see the shift in focus to sth america and south east asia in terms of money flow.

I think you can consider africa as gone for westerners. you can see the shift in focus to sth america and south east asia in terms of money flow.

but not Bond. Has he not taken about 3 bill in the last 5 years? Outranks Tinkler by a few fold of NewCastles Knights and Magic Millions. But his lost Di Bliss along the way, rIp di

but not Bond. Has he not taken about 3 bill in the last 5 years? Outranks Tinkler by a few fold of NewCastles Knights and Magic Millions. But his lost Di Bliss along the way, rIp di

not Bond?

He is bust and has some serious issues.

It is ALL about ensuring China stays at workshop of the world level, and can't challenge US hegemony.
The Chinese are already beginning the transition to a post industrial economy. The manufacturing base is slowly shifting off shore to SE Asia.

This suits the East Asian manufacturing giants, especially the Japanese, because the price of labor is more competitive, Japanese businesses have become very wary of political unpredictability on the mainland and the great unintentional IP transfer has really started to hurt.

The Sino's are slowly undergoing tenuous economic liberalization to help facilitate this shift. Relaxing of currency controls and market deregulation, or more accurately, the easing of direct party oversight of different sectors such as construction and telecommunications.

The real problem for China then is can it balance growth in other sectors against real wage increases, because the gaps between regional China and the developed centres are becoming unmanageable. Violent conflict unmanageable.

The Chinese are already beginning the transition to a post industrial economy. The manufacturing base is slowly shifting off shore to SE Asia.

This suits the East Asian manufacturing giants, especially the Japanese, because the price of labor is more competitive, Japanese businesses have become very wary of political unpredictability on the mainland and the great unintentional IP transfer has really started to hurt.

The Sino's are slowly undergoing tenuous economic liberalization to help facilitate this shift. Relaxing of currency controls and market deregulation, or more accurately, the easing of direct party oversight of different sectors such as construction and telecommunications.

The real problem for China then is can it balance growth in other sectors against real wage increases, because the gaps between regional China and the developed centres are becoming unmanageable. Violent conflict unmanageable.

The US distracts its people from internal issues by starting a war. I wonder what China's solution will be?

Some say China won't start wars but I feel the 2020s and beyond will be very testing times for China and the world.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back