Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
May 14, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Jeff Probst
Eastern Star Gas (ESG) is an ASX listed company focused on the development of Coal Seam Gas (CSG) in Northern NSW for the NSW and potentially Eastern Australian and international LNG markets. The company booked its first independently certified CSG reserves in late 2007 and has entered into key Memorandums of Understanding to supply gas for use in NSW based electricity generation.
ESG’s present, primary focus is on the CSG resource of the Gunnedah Basin in NSW. ESG holds a 65% interest in the Narrabri Coal Seam Gas Project, located in PEL 238 adjacent to the township of Narrabri.
As Operator of PEL238 ESG is conducting a 20 well corehole exploration and appraisal programme during 2008/09. In addition, 4 multi-lateral production pilot wells will be completed at Bibblewindi and Dewhurst. This programme is expected to generate additional reserves to underwrite gas sales agreements and provide gas to the Wilga Park Power Station which is undergoing expansion to take production pilot gas.

Showed some strength today and has stayed fairly stable considering the cap raising. Added to the ASX200 as of tomorrow which will hopefully make it a bit more visible.

What you reckon would be fair offer price(per share)?

Well there was a broker report with a valuation of $1 however this is based on current reserves. If we reach our target of 1300pj I think an ABN AMRO broker suggest a price $2+. However if I would think it will take a bid of close to $5. This is getting interesting though if it was STO trying to takeover they could always offer their shares. There are now rumours of takeover of STO . Watch this space CSG sector is on absolute fire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What you reckon would be fair offer price(per share)?
Did a fair bit of work on this over on the aussie stock forums.

Fair value based on future contracts for mine are between 2-3 dollars, excluding dilution and future discoveries.

Based on offers for other CSG producers I reckon you'd need $5+.

Very happy long term holder here...

Chops, good opportunity to load up on some more with the SP falling a bit lately, also encouraging signs of water flow.

Congrats to all ESG holders with Santos buying 20% of ESG and 35% of their project. Will fly tomorrow.

Have Hillgrove (HGO) which is riding on the back off the sale of their interest in ESG - up 47% today which is kinda nice and resulted in a personal increase of 28% for my small holdings - I bought relatively high at 0.195. Very tempted to cash in....

Bump, anyone still on board?

Still holding, initial parcel was @0.45average holding @0.71, am liking that the whole sector has been given some life due to Arrow bid, (even though I believe that was a low ball bid) be interesting to see if another bidder comes forward.

Rumours re Woodside and Santos, refuted this week, but I can still see further consolidation of the smaller players, and even some middle ones. Will be interesting to see how the sector unfolds.

Ramblings are my own thoughts, please don't take this as gospel and DYOR

Cheers

Still holding, initial parcel was @0.45average holding @0.71, am liking that the whole sector has been given some life due to Arrow bid, (even though I believe that was a low ball bid) be interesting to see if another bidder comes forward.

Rumours re Woodside and Santos, refuted this week, but I can still see further consolidation of the smaller players, and even some middle ones. Will be interesting to see how the sector unfolds.

Ramblings are my own thoughts, please don't take this as gospel and DYOR

Cheers

I have bought at 64.5, 73,86 $1, $1.03. STO will have a go at us within the next 3 months imo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back