FTA-TV ESPN's 30 for 30 doco's

Remove this Banner Ad

if you guys haven't checked it out

Americas Game is a brilliant series

basically every year the team who wins the super bowl series gets a doco made about the year that they had

don't really have to be into the NFL to like them either

I absolutely love these

Do you know where they could be found to watch online?

The Manning doco was also unbelievable. What a perfect example of extraordinary people living a normal and professional life

Archie Manning is one incredible human

No Mas last night was very good. :thumbsu: Shows how good boxing was when there were only 2 boxing organisations and only 11 divisions so you had probably 15 world champs at any one time as it was rare that all 11 divisions had dual title holders. Now you have about 40-50 "world champions."

Also showed how money in boxing corrupts. Duran wasn't ready for a rematch and Leonard, although had to retire a couple of years later because had a detached retina, but he didn't give Duran a rematch that easily, compared to what he wanted from Duran, and the $$$ offered meant their rematch was only 5 months in 1980.

Duran was born in 1951 and Leonard was born in 1956. Duran had a professional record of 71-1 before the bout in Montreal - bloody incredible and yes he started at 17 and never had an amateur career like Leonard who went to the 1976 Olympics, but still amazing.

He full record is at the link below. It was 71-1 before Montreal and was 85-8 after his 3rd bout against Leonard in Vegas in 1989. So in those 7 new losses 2 were to Leonard, 1 to Marvelous Marvin Hagler and 1 to Tommy The Hitman Hearns.

He boxed until 2001 when he was 50 and finished with a record of 103-16. See full record at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roberto_Durán#Career_record

Sugar Ray was 27-0 before the Montreal loss to Duran. When he first retired in March 1982 his record was 32-1. He made a return in 1984 to beat Kevin Howard and then retired. In 1987 he came back again beat Marvin Hagler, a Canadian boxer and had a draw with Tommy Hearns and then beat Duran in 1989 in their 3rd fight to have a 36-1-1 record.

For some reason he came out of retirement in 1991 and lost to Terry Norris and the one more comeback, maybe for the money in 1997 to get knocked out by hector Camacho. See full record at

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sugar_Ray_Leonard#Professional_boxing_record

The 30 for 30 on John Spano called "Big Shot" is probably worth watching whenever it airs

Long story short: Texan guy tricks an ice hockey team into thinking hes a millionaire, and they sign the team over to him for a little while until they realise he isnt

In Oz next Tuesday 12th 9pm EST / 8.30pm CST / 6pm WST. The IQ is set.

Forgot to say in my No Mas post, it was great to see but more hear the dulcet tones of Howard Cosell again. Cosell was a great USA sports broadcaster whose broadcasting of football before and after ABC started Monday night football, boxing, and general sports analysis is legendary in the USA.

Actually a 30 for 30 type doco on Cosell would be great to watch.

Big Shot is hilarious

definitely worth a look
More than worth a look, one of the best I've seen. I've watched it 3 times in 2 weeks now. And I'm not even into NHL. I can't help but feel conflicted for the guy, he's clearly a fraud and a criminal, and destroyed the hopes of so many fans, but you feel a certain empathy for him while watching it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The latest ep, Bernie & Ernie, aired yesterday in the US so should be out soon.

"The friendship of Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld is explored, as well as their time together playing college basketball at Tennessee when the team was known as the "Ernie and Bernie Show".

Never heard of them.

The latest ep, Bernie & Ernie, aired yesterday in the US so should be out soon.

"The friendship of Bernard King and Ernie Grunfeld is explored, as well as their time together playing college basketball at Tennessee when the team was known as the "Ernie and Bernie Show".

Never heard of them.

Bernard King was one of the first NBA players to come back after a torn ACL. Became an All Star again as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back