Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombers36

Premiership Player
Jul 15, 2008
Keilor East
AFL Club
Essendon
Hope I'm not upsetting anyone posting this thread but interested in peoples thoughts on this upcoming game. Hird said there will be changes - hopefully he's true to his word and there are a few. I'd have ;-

OUT: J.Merrett O'Brien Ambrose Browne Steinberg
IN: Chapman Dempsey McKernan Hocking Hurley

Gwilt Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Hooker Gleeson
Goddard Heppell Melksham
Zakka Daniher Laverde
Dempsey Carlisle Langford

Giles Stanton Z.Merrett

INT: Cooney Hocking McKernan
SUB: Chapman

Hope I'm not upsetting anyone posting this thread but interested in peoples thoughts on this upcoming game. Hird said there will be changes - hopefully he's true to his word and there are a few. I'd have ;-

OUT: J.Merrett O'Brien Ambrose Browne Steinberg
IN: Chapman Dempsey McKernan Hocking Hurley

Gwilt Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Hooker Gleeson
Goddard Heppell Melksham
Zakka Daniher Laverde
Dempsey Carlisle Langford

Giles Stanton Z.Merrett

INT: Cooney Hocking McKernan
SUB: Chapman
Capture.JPG

I'll be going to this game thanks to JM71 !!!!

Let's compile a list of sledges you guys want me to yell.

If we can keep this under 10 goals it will be a miracle and great performance.

They are a young and fast side.... and they are also tougher. Only thing in our favour is they are coming back from WA and are a young side late in the season so may knock them down a bit... but it hasn't stopped other sides coming back from WA playing us though.

For me:

OUT: Ambrose Melksham Steinberg Zaharakis
IN: McKernan* Hocking Hurley Edwards

Gwilt Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Hooker Gleeson
Goddard Heppell J Merrett
Dempsey Daniher Laverde
McKernan Carlisle Edwards

Giles Stanton Z.Merrett

INT: Cooney Hocking Browne
SUB: Langford

*someone mentioned McKernan might've done his shoulder in the reserves, is there any truth to that and does it look like it'll keep him out?

At their players, or are you going to go full Carlton and sledge the crap out of our guys?

When we play really badly, I actually pretend that I'm a bit special and just ignore it and carry on like we are the best team ever.

Also will Myers play?

When we play really badly, I actually pretend that I'm a bit special and just ignore it and carry on like we are the best team ever.

In that case I suggest you make a point of telling Treloar that orange is a s**t colour and if he wants to win flags, come to Essendon as we have 16 of them.

"Penrith is a s**t hole"

For me:

OUT: Ambrose Melksham Steinberg Zaharakis
IN: McKernan* Hocking Hurley Edwards

Gwilt Hurley Baguley
Hibberd Hooker Gleeson
Goddard Heppell J Merrett
Dempsey Daniher Laverde
McKernan Carlisle Edwards

Giles Stanton Z.Merrett

INT: Cooney Hocking Browne
SUB: Langford

*someone mentioned McKernan might've done his shoulder in the reserves, is there any truth to that and does it look like it'll keep him out?
That would be my changes as well I'd say presuming
Hocking is ready

Fun fact of the week: We are one of only a handful of teams (maybe even the only one?) who has NEVER lost to GWS.

Another lowlight of the year to tick off. McKernan has to play based on his form in the reserves. But tbh, there is no chance we will get within 7 goals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In: McKernan* Hocking** Hurley Edwards Dempsey
Out Ambrose Browne Steinberg Zaharakis Melksham

*Pending injury update
**If not quite match fit yet then play Howlett.

It would be great if we could keep our unbroken record against the expansion teams. :thumbsu: I think we can do it, but the effort and intensity needs to vastly change.

Oh well the only thing that gives us a slight chance is that they are coming back from perth and we had the week off.
Did lol.

I guess that's all we can do, is laugh.

Oh well the only thing that gives us a slight chance is that they are coming back from perth and we had the week off.
Hird last week

main-qimg-9e31e906a4219a1936054e9a0eb72a05

Will be my little blokes first ever game (he's 3).

Hoping we're within 5 goals at halftime, at which stage i think his attention span may well start to droop which provides the perfect opportunity to miss the 15 extra goals that get piled on in the 3rd qtr.

He'll be stoked if he gets to see "Hep, Joey D and Zach" in the flesh so anything else is a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back