Essendon 2014 offseason

Remove this Banner Ad

What else would Giles say? Essendon is a great result for him. He is only competing against Bellchambers for a spot. If you are an average ruck you want to go to a club that you are competing against other average rucks. Bellchambers was woeful in 2014.

AND.. Wild Bill is back. at it again.

How was Xmas? Did Santa bring you that Essendon guernsey you wanted?

Best you learn what Tom Bellchambers went through in 2014 before you comment on him being"woeful".

AND.. Wild Bill is back. at it again.

How was Xmas? Did Santa bring you that Essendon guernsey you wanted?

Best you learn what Tom Bellchambers went through in 2014 before you comment on him being"woeful".
If he is fit enough to play he loses the injury excuse. He had a poor year. Another like that and the loss of Ryder is massive.

i just don't think he is that good - which could be exposed in a big way without Ryder.

Watson to slow, can't kick, wont make it
Heppell to soft
Hooker just a plodder
Hurley well the list goes on

now I guess it is Bellchambers turn.
Looks like a good season is headed his way.

Watson to slow, can't kick, wont make it
Heppell to soft
Hooker just a plodder
Hurley well the list goes on

now I guess it is Bellchambers turn.
Looks like a good season is headed his way.

Watson is not quick or a great kick - elite clearance player.

Heppell is soft.

Hooker has had 1 good year - but even most bias ess supporters did not see his rise to AA in 2014. Way to play out a final to the end Cale :)

Hurley - failed forward sent back with average results - he is not the player you hoped he would be. Nice sig by the way - did you lose a bet?? Thats right you bet Hurley would make the AA squad in 2014 - yeah you have a good handle on how good your players are.....

Heppell's not soft. He's not a grunt player, but he's never shirked anything and tends to just waltz through packs and contests. I guess that gives the illusion of softness - but it's playing to one's strengths. But I'm sure you weren't serious - anyone who spends their Christmas Day trashing an Essendon player probably isn't serious about much.

I don't rate TBell, but I'd be pretty confident that he'll go better without Ryder. Not exactly sure how Giles fits in - the two of them won't work well together IMO. I mean, Ryder and TBell in the same side was rarely successful, and Ryder is far more contrasting than Giles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watson is not quick or a great kick - elite clearance player.

Heppell is soft.

Hooker has had 1 good year - but even most bias ess supporters did not see his rise to AA in 2014. Way to play out a final to the end Cale :)

Hurley - failed forward sent back with average results - he is not the player you hoped he would be. Nice sig by the way - did you lose a bet?? Thats right you bet Hurley would make the AA squad in 2014 - yeah you have a good handle on how good your players are.....

Wild Bill, you make some good points every now and again but this is just plain made up now.

The ONLY thing right in your post is Watson being an elite clearance player.

Heppell is straight up NOT soft. As mentioned, he is as soft as Pendlebury, K.Jack, N.Fyfe. Just wrong you even stated that.

Hooker was in the top 3 for intercept marks in 2013 AND 2014. Hardly "one good year". Many most ardent supporters (from all teams!) had no qualms putting Cale into the 40 man AA in 2013.

As for Hurley, you do know that he was a defender, yeah? Like an exceptionally talented U18 defender? Like U18 All Australian defender in both his bottom year and his draft year, yeah? Sure, we may have robbed him of his most formative years but he has become a very reliable defender in the past 24 months, finished in the top 10 (6th to be exact) of a finals bound side.

Heppell's not soft. He's not a grunt player, but he's never shirked anything and tends to just waltz through packs and contests. I guess that gives the illusion of softness - but it's playing to one's strengths. But I'm sure you weren't serious - anyone who spends their Christmas Day trashing an Essendon player probably isn't serious about much.

I don't rate TBell, but I'd be pretty confident that he'll go better without Ryder. Not exactly sure how Giles fits in - the two of them won't work well together IMO. I mean, Ryder and TBell in the same side was rarely successful, and Ryder is far more contrasting than Giles.
Stopped reading at never shirked a contest.

Wild Bill, you make some good points every now and again but this is just plain made up now.

The ONLY thing right in your post is Watson being an elite clearance player.

Heppell is straight up NOT soft. As mentioned, he is as soft as Pendlebury, K.Jack, N.Fyfe. Just wrong you even stated that.

Hooker was in the top 3 for intercept marks in 2013 AND 2014. Hardly "one good year". Many most ardent supporters (from all teams!) had no qualms putting Cale into the 40 man AA in 2013.

As for Hurley, you do know that he was a defender, yeah? Like an exceptionally talented U18 defender? Like U18 All Australian defender in both his bottom year and his draft year, yeah? Sure, we may have robbed him of his most formative years but he has become a very reliable defender in the past 24 months, finished in the top 10 (6th to be exact) of a finals bound side.
I get more right re ess than wrong. 8th, 7th, 11th!!! 1 spot in 3 years...

I have never seen Pendles, Jack and co pull out of contests - that's the difference.

Hooker missed the squad. Fair enough.

Sam Gibson was 7th in a top 4 side. Like Hurley he is solid but has holes in his game. He was the reason you lost to the lowly saints. He was the next big thing in 09. Disappointing that he is now Sam Gibson solid. But happy Sam Gibson is Michael Hurley soild!!!

I get more right re ess than wrong. 8th, 7th, 11th!!! 1 spot in 3 years...

I have never seen Pendles, Jack and co pull out of contests - that's the difference.

Hooker missed the squad. Fair enough.

Sam Gibson was 7th in a top 4 side. Like Hurley he is solid but has holes in his game. He was the reason you lost to the lowly saints. He was the next big thing in 09. Disappointing that he is now Sam Gibson solid. But happy Sam Gibson is Michael Hurley soild!!!
Last round in 2011 against Geelong in the goal square? I remember it being mentioned in the media at the time, I'm not 100% sure though.

You're kidding yourself if you think Heppell is soft. I've seen him back into packs countless times, not to mention how hard he goes at the ball in the centre square.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back