Essendon crisis: Leadership group tried to stop James Hird appealing verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 17, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
ASADA
Some senior Essendon players tried to persuade James Hird not to go through with his plan to appeal to the Federal Court verdict against him and the club, after the club hierarchy briefed the leadership group on the crisis on Wednesday.

The club intends to offer the coaching position to Mark Thompson in the event that Hird is sacked. It is understood that Thompson met with skipper Jobe Watson on Wednesday and indicated that he would not stay at Essendon next year - unless he was senior coach.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ng-verdict-20141001-10ovw8.html#ixzz3EtFNOdc9

God I hope Bomber gets the position.... Then ASADA sends him a SCN

Only the start of the end for Essendon, and I love it!

Dude they're all saying "Hird took a bullet for the club" - hahahhahahahahha, oh man he's so noble taking the shot for the team. #standbywtf

you get the impression Hird would a been a real prick of a kid. One of those stinking little brats who want everything their way. The kind of kid you just wanted to smack the s**t out of.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ng-verdict-20141001-10ovw8.html#ixzz3EtFNOdc9

Have you heard his Crichton Medal night speech? The guy bleeds red & black and knows what needs to be done to get that club back on track. What a powerful speech, inspirational! He loves the boys and I'm sure they love him. He said the hardest him for him now is stepping back (from his coaching role at Essendon) He loves the club, the players and wants to stay as senior coach. FMD how honest is this guy! The crowd was chanting Bomber! bomber! bomber!

GIVE HIM THE JOB, EFC AND * HIRD OFF IMMEDIATELY!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some senior Essendon players tried to persuade James Hird not to go through with his plan to appeal to the Federal Court verdict against him and the club, after the club hierarchy briefed the leadership group on the crisis on Wednesday.

The club intends to offer the coaching position to Mark Thompson in the event that Hird is sacked. It is understood that Thompson met with skipper Jobe Watson on Wednesday and indicated that he would not stay at Essendon next year - unless he was senior coach.

says a fair bit about you really

Have you heard his Crichton Medal night speech? The guy bleeds red & black and knows what needs to be done to get that club back on track. What a powerful speech, inspirational! He loves the boys and I'm sure they love him. He said the hardest him for him now is stepping back (from his coaching role at Essendon) He loves the club, the players and wants to stay as senior coach. FMD how honest is this guy! The crowd was chanting Bomber! bomber! bomber!

GIVE HIM THE JOB, EFC AND **** HIRD OFF IMMEDIATELY!
And yet, he still played a role in this whole debacle. Maybe not the largest, but not the smallest either.

you obviously cant read

You're obviously one of the few exceptions Mxxey.

A number of others have done their very best to piss off the rest of us with their abject refusal to believe anyone may have done anything wrong. They will be the ones we won't see posting again once the inevitable happens.

Kudos to you for taking a balanced view when at times it has pained you to do so.

What can't you follow? One factor in people taking delight in Essendon's situation is due to people like you. Hence comments hoping bomber takes over then gets an scn etc.
like me? ive openly said i would wait to make my mind up depending on the outcome. How is that unreasonable? Ive also said for over a year that the club is bigger than Hird and I couldnt care one way or the other if he stays. So if that has offended people enough to wish an apocolypse on the club im shocked to be sitting here.

You're obviously one of the few exceptions Mxxey.

A number of others have done there very best to piss off the rest of us with their abject refusal to believe anyone may have done anything wrong. They will be the ones we won't see posting again once the inevitable happens.

Kudos to you for taking a balanced view when at times it has pained you to do so.
Thanks! tell that to the last fwit

No biggy, its only the sport, sport's administration, all opposition clubs, asada, ex employees, your own players, the media, fans, people with a casual interest, supreme court, journalists and the internet that hates you. I think you can fight back from this.

Do this for me James. I need this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back