Essendon crisis: Leadership group tried to stop James Hird appealing verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

James Hird:

propministerBaghdad.jpg

We still control the airport!

The best was the post that insinuated that the whole thing was cooked up by Thompson as some elaborate plan to get the senior coaching role off Hird?! Absolute gold.
Imagine if it was though.

Bomber - "Pssst Hird, I've heard that Dank bloke is a cool guy", "Nah Hird, I'm sure PED's are fine to use", "Hey Hird, tell them you take full responsibility. It'll be a hoot!"

Bomber - "Pssst Hird, I've heard that Dank bloke is a cool guy", "Nah Hird, I'm sure PED's are fine to use", "Hey Hird, tell them you take full responsibility. It'll be a hoot!"
More like: "psst, hey James, I think you're a top decision maker, make another one!"

Have you heard his Crichton Medal night speech? The guy bleeds red & black and knows what needs to be done to get that club back on track. What a powerful speech, inspirational! He loves the boys and I'm sure they love him. He said the hardest him for him now is stepping back (from his coaching role at Essendon) He loves the club, the players and wants to stay as senior coach. FMD how honest is this guy! The crowd was chanting Bomber! bomber! bomber!

!

And if Hid stay now it will be Bummer! Bummer! Bummer!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is awesome. I especially like the part where Bomber addresses him as 'Hird'.

Wait a sec, so a bunch of Essendon's senior players begged James Albert to drop the legal appeal but he went ahead and did it anwyay?

I seem to be confused. I was under the impression this was the coach who has been telling us "its all about the players".
im neither here nor there on Hird, and will be quite happy to have Bomber as the senior coach proper next year
But when the media have gone so far out of their way to make it about you, its a little hard not to stand up for yourself.
18 months as a pantomime, forgotten fact here seems to be he is actually a person as well.

Have you heard his Crichton Medal night speech? The guy bleeds red & black and knows what needs to be done to get that club back on track. What a powerful speech, inspirational! He loves the boys and I'm sure they love him. He said the hardest him for him now is stepping back (from his coaching role at Essendon) He loves the club, the players and wants to stay as senior coach. FMD how honest is this guy! The crowd was chanting Bomber! bomber! bomber!

GIVE HIM THE JOB, EFC AND **** HIRD OFF IMMEDIATELY!
I reckon it's all game playing. He is going to Gold Coast. If he was a smart man, he would put some distance between himself and Essendon. For Gods sake does he want it to go on and on, cos that's what will happen. He could still get caught up more in it with ASADA and then where will he be?? All games IMO.

im neither here nor there on Hird, and will be quite happy to have Bomber as the senior coach proper next year
But when the media have gone so far out of their way to make it about you, its a little hard not to stand up for yourself.
18 months as a pantomime, forgotten fact here seems to be he is actually a person as well.

He pretty much could have played this any other way than he has done and come out it with a better public image. Well, I guess he hasn't started shooting puppies yet, that's something.

He pretty much could have played this any other way than he has done and come out it with a better public image. Well, I guess he hasn't started shooting puppies yet, that's something.
1-he's not the only one
2-when people start gunning for your head without knowing the facts, what would you do?
3-this should never have been conducted in public.
again, neither here nor there. But completely understand why he is trying to defend his name.

He is brave. So brave

1-he's not the only one
2-when people start gunning for your head without knowing the facts, what would you do?
3-this should never have been conducted in public.
again, neither here nor there. But completely understand why he is trying to defend his name.

The thing is he isn't trying to defend his name, he is hell bent on having the whole investigation declared illegal hoping that it will all go away and he can continue on as if nothing happened.

If he actually wanted to defend his name he would let the process continue and then defend himself against any allegations made. If he is so confident that he has done nothing wrong he wouldn't have anything to worry about.

The thing is he isn't trying to defend his name, he is hell bent on having the whole investigation declared illegal hoping that it will all go away and he can continue on as if nothing happened.

If he actually wanted to defend his name he would let the process continue and then defend himself against any allegations made. If he is so confident that he has done nothing wrong he wouldn't have anything to worry about.

Would love to post that on the Essendon board.

I reckon it's all game playing. He is going to Gold Coast. If he was a smart man, he would put some distance between himself and Essendon. For Gods sake does he want it to go on and on, cos that's what will happen. He could still get caught up more in it with ASADA and then where will he be?? All games IMO.

Nah, he loves the club and the players. I could hear it in his voice he was very passionate.
If Hird goes, Bomber isn't leaving that place. He's the best thing for Essendon right now.

Hird should be gone tomorrow. He can appeal whatever he likes as James hird and the club can hopefully start to move on and start making the right decisions. As far as bomber goes its an interesting one whether he can stay or not I hope he does but a lot could depend on what comes out around he's involvement. If players are issued infraction notices he may still be able to stay despite saying he would go. He only needs to say that I'm staying on despite this as the players want me to as does the club and he comes out of that looking fine. As with hird though bomber is not bigger than the club and everyone must understand this it not about bomber or hird it's about the essendon football club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back