Essendon District FL U/16's 2014

Fevolution14

Debutant
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Saw the umpire going off at somebody on the Abers bench telling them they didn't need to get involved. Can't see Douttas making much noise about it. Thought they took the loss really well and were gracious losers.

I do have a question to some Abers people though. I've heard for a couple of years now that the coach of this side takes them every second year and they've now won at Under 10, 12, 14 and 16 under him. Is this right and if so, what does he do on the alternate years?
Gives everyone else a chance :)

Fevolution14

Debutant
May 21, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
It was great to watch. Some of the goals they kicked came directly from just flat out terrific team work. It was hard to find a best player because they were all so good on the day. Who was actually judged BOG?

If there was one player from both sides who stood out for me it was, Jake Toa. What a mountain of a kid this boy is. Even in a beaten side he looked really good.
Jackson MacDonald - Abers - #64
Great hands, clean and delivered really well - plus had to carry a massive number so should get bonus votes

keenwatcher

Rookie
Jun 20, 2014
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Saw the umpire going off at somebody on the Abers bench telling them they didn't need to get involved. Can't see Douttas making much noise about it. Thought they took the loss really well and were gracious losers.

I do have a question to some Abers people though. I've heard for a couple of years now that the coach of this side takes them every second year and they've now won at Under 10, 12, 14 and 16 under him. Is this right and if so, what does he do on the alternate years?
Agree with that. I was critical of the coach after the first final but good to see him concentrate on coaching this time around.

Its a shame you have to wait till finals for a high standard contest as 10yrs ago most regular season U16 games were this good.

hawker15

Draftee
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Well done to abers,great standard of football. Unfortunately the ugly side of football marred a great contest.Being very close to the mallee, the abers coaches were unfortunately caught in the middle of alot of punches which were thrown by both sides. I would be interested to see whether the edfl officials impose any penalty for the mallee as they do to less stronger clubs.

Sherrin4lyf

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Spot on posts by all of you fellas, as a douttas supporter I thought that both sides were gracious and humble, in loss and defeat. Although, it was very upsetting to see the douttas boys beating up the opposition but I guess it's to be expected with what a huge rivalry there is between the sides. Abers were clearly more of a tightly-bonded team than douttas, something that the douttas coach has tried to stress to all of his players. Anyways, well done to young Mcdonald on the BOG and congratulations to Aberfeldie on a terrific year and it is very exciting to see how good the 18's and seniors will be if they do stick together. Also commiserations to the stars.
By the way, does anyone know the consequences that the young streaker will get after the little stunt, but I've got to admit it was a great goal.?
In div 2, Marby won easily over Avondale Heights, which was a bit of a surprise. Congrats to Marby as well on a great season and a marvelous finals campaign.

SEMPAI

Senior List
Dec 7, 2006
REGINES
AFL Club
Richmond
Don't know what you are trying to imply however there was no protest from the opposition box about any Abers coach staff behaviour - the fracas was basically in the Abers box - not much they could do - surely its better to stop something like that before it escalted any further - thought he did the right thing and got Abers players back on the game really quickly

Not implying anything except it was the umpire going off at the Abers coach for getting involved in the altercation , happen to know the league is looking in to it

footydude67

Debutant
Aug 16, 2010
Essendon
AFL Club
Essendon
Not implying anything except it was the umpire going off at the Abers coach for getting involved in the altercation , happen to know the league is looking in to it
I have also heard the same. Actually the latest mail is that he has been reported for man-handling players. I know this guy is a very good coach and a career coach who teaches both at secondary and tertiary level. It would be a shame if he was reported and sanctioned as it would also be a huge black mark against his reputation. I know he might have been trying to do the right thing by separating the kids but as a coach you just have to be so much smarter than that. With all the negative press there has been over the years you just cannot have an adult laying a finger on a kid on the footy field regardless of his intentions. A career coach should know better than that. Let's hope nothing comes of it as I actually rate him quite highly.
Anyway congrats to the Abers boys. My young bloke was pretty devastated after the game and no doubt will hear about it school as some of his good mates play there. They were clearly the best side all year and whilst we were hoping for an upset, we are pretty happy having finished second to a units of this quality.

SEMPAI

Senior List
Dec 7, 2006
REGINES
AFL Club
Richmond
I have also heard the same. Actually the latest mail is that he has been reported for man-handling players. I know this guy is a very good coach and a career coach who teaches both at secondary and tertiary level. It would be a shame if he was reported and sanctioned as it would also be a huge black mark against his reputation. I know he might have been trying to do the right thing by separating the kids but as a coach you just have to be so much smarter than that. With all the negative press there has been over the years you just cannot have an adult laying a finger on a kid on the footy field regardless of his intentions. A career coach should know better than that. Let's hope nothing comes of it as I actually rate him quite highly.
Anyway congrats to the Abers boys. My young bloke was pretty devastated after the game and no doubt will hear about it school as some of his good mates play there. They were clearly the best side all year and whilst we were hoping for an upset, we are pretty happy having finished second to a units of this quality.

They were the best team all year and the only way doutta's could have won is if abers had a dirty day and everything bounced right for doutta's

Sherrin4lyf

Cancelled
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congratulations to the following players on an outstanding season:
Matthew Williamson of Aberfeldie on winning the U/16's Division 1 EDFL B&F
Brodie Meyers of Essendon Doutta Stars on runners up
Luke Capuano of Roxburgh Park on winning the U/16's Division 2 EDFL B&F
Hayden Blythe of Glenroy on runners up
The full vote count will be up on the website in a couple days.

hawker15

Draftee
May 8, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Congratulations to Silvio Campanaro from northern saints for winning b & f
And jarrod Rodriguez from Pascoevale for coming runner up in div 3.
Great footballers who could obviously play at any level but chose to stay at their respective clubs regardless of the pressures to move to bigger clubs. Well done

Back