Oppo Camp Essendon FC verdict: Tuesday 31st of March.

Essendon FC outcome: are they guilty or innocent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

alex_is_on_fire

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Jul 25, 2010
Meekatharra
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Golden State Warriors NBA Champions
So, with the drugs in sport verdict (potentially) coming to a head on Tuesday, lets use this thread to make a prediction of their innocence or guilt.

You can use the poll to see who believe they are guilty or innocent and if you think they are guilt, how long will they get.

So, this is how you do it.

Verdict: Guilty
Length of penalty:
16 weeks

Edit: poll will last 2 as after Wednesday, we don't need it as you will knoew the outcome.

Can someone explain to me? Can they take the decision to the High court and play in the interim?

I would have thought opposing any verdict would be in their best interest as the longer the delay the better it will be for their older players who may likely be retired by the time all the appeals are exhausted.

I would love 2 years to send a message. I hope the players do sue, I can see how some of the younger players felt they had no alternatives. With that said, some players did oppose the injections which doesnt bode well for the other players.

EDIT - 2years 6 months.

There will be varied bans for players depending on whether they've sold out on others or not. My guess is there'll be about 10 who get 6 months backdated. Monfries, Ryder and Crameri will be part of this group. The others will get one year backdated and miss the season. On Tapatalk so can't do the poll.

Can someone explain to me? Can they take the decision to the High court and play in the interim?

EDIT - 2years 6 months.

Yes and I imagine they would apply for an appeal stright away.

I think, anywhere between 1 and 10 weeks, I think they will just serve it. Anything longer than 1 year and they will appeal.

However, if they then play - does that eliminate any backdated deal. Hence why they didn't plsy in the NAB cup?

Yes and I imagine they would apply for an appeal stright away.

I think, anywhere between 1 and 10 weeks, I think they will just serve it. Anything longer than 1 year and they will appeal.

However, if they then play - does that eliminate any backdated deal. Hence why they didn't plsy in the NAB cup?
That's right. As soon as they play it can't be backdated.

Guilty. 1 year bans.

Sticking to what I have thought all along.

Asada won't accept anything less.

Anything significantly more & players will appeal as could end a few careers.
Dustin was always thought to be not involved in it, IIRC, so I find it interesting he hasn't played. Was probably just speculation, though the Zaha rumours were true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's right. As soon as they play it can't be backdated.

Now, can you appeal a tribunal hearing?

From my understanding, if the legislation says it, you can. But unless its written in, you can not.

It's different to a court of law.

Innocent.

Not that I believe they are, just don't have much faith in any of this.
What gave me hope was when it was revealed every player will have his own verdict. If there was going to be blanket innocents, there is no reason to individualize verdicts. Can only mean players will be getting varied responses.

We will get a verdict but if guilty maybe not the penalty, that could be another couple of weeks away

if the players are found to be guilty they will appeal

if the players are found not guilty ASADA will appeal

if the players are found guilty and the punishment is to light, ASADA will appeal the sentence

this saga wont end with this weeks verdict either way it has another 6-12 months to play out

Now, can you appeal a tribunal hearing?

From my understanding, if the legislation says it, you can. But unless its written in, you can not.

It's different to a court of law.
So ASADA, WADA or the players as one/individually can appeal the results to whatever the world sports court is. AFL won't appeal as they'd risk losing their govt funding and I think Essendon can appeal on behalf of the players.

I can't see the players appealing though. If I can get my thoughts in order I'll explain but cricket and drinks are clouding me a little right now :p

We will get a verdict but if guilty maybe not the penalty, that could be another couple of weeks away

if the players are found to be guilty they will appeal

if the players are found not guilty ASADA will appeal

if the players are found guilty and the punishment is to light, ASADA will appeal the sentence

this saga wont end with this weeks verdict either way it has another 6-12 months to play out
Plus ASADA still needs to go after the officials and criminals (Dank et al)

Guilty and have to get 2 years. Can't see how they get a shorter ban.

Ha ha ha ha you've got to be joking. They'll get a few months backdated. Will miss a few weeks. Too much revenue at stake, ratings etc etc. Their punishment has basically been served already.

Guilty.

Not sure of length of ban because I'm too lazy to do the math, but bookmark it, after the bullshit backdating, ban will conveniently end so players only miss a paltry number of games. 2 games only.

Jeez I hope I'm way way wrong.

How can giving a ban less than a year send out a message to kids and young adults about taking banned substances???

It will be a crap decision. They need to be given the boot as a lesson for all. Personally I want them rubbed out for 2015.

How ironic that because their players have not played any NAB Cup that they have a very strong healthy team should ASADA give them as you suggested a couple of weeks.

Back