Peptides! *The * Dopers: come smell the bull****! ESSENDON FANS NOT WANTED

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.............

Harcourt says 'we are monitoring players health in case of cancers' or something of that effect.

Thompson comes out today and says 'the players have all been briefed that all the peptides were fine and in fact one is a treatment for cancer (insert laughter track here)'

YET ALL ALONG ESSENDON CLAIM TO HAVE NO RECORDS OF WHAT WAS GIVEN.

Which we all know is bullshit but how the hell can the media just stand there and no call the lying prick out on this blatant trip up.

Serious the scum have spun so much s**t they don't know what their story is anymore. Would have paid money for just one gutless flog in the media to pick him up on this fact just to see him bumble and back peddle.
Was thinking the same cannot like this post enough.

We don't know what we've given you but we know they are safe
We can't say if ule they get.we gave you the good injections or the bad injections but we have done nothing wrong
We are the good guys being bullied by those doing their jobs thoroughly
Of course, we are fighting this for the benefit of our staff and not mine and James' ego

Some or all of the above will be said to players by Essendon leaders as a defence. If any player signs a new or extended contract there irrespective of anything else, they deserves all the ridicule they get. If nothing else, the place is a basket case but more likely it is an unsafe, un checked and dangerous place to work.

Thompson comes out today and says 'the players have all been briefed that all the peptides were fine and in fact one is a treatment for cancer (insert laughter track here)'
What the F***??? It's okay mum, I don't have cancer, but they gave me stuff to cure it anyway.

This is what they were calling "supplements". Cancer drugs.

FFS, whoever in their right mind would think it would be a good idea to pump that sort of stuff into players? And why would they? Perhaps they knew that some of the other stuff caused cancer so they made a pre-emptive strike.

Edit to add: Most cancer drugs are poisons. They attack tumours because tumours grow faster than normal tissue so they take up more of the poison and die quicker. But the normal cells are still poisoned.

I got a feeling that ASADA have another drug lined up and ready to go. This round is to flush out all of Essendon's defences. Get the court challenge done. Get all the dirty laundry out. Work out exactly what they can use and what they cannot use. Give BM and the Judge a chance to clean the slate of all the crap the previous crew left behind.

Even if Essendon win it will be a false dawn. ASADA are just going to whack with something else.

Even if Essendon win it will be a false dawn. ASADA are just going to whack with something else.

They can always either use the evidence after the AFL participation, or just start all over. It would be quicker this time because they have the bulk of the evidence, they'll just re-interview all the players, support staff, etc.

Jobe Watson in 2011 was telling media about the program the players were about to undertake, and the benefits.

I can't believe that the players didn't know what they were getting injected with, didn't care to find out, and didn't suspect that they may have been getting stuff that wasn't completely safe. Risk v Reward. In some ways I'd liken it to smokers who tell themselves "oh well, you've got to die of something".

I certainly can't fathom the "we don't know what the players took....but we know it was was safe" play that Essendon continue to run with.

Again I ask, why don't they ask Dank, or compel him to talk? Why do they continue to ignore he even exists while looking to get the evidence that ASADA have collected thrown out?

AFL journos must have all graduated from a uni in IRAQ under they old controlling government. "We are not under attack" (while rockets land on building next door).

The media has become a bigger joke than the EFC.

It's embarassing how some 'journalists' are reporting on this. It's what happens when footballers turn to the media on retirement and don't want to upset the old boys club. The best stories have come from those who haven't played football - for those though, they have copped the 'what would they know'.
Caro, I must say, has become very quiet on this subject of late.

Fairfax Media can reveal that in recent days ASADA has sought, and obtained, fresh evidence to help corroborate the serious allegation it delivered in writing last month to 34 former and current AFL players.

In show-cause notices, the national anti-doping agency outlined its belief that 34 footballers used Thymosin Beta-4 in a supplements regime conducted largely in secret, and run by Dank, in 2011/12.

Despite demands made in the Federal Court, by Essendon and exiled coach James Hird, that ASADA should halt anti-doping proceedings against the Bombers, it has emerged the drug authority has not been deterred from gathering further evidence.

ASADA chief executive Ben McDevitt issued a disclosure notice to Fairfax journalist Nick McKenzie last week, demanding that an on-record interview he conducted with Dank in April, 2013, be handed over.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/asada-ups-ante-on-essendon-20140704-zswsf.html#ixzz36VrBsh7Q

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brightened a otherwise pretty shitty night Echols. Put a smile on my face
Haha, I don't take losses too badly these days anyway.

I do enjoy a new B&M article though. ;)

Haha, I don't take losses too badly these days anyway.

I do enjoy a new B&M article though. ;)

I still take them badly but I have stopped yelling abuse at the tv - mellowing in my old age

So.............

Harcourt says 'we are monitoring players health in case of cancers' or something of that effect.

YET ALL ALONG ESSENDON CLAIM TO HAVE NO RECORDS OF WHAT WAS GIVEN.

Which we all know is bullshit but how the hell can the media just stand there and no call the lying prick out on this blatant trip up.

Serious the scum have spun so much s**t they don't know what their story is anymore. Would have paid money for just one gutless flog in the media to pick him up on this fact just to see him bumble and back peddle.

That's the hard part when you resort to lying. You need to have a bloody good memory of all the lies previously and how they impact on each other. If you stick to the truth, you have nothing to worry about.

I don't know about others, but if someone said that to me, I am pretty sure that would make me more concerned. The immediate question I would be asking is, "Why in hell would I need to be subjecting myself to a cancer treatment?".

Are these questions EVER asked? ... or are footballers and journalists really as stupid as I think they are?

Sorry to intrude - had to laugh listening to Robbo on SEN.

Outraged over Brian Lakes actions and the damage it will do to the image of the game and the 'little tackers' who look up to their heroes.

.... and yet, injecting a bunch of kids with god knows what - he's all good with that. :rolleyes:

True, but Slobbo is only able to concentrate on one thing at one time. too many dormant brain cells killed off by alcohol.

I don't watch 360 like I use to, mainly because slobbo is just so ******* dumb when it comes to this saga. He only engages one side of the argument and shows very little rational thought, with a complete inability to look passed the "they said, we said" crap and cut to the crux of the matter and ask why it is that Essendon continue to spin, cover and deflect the facts of the case - they injected the players with anything and everything looking for a payoff.

Then he sits there and says to Gerard "don't take sides".

The guy is a halfwit.

That could be seen as offensive to a halfwit!

Quick question.

Do Port get the 4 points from the weekend's game when Essendon are banned from competition for eternity, and their games are struck from the record books?

If Essendon are banned from the AFL competition for eternity, I don't care what else happens!

Do it now, Mr WADA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back