Opinion Essendon Something

Remove this Banner Ad

When someone asks 'who do you go for?', is the answer 'Essendon' or 'Bombers'? The association is so ingrained a change wouldn't be that easy to implement & off the back of the last few years, could backfire horribly.

For me it's always been Essendon or Dons.

Edit: Was it (Dons) ever an official name, or just used adhoc because of our association with Don Smallgoods.

Last edited:
For me it's always been Essendon or Dons.

Edit: Was it (Dons) ever an official name, or just used adhoc because of our association with Don Smallgoods.

Precedes the Don Smallgoods thing. Never used officially, but it would be more correct to say 'Dons

To ease transition for journos we could go with Essendon Saga - strong, singular noun like Port Power

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nup.

Bears kill, Cats kill, Giants steal magic gooses that lay golden eggs, Sun gives people cancer, Magpies a campaigners of a thing.

If we went off your theory all associated names are too evil.

Thank you for this post

Ive been pissed off trying to figure out what campaigner stole my ******* magic goose, so I appreciate the help :)

It's obviously a value judgement but I reckon Port, The West Coast, Freo, Adelaide, Brisbane, The GWS, The Gold Coast, norf and the Dogs all definitely have worse songs than ours. So yeah I guess that's average and I agree with you. :thumbsu:
Norf have a great song, their most redeeming feature. As do Brisbane. Would only agree with Freo, GWS and GC on that list, and would add Carlton.

Norf have a great song, their most redeeming feature. As do Brisbane. Would only agree with Freo, GWS and GC on that list, and would add Carlton.
Nah I hate all that norf melbun will be premyers derp derp derp stuff. Remember when they used to say the year? :$

You think Port and The West Coast have better songs than us? Jesus Christ man..

Sidebar.. I did a google search for norf's song just in case I was missing something and by habit typed in norf

upload_2015-8-28_18-25-14.png

I have to admit I chuckled at the first result.

Nah I hate all that norf melbun will be premyers derp derp derp stuff. Remember when they used to say the year? :$

You think Port and The West Coast have a better songs than us? Jesus Christ man..

Sidebar.. I did a google search for norf's song just in case I was missing something and by habit typed in norf

View attachment 167346

Ha ha NORF. Outstanding. What a pack of wankas.

You think Port and The West Coast have better songs than us? Jesus Christ man..

View attachment 167346

As a Mod can you confirm the word norf can now be used freely on main board and Norf Board as the urban dictionary states "it is now an accepted abbreviation for this struggling football club" ?

Surely all infractions given for the use of the word "Norf" must be revoked and a full apology given.

Just saying.

As a Mod can you confirm the word norf can now be used freely on main board and Norf Board as the urban dictionary states "it is now an accepted abbreviation for this struggling football club" ?

Surely all infractions given for the use of the word "Norf" must be revoked and a full apology given.

Just saying.
No. I can only confirm it can be used here.

Just saying.
You need Doss to confirm that

Given we don't seem to be anywhere near as powerful as a bomber anymore, and the way we handball the footy is absolutely terrible i think the name the Essendon Hand Grenades is appropriate. Every time we handball it a few times in a row its like we are throwing a live grenade around until eventually someone craps themselves and chucks it away.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back