Essendon top players prices/positions

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He'd have to be 120k cheap to be relevant. His scoring history is that of a mediocre SC rookie selection. Wouldn't touch him at anywhere near 200k

View attachment 210198

Thought I saw in that article the other day that he'd be 117k.
If not he's no chance.

Thought I saw in that article the other day that he'd be 117k.
If not he's no chance.

Yeah, he was listed as being $117k in the article about recruit prices.

I don't expect him to score better than he did at Brisbane, but I'd struggle to see him scoring worse.

Yeah, he was listed as being $117k in the article about recruit prices.

I don't expect him to score better than he did at Brisbane, but I'd struggle to see him scoring worse.
If he scores about a 55 average and is priced at 117k he's only going to make about 150k profit. Not sure that he'd be worth the risk.

If he scores about a 55 average and is priced at 117k he's only going to make about 150k profit. Not sure that he'd be worth the risk.

The thing to remember about averages is that overall averages don't dictate prices after the first selection - instead it's a three game average. Polks is quite capable of knocking out a 80 or 90 to bump his price up to a worthwhile cash infusion. It's the 30s that bring down his overall average.

Thing is that no matter how off the park Essendon are going to get played players will be taking points as part of their SC pie.

I only have last years stats, so whilst 2013 GWS and Melbourne may be a better example the three worst teams last year still managed on average as a team total about 1550 SC points on average which still means 70 points a game per player. It has to go somewhere.

Thing is that no matter how off the park Essendon are going to get played players will be taking points as part of their SC pie.

I only have last years stats, so whilst 2013 GWS and Melbourne may be a better example the three worst teams last year still managed on average as a team total about 1550 SC points on average which still means 70 points a game per player. It has to go somewhere.

And they are unlikely to have many super games from players taking 150-170 points etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't realise that Stokes is M/F this year.

388k priced at 71ppg (from 14 games in 2015)

Surprisingly only just turned 31 (thought he was older than that)

Averaged 97 in both 2013 & 2014 (from 21 & 18 games)

Am I crazy to even be half considering him?

He has always been an outside mid, great user and goal scorer but not a clearance player. scored well in the good geelong sides but i cant see that happening with less supply in a weaker dons brigade. Will have a few decent scores and alot of 70~80's. Pass for me.

I reckon he's done, won't get near a 95+ average, 75-85 looks about right
if he was under $300,000 I might have considered him

So it seems Luey still troubled by Achilles and a couple of weeks away.

He is one of those players that would have to be at rookie price for me to consider. Is never going to last a full year, poor bloke, would be a top ruck if he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back