Essendon top up players - Who's available?

beowulf

Club Legend
Oct 17, 2009
Golden Square
AFL Club
Carlton
However, don't worry too much. Someone else will screw up spectacularly soon enough off the field and bring his club front page bad press. It is only a matter of time. If he were still playing, Fev would rescue you: he was good at being a dill where alcohol was concerned. Then again, Dustin Martin may decide to take his chopsticks elsewhere. There are plenty of contenders to get you guys off the front page for at least a little while.
I did not expect to be prescient. If I knew I could tell the future I'd get Tattslotto right.
However, I am sure all of Essendon will be thanking Collingwood for their endless favours in recent days.

You have to laugh at the irony of the selection of Crowley

Essendon certainly are a joke at the moment, I mean they should be distancing themselves from drugs and doping associations yet with the coach they hired and now the first top up player they selected, it seems that they don't want to be known as anything but shady.

Aug 24, 2012
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
T'Wolves/Patrick Beverley/Footscray
Based on what? Harper has no idea how to find the footy at any level.
This is how I see it. Bombers need players that they're very confident can come in and contribute to some extent, not largely unproven players that might prove to be a diamond in the rough. Harper's inability to win the ball at even VFL level is an issue and a large part of why his talent went unfulfilled. Certainly talented, but I don't think he's the right fit, particularly given that he hasn't played AFL in three years.

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
Kieran harper would be a top 10 player for Essendon next season if selected

1084.gif

Jun 22, 2015
Where the magic happens
AFL Club
Essendon
Don't want to see us pick either Saad or Crowley.

For ****s sake, we just had 12 guys banned for taking drugs.

So we go and pick up 2 guys who took drugs.

The media would have a field day.

How is it going to be any different in 2017 when we have up to 12 convinced drug cheats running around for us? You may aswell get used to it now.

With Kelly and Crowley, It been Dad's Army so far

It makes sense. Considering the age bracket the bans have taken out Essendon would want players who have at least shown they can play at AFL level, and they've already got youth covered. There's not a heap of point of picking "might be great, might be terrible" players because they've got no claim on them after this year.

Jonathan Simpkin would be a chance. A great player over the years in the VFL and can come in and play a role for Essendon in the midfield and can find plenty of the ball.

Lol. Your team in the AFL this year would lose to Williamstown.

You are delusional if you think he wouldn't play.
The bloke averaged 11 disposals in the VFL last year. To put it in perspective, Aaron Heppell, who is on a VFL list because of his surname averaged more disposals.

Even at Essendon, at best Harper would be a bottom 6 player. But I think he is someone that would be fighting for a game and playing VFL

Personally, there are better state league players then him and he should get passed over.

There is a good reason he was delisted and not even rookied.

Jun 22, 2015
Where the magic happens
AFL Club
Essendon
Even at Essendon, at best Harper would be a bottom 6 player. But I think he is someone that would be fighting for a game and playing VFL

Personally, there are better state league players then him and he should get passed over.

There is a good reason he was delisted and not even rookied.

I wouldn't get sucked in too hard. I'm not even sure he believes what he's saying. He's just gone fishing.

Explain how he helps us.

We've lost 5 inside midfielders and 3 starting talls, and we're going to waste a spot on someone who doesn't address a need on any basis, be it, experience, position or ability?

It's not as if we don't have any gifted, skinny kids that can benefit from his spot.

Back