Essendon vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL Essendon fans.

You guys carry on like it's all just a big witch hunt and everything you did was perfectly above board.

You'd have a point if you could actually substantiate what you gave the players. Documentation to ASADA/WADA, rubber stamp of approval, a big FU to everyone trying to make out you are drug cheats. Sounds pretty straightforward to me, yet here we are 3 years later and people still think that documentation you don't have is proof of drugs you didn't take.

Anyway whatever you took or didn't take isn't working. Conceding nearly 20 goals a game on average over a 10 week stretch. That's ugly.

You can't actually claim that the AFL wanted to find the truth though. It's not "Everyone outside of Essendon" when one of the most important bodies in all of this (the AFL) was just managing its image.

You can't actually claim that the AFL wanted to find the truth though. It's not "Everyone outside of Essendon" when one of the most important bodies in all of this (the AFL) was just managing its image.
Quite the opposite, the afl wants nothing of the truth. The AFL has been quite brilliant in a dastardly way all through this. They have never really created protocols for proper supplement use, never been ahead of the game, always reacting. So when the saga breaks out, they have shared liability being employers, and they aimed and so far succeeded in giving the dons a penalty to keep a final seasons clean of dopers, while avoiding a doping ruling. They have stuck to their agenda and so far succeeded. masterful work so far by the AFL. They now have to deal with WADA. Can Macca do a Demetriou, that's the question now.

Where do you draw the line?
Where do you accept the incompetence on the prosecution?
Where do you acknowledge that you may be wrong?

oscar pistorius has been tried, prosecuted and is getting let our next week.

just think about that mate, a killer is getting more respect than the playing group.
I'd draw the line at Essendon producing detail documentation of what the players took. You know it's not that hard to prove your innocence in this case :$

The members much to their dislike have been as week as piss, they should have got the number of signatures required and had Little and board thrown out along with Hird a long time ago. Even my pissweak club threw Elliott out. I expected more of them. They ate the bullshit being fed to them by Little and their golden boy. The members shouldn't be crying foul, they have sat on their hands. They have the power to make the change.

Wow what a smashing, I might of picked Essendon by 16 but at least I didn't put money on it so that is a saving grace.

I hope the club can pull off a Western Bulldogs comeback next year.

Lol Jimmy blaming the players. 'It's not the message, it's the execution'. This guy is a disgrace.

Can someone tell me just what the message actually is?

Because if it is "apply no pressure whatsoever, and allow the the opposition to do precisely as they please", then I would suggest the execution is perfect.

Can someone tell me just what the message actually is?

Because if it is "apply no pressure whatsoever, and allow the the opposition to do precisely as they please", then I would suggest the execution is perfect.

The message is to try as little as possible and get a high draft pick but to disguise the lack of effort by blaming exterior influences whilst leaving the players and coaches blameless ;)
Call it Tanking 2.0 :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The inability to prosecute is innocence mate.
I could accuse you of being a murderer, get a shitstorm of negative media and circumstantial evidence .

If it can't even be proved you were at the scene then that's just an awfully bad case. But **** you, you're a murderer.

Anyways apologies for the derail and congratulations to Adelaide.

Actually its a technicality. It doesn't mean you are innocent at all. For the record had it been a murder trial and the quality of evidence supplied by ASADA was supplied, Essendon would have been found guilty. There are quotes to this affect by several high priced lawyers. Because the AFL were the judges they wanted a smoking gun before they supplied the logical verdict. So I wouldn't be running around saying Essendon are innocent!

The reality is that the players clearly have no respect for Hird. They are disillusioned and what is really frustrating for them is the club is telling the world they are disillusioned with the WADA process. That is clearly wrong. Any other club would have sacked a coach like Hird not just weeks ago but most clubs would be a year and a half into a new coach. Essendon will continue to lack respect from anyone until they get rid of that ego maniac.

The reality is that the players clearly have no respect for Hird. They are disillusioned and what is really frustrating for them is the club is telling the world they are disillusioned with the WADA process. That is clearly wrong. Any other club would have sacked a coach like Hird not just weeks ago but most clubs would be a year and a half into a new coach. Essendon will continue to lack respect from anyone until they get rid of that ego maniac.

True, it is clear the players are not playing for Hird anymore. Or has he told them the best way to send a message to WADA is to play poorly and make him look bad first? Surely not. Hard to imagine they will suddenly find their love for him when all appeals are said and done. Perhaps a reborn is better then a rebuild. Would a suspension really be the worst thing? Nobody has the balls to sack him but a mass suspension would mean he would have no choice but to leave if he was really with the players. And in turn the new breed of baby Bombers would come in fresh, unburdened by the past and bring the club back to life.

Actually its a technicality. It doesn't mean you are innocent at all. For the record had it been a murder trial and the quality of evidence supplied by ASADA was supplied, Essendon would have been found guilty. There are quotes to this affect by several high priced lawyers. Because the AFL were the judges they wanted a smoking gun before they supplied the logical verdict. So I wouldn't be running around saying Essendon are innocent!

I'm against basically everything that Essendon, Hird (and even the AFL) have done throughout this sage, but I must say that is complete and utter tripe.

It is true that the Bombers have been judged harshly by the public, but it is jugement that is certainly well founded, and completely self-inflicted in my honest opinion. It will not affect the matter at the relevant tribunal so I could not give a hoot as to how bad everyone has made Essendon to feel.

If the supplements saga has been such a destructive issue for Hird and the players in 2015, what does it say for the performance of Thompson and virtually the same playing group in 2014?

The off-field distraction narrative in 2015 is just more spin and deflection. The reality is that Hird is an utterly inept coach and literally has no idea what the hell he is doing. Clearly Bomber Thompson was the svengali pulling all the match-day coaching strings in 2011-2013. And to think that Paul Little had the chance to lock Bomber in at the end of last season but wet his pants at the prospect of legal action from Hird. Paul, a big hearty thank you from the other 17 clubs.

If the supplements saga has been such a destructive issue for Hird and the players in 2015, what does it say for the performance of Thompson and virtually the same playing group in 2014?

The off-field distraction narrative in 2015 is just more spin and deflection. The reality is that Hird is an utterly inept coach and literally has no idea what the hell he is doing. Clearly Bomber Thompson was the svengali pulling all the match-day coaching strings in 2011-2013. And to think that Paul Little had the chance to lock Bomber in at the end of last season but wet his pants at the prospect of legal action from Hird. Paul, a big hearty thank you from the other 17 clubs.
Virtually the same playing group - but one round of delistings and drafting later. There's actually fewer players on this year's list with a pending WADA case. It's less of an excuse for him than the coach that took them to finals last year.

And never did we see Bomber blaming the rookies for the team's on field problems last year.

Hird is just a s**t bloke.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back