Essendon vs Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm against basically everything that Essendon, Hird (and even the AFL) have done throughout this sage, but I must say that is complete and utter tripe.

It is true that the Bombers have been judged harshly by the public, but it is jugement that is certainly well founded, and completely self-inflicted in my honest opinion. It will not affect the matter at the relevant tribunal so I could not give a hoot as to how bad everyone has made Essendon to feel.

Its not tripe. Think about it. ASADA had proof of TB4 being delivered to EFC in quantities that match the levels of the injection regime but due to no records or a so called positive tests the AFL said the bourdon of proof didn't get met. I guess TB4 isn't illegal if you are going to paint the walls with it. The AFL will get hugely embarrassed by CAS and WADA IMO now.

Its not tripe. Think about it. ASADA had proof of TB4 being delivered to EFC in quantities that match the levels of the injection regime but due to no records or a so called positive tests the AFL said the bourdon of proof didn't get met. I guess TB4 isn't illegal if you are going to paint the walls with it. The AFL will get hugely embarrassed by CAS and WADA IMO now.

You do realise the standard of proof in a criminal jurisdiction is "beyond a reasonable doubt"? I'm not going to engage any further with you about a ridiculous hypothetical that grossly exaggerates the guilt of the Bombers.

If a seasoned panel (even though they were AFL-appointed, and consequently, not completely independent despite their credibility within the legal industry) deemed that they were "not comfortably satisfied" TB4 was at the club, it is completely laughable to think they would have no reasonable doubts as to it's presence.

I wouldn't say it'll be an embarrassment by WADA, they have access to resources and testing that not even ASADA can afford. They have international lawyers with plenty of experience on their side.

If Hird had any credibility left or any sense of a moral compass he would've stepped down long ago and let the club move on without him but no, not only does he dig his heels in and continue on this self defeating pathway he is steadfast in his litigious crusade of self righteousness.
The bloke just doesn't get it. He's had so many opportunities to be the bigger person in this and leave with some sense of dignity but he's refused each and every time.
What a c***.

Board meeting at Essendon:

If the supplements saga has been such a destructive issue for Hird and the players in 2015, what does it say for the performance of Thompson and virtually the same playing group in 2014?

The off-field distraction narrative in 2015 is just more spin and deflection. The reality is that Hird is an utterly inept coach and literally has no idea what the hell he is doing. Clearly Bomber Thompson was the svengali pulling all the match-day coaching strings in 2011-2013. And to think that Paul Little had the chance to lock Bomber in at the end of last season but wet his pants at the prospect of legal action from Hird. Paul, a big hearty thank you from the other 17 clubs.

This, not a truer word spoken

The reality is that the players clearly have no respect for Hird. They are disillusioned and what is really frustrating for them is the club is telling the world they are disillusioned with the WADA process. That is clearly wrong. Any other club would have sacked a coach like Hird not just weeks ago but most clubs would be a year and a half into a new coach. Essendon will continue to lack respect from anyone until they get rid of that ego maniac.
Not wrong. It's unfortunately not a normal situation. Plus, we tend to remove coaches at year end (that said, we don't have a lot of sample data. Sheeds and Knights - and both down to circumstances. Sheeds: respect. Knights: waiting for bomber).

It will come at year end. Probably after the cas hearing, maybe before. But post season. The review certainly was the start of the process.

Given they couldn't build a link to the country with tb4 let alone the club or specific players, the proof can't have been that great.
As for "so called" positive tests, this has to be the standard when talking about people's careers. Looks like, smells like isn't good enough. There was plenty of smoke around Dane swan. But in the absence of a positive test, I give him the benefit of the doubt

Essendon are just so bad. So, so bad.

I didn't watch the post match presser. Was Hird shocked to be sitting there?

Conceding 116.7 points per game over the last 10. Yikes.
God even Carlton wouldn't have leaked that much (I don't think).

In the presser in regards to the saga --> HIRD: "I've taken responsibility"

LO****inL

No sympathy for these utensils. Hird was being a campaigner from day dot. You can absolutely attribute a lot of this s**t to his actions. Not necessarily during the program, but definitely for the way he has handled everything after the bomb drop. Bomber fans digested Hird's s**t hook, line and sinker.

I'm gonna enjoy this s**t like hedonism bot.

Djambi! The chocolate icing!

True, it is clear the players are not playing for Hird anymore. Or has he told them the best way to send a message to WADA is to play poorly and make him look bad first? Surely not. Hard to imagine they will suddenly find their love for him when all appeals are said and done. Perhaps a reborn is better then a rebuild. Would a suspension really be the worst thing? Nobody has the balls to sack him but a mass suspension would mean he would have no choice but to leave if he was really with the players. And in turn the new breed of baby Bombers would come in fresh, unburdened by the past and bring the club back to life.
More likely this is what Hirdy's saying to the players during the breaks:

hird169-408x264.jpg
YOU. YOU did this to me. YOU.

You can't actually claim that the AFL wanted to find the truth though. It's not "Everyone outside of Essendon" when one of the most important bodies in all of this (the AFL) was just managing its image.

The AFL absolutely want to know the truth.

Doesn't mean they want to share it. They just want to know everything so they can best spin it to suit their agenda of the day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sick of everybody saying HIRD is a bad coach and has no answers. He's tried coaching from the box, the bench, from France, saying nothing and just sipping water. Today he even tried putting the phone in his mouth. It's no his fault the players aren't responding - he's just ahead of his time.
Nope, turns out he was just licking the phone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back