Preview Essendon vs Brisbane, Docklands, 24/05/15 @ 1:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Belly was injured at the start of the year why didn't we give Giles a shot?

The word is his injury couldn't deteriorate, so the decision was to get games into Bellchambers as he hadn't played last year nor had a NAB Cup. He desperately needed AFL game time.

Personally I'm ok with it, long term he's still our number 1 ruck.

Played well in the NAB. Was one of GWS stars early in his career. Could be completely demotivated due to being over looked in seniors for so long.

Although better attitude for Giles would be to dominate VFL and demand selection.
He had one good game in the NAB, then was dead set average in the other two. Then proceeded to be average in the VFL.

Played well in the NAB. Was one of GWS stars early in his career. Could be completely demotivated due to being over looked in seniors for so long.

Although better attitude for Giles would be to dominate VFL and demand selection.

He played an OK match against St Kilda in the NAB, kicked 3 goals, pretty sure one was a downfield free and another a Joe the goose in the square. I have seen 3 matches of the VFL and he is definitely not anywhere near good enough to be considered for AFL at present.

The word is his injury couldn't deteriorate, so the decision was to get games into Bellchambers as he hadn't played last year nor had a NAB Cup. He desperately needed AFL game time.

Personally I'm ok with it, long term he's still our number 1 ruck.

I also would rather get game time into Bellchambers but I was wondering as to why Giles wasn't getting a gig for at least one week. He had the choice of Ade or Essendon and I thought that when he picked here that would mean some senior games early in the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly people, if Mckernan stayed in the side who would be dropped? He can't ruck a whole game out as we saw last week he was useless after half time so Bellchambers wasn't going to make way for him, he isn't capable of playing a sole forward role so Daniher and Carlisle are well ahead of him in that area, he doesn't provide the pressure that Ambrose does so he stays and we have had a lack of pace all year so why would we add an extra tall to our structure? He is a bit part player who unfortunately doesn't excel in any one particular area, he will only play when there is an injury to a key player.

Honestly people, if Mckernan stayed in the side who would be dropped? He can't ruck a whole game out as we saw last week he was useless after half time so Bellchambers wasn't going to make way for him, he isn't capable of playing a sole forward role so Daniher and Carlisle are well ahead of him in that area, he doesn't provide the pressure that Ambrose does so he stays and we have had a lack of pace all year so why would we add an extra tall to our structure? He is a bit part player who unfortunately doesn't excel in any one particular area, he will only play when there is an injury to a key player.

Exactly

prudd.gif

Considering the position he is playing v the position the following play...

V North
  1. Daniher
  2. Bellchambers
  3. Ashby
  4. Langford
  5. Baguley/Hibberd/Hooker/Dempsey borderline
V Freo
  1. Hams
  2. Ambrose
  3. Zaharakis
  4. Dempsey
  5. Bellchambers
  6. Daniher/Carlilse/Melksham borderline
Seriously I thought Baguley did a good job on Boomer

I don't like Ambrose and J Merrett in the same fwd line. Both good at applying pressure, but neither has a great goal sense, which i think McKernan has.

I don't like Ambrose and J Merrett in the same fwd line. Both good at applying pressure, but neither has a great goal sense, which i think McKernan has.

That's fine but Mckernan isn't a replacement for either of them, the only way he is getting a game is if Daniher or Carlisle aren't there or Hurley or Hooker get injured and Jake goes back.

Even if Hurley or Hooker aren't playing I'd have my money on gwilt coming in before McKernan.

I also would rather get game time into Bellchambers but I was wondering as to why Giles wasn't getting a gig for at least one week. He had the choice of Ade or Essendon and I thought that when he picked here that would mean some senior games early in the year.

Vs Bellchambers or Sam Jacobs. Clearly he had an easier fight for no.1 ruck at Essendon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back