Preview Essendon vs Brisbane, Docklands, 24/05/15 @ 1:10 PM

Winner?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will be disappointed if Bombers think they are going to have a percentage boosting win and show little respect for the opposition.
We don't have the scoring power to blow any side out of the water.

This game will be close and will go down to the wire.

What do you bombers fans say about a draw?

IMO, I don't care. As long as we get points and get further from the bottom. Sorry Malthouse, I think the wooden spoon is yours this year :D

Agree that J. Merrett should not be on the chopping block though you do tend to wonder why we bother with him.

He gets frozen out of the midfield rotation (which he is part of at VFL level) so that he can be a ground level presence in the forward line which he does reasonably well but it's not his forte and he doesn't hit the scoreboard enough that he screams 'pick me' every week.

We need a player that can patrol a wing for 80% of game time working hard up and down the ground. This is what Jack does at VFL level and what he should be given the chance to do at AFL level.

Agreed 100%. Jack is being played out of position. Most frustrating thing about Essendon's development the last two years is to develop a player in the midfield in the seconds and then play them out of position at AFL level.

The bigger problem is we don't have AFL quality small forwards so whoever is just making the team each week gets dumped in the pocket.

I don't really think his position should have anything to do with it. Where else do you want him to play? I'm assuming midfield/wing? Who's spot do you want him to take?

V Freo he didn't impact the game at all, after kicking the first goal (one of the larger push in the backs you'll see). He was definitely better then Hams and probably better than Ambrose. That's it.

V North he was better, but still bottom few. He was better than Ashby and that's probably it. Langford was injured first couple of minutes so do you really count him?

Point is, he's been mediocre at best. We admittedly don't have anyone knocking down the door for his spot, but I hate that we reward mediocrity. And it's not like he's a teenager - he's 22, which isn't that young.

Let me know when you spot some AFL quality small fowards on our list, at least hes scored a major in each of the games hes played this year.

What do you bombers fans say about a draw?

IMO, I don't care. As long as we get points and get further from the bottom. Sorry Malthouse, I think the wooden spoon is yours this year :D
Some tipped Lions to be a chance for the 8 at the start of the season.

If I was you, I would be p#ssed off with the way Lions played in the first 4 rounds and expect them to string some wins together.

Cant understand why you don't care!

This game is pivotal for the remainder of the season for both Lions and Bombers.

It is win at all costs!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a little query.

I'm taking my son to the game for the kids-free-Sunday thing. As a reserved seat member do I simply get a ticket online and sit with him in general admission or can I take my chances with him in the reserved seat section? Do they care where I take him when it's an interstate team? He's 7 so a bit big for knee-sitting.

Let me know when you spot some AFL quality small fowards on our list, at least hes scored a major in each of the games hes played this year.
What do you expect him to do, come out and kick 6 or 7 goals when he is continually dropped after playing 1 or 2 games?

To judge a players game, you need to know what role the coach has given him. His primary goal may be to negate a running backman on the other side and if he gets a goal or 2, it is a bonus. Each time he plays, he spends 40-50% of his time on the bench.

Fletcher, Chapman, Watson, Cooney, Goddard will not be around for too much longer. And it will take time to groom replacements. The more match time guys like JM get now, the stronger the club will be.

Brisbane don't have a third tall forward so we could quite easily bring in a small if one of those players are injured.
Dawson is our third tall forward. Début this week for the young lad. Jumps at the ball and can take a screamer so he adds a point of difference although McStay gets his goals from jumping over the pack as well. Will be a very tough day for our forwards this week so I suspect the mozzies will be our main scoring threat again.

I have a little query.

I'm taking my son to the game for the kids-free-Sunday thing. As a reserved seat member do I simply get a ticket online and sit with him in general admission or can I take my chances with him in the reserved seat section? Do they care where I take him when it's an interstate team? He's 7 so a bit big for knee-sitting.
just bring him into reserve, you should be right

Team

B Michael Hibberd, Cale Hooker, Mark Baguley
HB Michael Hurley, Dustin Fletcher, Martin Gleeson
C Brent Stanton, Jobe Watson, Adam Cooney
HF Jackson Merrett, Patrick Ambrose, Dyson Heppell
F Zach Merrett, Jake Carlisle, Joe Daniher
Fol Tom Bellchambers, Brendon Goddard, Jake Melksham

I/C Travis Colyer, Courtenay Dempsey ,Paul Chapman
(Sub) Ben Howlett

Emg

• Shaun McKernan,
  • Shaun Edwards,
  • Orazio Fantasia

What do you expect him to do, come out and kick 6 or 7 goals when he is continually dropped after playing 1 or 2 games?

To judge a players game, you need to know what role the coach has given him. His primary goal may be to negate a running backman on the other side and if he gets a goal or 2, it is a bonus. Each time he plays, he spends 40-50% of his time on the bench.

Fletcher, Chapman, Watson, Cooney, Goddard will not be around for too much longer. And it will take time to groom replacements. The more match time guys like JM get now, the stronger the club will be.

Ahh okay? 've been supporting JM's inclusion in the side... o_O

But while you're at it... ToG: v Freo 79%, v Norf 84%

We're never gonna agree on it. For me, i don't see a top8 team winning a final with Merrett and Ambrose in a pocket. It just won't happen.

But, as you said, we don't have a lot of other options at this point.

Fwiw, i'd be giving Laverde a go over him, plus i'd much rather Fanta or Edwards over Jackson.

Yes, i expect 7 goals from Jackson Merrett every week.

You take a goal or two a week from your forward pocket, but he has barely impacted the game both games he's played.

Do you watch the games? When was the last time he came in for 1 game and got dropped? And what are you talking about 50% of the game on the bench?

At this point, if a 22 year old playing the way he is is in you're best 22, your not a top 8 side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back